WHMCS V3.5 Discussion [MERGED]

Matt

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WHMCS CEO
5.0 has some killer features. It's working great out of the box.

One downfall is it seems unless you point customers to http://yourdomain.com/whmcs/order.php directly, the cart system overrides the order templates.

I can already see requests to turn off the cart system coming down the pipe...

There's no need to turn the cart system off as you can use both simultaneously. Both links are provided in the admin area now as direct order links from products so you can choose which to use on a per product basis if you wish

Mine doesn't, mine goes to order.php directly. I guess you need to change it in the template but it would be nice for you to be able to configure it in the Admin CP.

If you don't use the default templates then you'll need to update your homepage.tpl file to link to cart.php if that's what you want to link to as the default.

Matt

• WHMCS CEO
Matt, you have mentioned on new feature as "Domain Reseller Support". What is this?

This is because with the new cart system, a client in your WHMCS can order domains and set the registrant details to be a different user at the time of order. So while the domain will be in their account with you, the domain will be registered using whatever details they enter during the order process, ie. they can buy domains for others (ideal for your reseller hosts).

Matt

• WHMCS CEO

Yes, that's correct. Completely seperate so existing users won't see any change unless they want to switch to using the cart system. A lot of people prefer the guided process a single product order form allows so unlike some other systems, with WHMCS you get the best of both worlds and can pick the process you want your customers to use.

Matt

Yes, that's correct. Completely seperate so existing users won't see any change unless they want to switch to using the cart system. A lot of people prefer the guided process a single product order form allows so unlike some other systems, with WHMCS you get the best of both worlds and can pick the process you want your customers to use.

Matt

Matt,

Wouldn't "best of both worlds" be to have the cart option available to be turned off or on per order form(single, default or boxes) Would that be possible? (I know that sounded like a complaint yet that is not the point of my question)

• WHMCS CEO

No, the single product order form templates don't have the necessary coding to work with multiple products and people would have only complained about existing templates changing that they had customised. The way it is, there's no existing order form templates changed. The cart system is a new ordering system and has a new design. The old system remains as it was unchanged.

Matt

Matt

That's what we were looking for. To not take down our extremely custom single page order form and redesign it again.

Thanks to Matt and developers that thought about making the cart.php separate from the order.php steps :D

There's no need to turn the cart system off as you can use both simultaneously. Both links are provided in the admin area now as direct order links from products so you can choose which to use on a per product basis if you wish

If you don't use the default templates then you'll need to update your homepage.tpl file to link to cart.php if that's what you want to link to as the default.

Matt

Ah, makes perfect sense. Awesome work.

Great update. I noticed with mine though, that I can't get rid of the 'register domain' or 'transfer domain' options at the first 'order' screen. I've disabled almost every domain registration option, but they still appear.

Also noticed the 3 default order form layouts...I couldn't change between them.

The issues might be just on my end...but I thought I'd check.

Thanks.