grandechefe

Hosting Password

The Passwords generated by whmcs to create a hosting account are too weak. With the new safety rules of cpanel, passwords must have a high difficulty. How can we change the generator of passwords?

For example whmcs generates passwords of type **Frth2sx**, without any type of sepcial character

I have this information:

Sorry, the password you selected cannot be used because it is too weak and would be too easy to guess. Please select a password with strength rating of 100 or higher.

Can you say some more about the "new safety rules of cPanel"? I've checked the release notes for 68-62 and don't see anything new there. 

Just Try it please.
Put the passwords strenght at 100% and the passwords that WHMCS create doesn't WORK and the account on cpanel is not created!!

Before CPANEL 11.68, with strengh at 100% WHMCS created without problems the accounts.

Does this answer your question?

Hi,

We will investigate possibilities for a programmatic solution which can generate stronger passwords where necessary, without causing problems for other systems which might not accept these kinds of passwords.

In the meantime, reducing the required password strength setting in your WHM settings will workaround the issue.

• Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By ModulesGarden
      ModulesGarden already feels the unrestrained thrill of Halloween, giving a special treat to everyone! You will be enchanted to discover how little stands between you and our breathtaking bargain featuring 75% and 25% discounts. Take part in our Spooktacular Contest and your tenacity will be handsomely rewarded!

cPanel Dispatcher ushers in the future of custom software development! This standalone, tailor-made system built for XXL Webhosting to facilitate their reselling business is a grand project completed by ModulesGarden with the help of an ultramodern platform - Antares Project. Delve into the brainstorming discussion held with XXL Webhosting Founder, Sander Cruiming, to see with your own eyes how spectacular the results of this groundbreaking venture turned out to be!

We have just sparked off a new Client Area Designer For WHMCS era with its 1.1.0 version! If you put the satisfaction of your customers first, just like us, a pretty bundle of the new additions will surely prove a useful tool for giving them the best treatment they deserve.

These are the features ready to aid you in fully customizing your client area:
      Benefit greatly from WHMCS 7.3 compatibility. Take advantage of Smarty template engine to modify the body and footer content of sidebar components and widgets. Enhance your client area with fully adjustable slideshows of images or HTML bodies. Lay down even more detailed conditions of displaying particular features than before! Satisfy the innermost desires of your customers with Client Area Designer For WHMCS!

Learn All About Client Area Designer For WHMCS!

31st October is already upon us which means our Fall Promotion for custom software development services is nearly at its closure. If you have not submitted your project request yet, it is strongly advised that you comply with all formalities by the end of the month. You surely wouldn’t like to see the phenomenal 50% discount slip down the drain, would you?

Need Custom Software Development For Your Business?
      Get Your Free Quote Now! Specially for you we will adapt an application and its design to your own needs, create a new module or even a completely new system built from scratch!
    • By Allegheny
      Hi,

I just received a support ticket through my WHMCS installation which was a BASE64 type of attack or attempted attack.

It came from this IP address 182.178.20.153 located in Pakistan which I have totally blocked through CSF, but after receiving email message.

I have decoded the Base64 and below is the resulting code.

I am running the latest version of WHMCS 5.2.5 on Centos 6.4 with WHM 11.38.1 and I had followed the instructions for securing WHMCS when doing the install by moving certain files out of the public directory, changing admin folder, etc.

Is this a new attack that might compromise my WHMCS installation or data? or is version 5.2.5 already capable of blocking this attempt (I hope)?

Here's the code:

- Removed -
    • By ModulesGarden
      ModulesGarden cPanel Manage2 For WHMCS 1.2 is much more stable and comprehensive. We spent a lot of time to improve the module and the desired effect was achieved.

Changelog:

Fixed problem where you could manage only the first license for a given IP address. From now module allows you to successfully manage licenses with the same IP address.
      Fixed problem where IP change action updated an IP address on the cPanel server only and didn't update the IP address on the WHMCS custom field.

On this occasion we reduced cPanel Manage2 For WHMCS price from $49.95 to $39.95!

Promotion lasts 7 days and ends at 28.08.2013

For more information about module cPanel Manage2 For WHMCS, visit our website:
      http://www.modulesgarden.com/products/whmcs/cpanel_manage2/features
    • By hollymann
      Recently, I've spotted a bug on our WHMCS system (version. 5.2.7), that cannot properly allocate the server requests to place a shared hosting service.

There're 2 server groups (cPanel US, cPanel EU) with corresponding cPanel machines. The service/product was (and still remains, as it used to work properly before upgrade to 5.2.7) under cPanel EU Server Group (in Modules Settings tab of cPanel module configs).

When the client goes to the order form and chooses cPanel EU location - everything works fine, but when the user chooses cPanel US location, i can see that the tblhosting record created uses US keys as it should be, but the service will be still allocated on the EU servers.

Initial setup:

(tblproductconfigoptions)

+----+-----+-------------------------+------------+------------+------------+-------+--------+ | id | gid | optionname | optiontype | qtyminimum | qtymaximum | order | hidden | +----+-----+-------------------------+------------+------------+------------+-------+--------+ | 5 | 1 | Shared Hosting Location | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | +----+-----+-------------------------+------------+------------+------------+-------+--------+

(Config Options setup for multiple locations, where 2 and 6 correspond to Server Groups)

select * from tblproductconfigoptionssub; +----+----------+----------------------------------------+-----------+--------+ | id | configid | optionname | sortorder | hidden | +----+----------+----------------------------------------+-----------+--------+ | 16 | 5 | 6| USA, Dallas | 0 | 0 | | 15 | 5 | 2| Europe, Netherlands | 0 | 0 | +----+----------+----------------------------------------+-----------+--------+

(End result of ordering a service in EU)

select * From tblhostingconfigoptions where relid = xxx; +------+-------+----------+----------+-----+ | id | relid | configid | optionid | qty | +------+-------+----------+----------+-----+ | 1761 | xxx | 5 | 15 | 0 | +------+-------+----------+----------+-----+

The problem is that no matter which group was chosen by the user (16 or 15), WHMCS will choose server without taking in account tblhostingconfigoptions fields. If I change Server Group from EU, to US - it will start using only US cPanels, which is again not what we need.

Did anyone have same issues with multiple cpanel locations?
    • By epretorious
      There seems to be a lack of detailed intel regarding the recent SQL injection attack affecting WHMCS 5.1 (prior to 5.2. & 5.2 (prior to 5.1.10). e.g., The post "October 3rd 2013 Security Patch Follow Up" poses the question " How do I know if I was affected?" but then completely fails to answer the question with any authority:

So the question remains unanswered (i.e., "How do I know if I was affected?") as does the $64M question: "What should I do if I believe that I believe that my system has been compromised?"

Thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions? Let's get some actionable, measurable ideas going here instead of the usual hyperbole, hand-wringing, and speculation that we're all used to on other forums. e.g.,

How do I know if my system was compromised?
      What leverage will the attacker have gained if my system was compromised?
      What should I do if my system was compromised?