seandnz

Licensing Addon for Wordpress

Hi Everyone, we build WordPress sites for clients and I know we can't license WordPress or any templates we use.  We do a lot of work to build these sites and want to be able to license these sites until they have been paid for.  The problem is that once the site is live, clients can just copy the site put it with another host and we're out of pocket.  We're happy to buy the WHMCS Licensing addon but PHP is not our thing so we wanted to see is a developer could create something for use where the site cannot be used unless the license has been paid, I'm not sure whether this would be a plugin, or encrypted php file etc but we would be keen to hear from any developers who would be interested in coding a solution, thanks.

@seandnz - Did you find a solution to this? I build wordpress websites and some clients pay monthly for them. Ideally I want a way of making sure the site is only usable with a license until their repayment plan has finished. Thanks.

You can contact me also if you like I did one 3 days ago 

Hi Andy,

I did not manage to find a solution but I will certainly contact WHMCS Services, thanks for bumping the post.

SEAN.

Hi Sean! If you are still open to contacting other software houses, our team would be thrilled to help you out and create the bespoke solution you need. Feel cordially invited to further discuss your project with us via this request form.

The excellent promotion for our custom software development services is still available for you to take full advantage of!

Hello Sean,

If you still have not found a suitable solution then maybe we could help you. Although instead of basic WHMCS licensing I suggest using something a bit better. We have built our own licensing system based on that system which is much more efficient so if you are interested we could modify it to your needs and implement this system for you. Feel free to contact me here if you want to discuss this further. I can promise good price and fast turnaround for your project :)

On 2/07/2018 at 2:10 AM, wsa said:

You can contact me also if you like I did one 3 days ago 

@wsa would love to chat to you about how you can help with this. I already use a number of your plugins and love them so I’m all ears. 

On 11/8/2017 at 2:58 PM, seandnz said:

Hi Everyone, we build WordPress sites for clients and I know we can't license WordPress or any templates we use.  We do a lot of work to build these sites and want to be able to license these sites until they have been paid for.  The problem is that once the site is live, clients can just copy the site put it with another host and we're out of pocket.  We're happy to buy the WHMCS Licensing addon but PHP is not our thing so we wanted to see is a developer could create something for use where the site cannot be used unless the license has been paid, I'm not sure whether this would be a plugin, or encrypted php file etc but we would be keen to hear from any developers who would be interested in coding a solution, thanks.

I got you, what are you are looking to build a unique web applications that really cant work without licensing. 

We have developed many solutions. If you have not find anything to it, lets discuss out. 

You can use IonCube, and you can definitely use the whmcs licensing system. You could have two or three tiers. You could even set a trial ( which would make a third tier). You could do monthly, then owned. Move them to monthly after paid completely. If they miss an invoice, you'd want to set the licensing script after calling home to not load the site by saying the license is suspended. Once they pay, the license then returns back to an active status. Let me know. i can help you with this, and help guide you with encoding if need be.

@Andy Thomas Hey thanks Andy, I looked into that but not quite what we want, but still looks like a good product. @mfoland thanks also for responding, we've looked into an ionCube solution but the dev was quite confusing and impatient so we didn't take it further.  We are interested as long is it does not cost a fortune, we would be interested in a custom solution, what do you need to know from us, or is the original post enough to go on? thanks.

SEAN.

@mfoland I would also like to discuss further with you as I have almost the same requirements as Sean..

@seandnz perhaps we can get in touch and pool resources to get a working solution? 

‘Thanks to all for your input and suggestions 

On 8/10/2018 at 10:05 AM, Andy Thomas said:

@seandnz - came across this which could work...? https://codecanyon.net/item/wordpress-licensing-system-basic/3720528

The WHMCS Addon is more secure! I can help you! 

@mfoland Thanks for that, I have seen this and have been in touch with the developer but it won't work as I need it to. Thanks for keeping an eye out though, as soon as I do have a solution I will post back here.

Thanks for the heads up, the preference would be to use WHMCS licensing module or a WHMCS Plugin but that's about it, thanks.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By ModulesGarden
      1. With technological advancements continually pushing forward, organizations need to stay alert and be able to not only overcome any difficulties springing up on their way, but also identify and take new business opportunities. Keeping in mind that more and more entrepreneurs are looking for software provider with whom they would be able to establish a long-term technology partnership, we have extended our offer with a brand-new service – Developer Outsourcing! Have an urgent project to complete? Trying to get rid of a messy bug from your system? Or maybe seeking a viable way to quickly boost the efficiency of your infrastructure? Whatever the problem or scale of the task that needs to be taken care of is, our developers will come to rescue and work on the solution in a timely fashion. If you are dying to learn all about our new service aimed at catering to deepest needs of a modern enterprise, stop by the ModulesGarden official Blog for an article dedicated to this very topic.
      Entrust the future of your company into our hands!

2. The 15th anniversary of WordPress which put millions of people all around the globe in a celebratory state only recently gave us a powerful impetus to stretch our wings a bit further too. Did it pay off? Have a careful look at the just rolled out 1.1.0 version of our feisty WordPress Manager For WHMCS module and be the judge of that! 
      To make sure no crucial detail slips your attention, let us focus on the most commendable refinements. Apart from the fully-fledged compatibility with DirectAdmin & DirectAdmin Extended submodules, your clients are now given the chance to install WordPress instances from whatever custom script they want. But there is even more of these fine additions your audience is now privileged to employ! One of them is power to perform quick actions of creating, viewing, editing and deleting selected config records directly form the WP config file. The other – ability for your customers to enjoy the fully automated upgrade of their installation, plugins, and themes to the latest available version.
      Perfect the craft of handling WordPress instances with WordPress Manager For WHMCS 1.1.0 and do not let anyone beat you to it! 

Learn All About WordPress Manager For WHMCS 1.1.0!

3. There is no bad timing when it comes to tapping into the WordPress potential. Some occasions are simply more perfect that others – like our one-time-only special promotion! Visit ModulesGarden website asap, add our unbeatable WordPress Manager For WHMCS to your shopping cart and watch as even 20% of your money slips right back to your wallet! 

Need Custom Software Development For Your Business?

Get Your Free Quote Now!

Specially for you we will adapt an application and its design to your own needs, create a new module or even a completely new system built from scratch!
    • By ModulesGarden
      1. We take immense pride from our two top-end modules aimed at fully automated provisioning of Proxmox virtual servers - Proxmox VPS For WHMCS and Proxmox Cloud For WHMCS. Today even more intensely than before as both products have just gone through a monumental update accommodating tons of new features and enhancements.  
      At the cornerstone of this collective 2.5.0 update you will find confirmed Proxmox VE 5.2 compatibility and the longed-for Cloud-Init support for the KVM virtualization type. Another essential addition is the possibility to configure mount points for LXC containers with the specification of such elements as Storage, ACLs, Disk Size, and a few more. What will also capture your attention is a new option allowing to limit the network speed of your client′s server to a predefined value after monthly bandwidth has been reached. Lastly, your customers will be relieved to see additional layers of security added to their virtual machines – automatic removal of SSH root key upon completed creation of a new VM and passphrase support for SSK keys. 
      Since this week's double release is as abundant as it is riveting, we sincerely recommend to continue uncovering the newly implemented attributes directly from the changelog area. 
      Learn more about and Proxmox VPS For WHMCS 2.5.0 and Proxmox Cloud For WHMCS 2.5.0!

2. While closely on the topic of time-effective and hassle-free server provisioning, let us propose you yet another module specifically assigned to this task - OpenStack VPS For WHMCS 1.6.0!
      At the forefront of several widespread transformations accompanying this hefty update you will notice the impeccable support for OpenStack Queens - the latest, 17th version of this well-know cloud infrastructure software as well as greater mobility in the sphere of server configuration. This includes the option to choose between various API versions and domains, and possibility to manually provide not only custom ports but also endpoint addresses. Another functionality your clients will certainly appreciate is the power to freely create, view, and remove their firewall rules from the level of your client area.
      We could enumerate at least a few more faculties this new superb update brings to the table, but we firmly believe that nothing can compete with the thrill of first-hand experience.
      Go for the future-proof OpenStack VPS For WHMCS 1.6.0 tool and drive success right into your doorstep!
      Learn more about OpenStack VPS For WHMCS 1.6.0! 

3. When was the last time you ended your text message with a full stop instead of a smiley face or some other emoji? We bet you cannot even remember! Which is not surprising at all given that emojis are expressive enough to replace entire words, let alone punctuation marks. In fact, emojis have become widespread to the extent where it is commonplace for even customer support agents to respond in digital conversations with a symbol or two included. Are you curious to know what is the underlying reason for the ever-growing popularity of these adorable icons in the business settings? How about learning which borders you and your employees should never cross while interacting with your audience via this modern sign language? 
      Visit our newest Blog to explore all ins and outs of the emoji world! 

4. It was exactly 15 years ago that the very first version of WordPress - an unrivaled CMS which today powers the total of 30% websites on the Internet - was launched. Join us at a celebration feast thrown on this very occasion and snap up the exuberant 20% promo code on our WordPress For WHMCS module!  

5. See what′s on the list of the latest releases:

Advanced Billing For WHMCS - v3.3.3 Time & Task Manager For WHMCS - v1.4.3 CRM For WHMCS - 2.4.6 Multibrand For WHMCS - 2.1.3 Emoji Picker For WHMCS - 1.0.1 cPanel Manage2 For WHMCS - 1.3.0 Unban Center For WHMCS – 2.0.3

Get Your Free Quote Now!

Specially for you we will adapt an application and its design to your own needs, create a new module or even a completely new system built from scratch!
    • By startover909
      I'm currently in the process of setting up WHMCS (7.5.1) along with a main site on a pretty much empty dedicated server (decent E3 with SSD). The site does not run "slow" by any means. It loads in about 650ms to 800ms on Pingdom and GTMetrix tests. What I did find curious is that it is exactly and consistently around 200ms slower TTFB compared to the same sites on the same server, mostly running Wordpress. All running the same PHP and MySQL and over SSL (so all the overheads are accounted for). So while the other site would have a TTFB of say 250ms to a given test server (including SSL handshake), WHMCS would take about 450ms, pushing it just a bit over the most "ideal" ballpark. This can be also easily verified by using Chrome's developer tool - network tool.
      Is this 200ms due to the IonCube encoding, or is the speed of the application itself just what it is? Does this number seem right to you? If you have any other PHP/MySQL site especially Wordpress running along side WHMCS on the exact same server, and not utilizing CDN's such as cloudflare that can skew the results,  do you mind doing a test and see if your WHMCS is also consistently a bit slower TTFB (test during idle times)?
      Thanks.
    • By ModulesGarden
      1. On this sunny time of the year ModulesGarden team wishes every single person from all around the world a blessed Easter! Let your holiday sparkle with tranquility, gladness, and renewed strength to reach for the impossible!

2. Have you been fantasizing about adding a bit of spiciness and diversification into the everyday handling of provisioned cPanel accounts straight from the reassuring WHMCS environs?

We are thrilled to bits to inform you that the most monumental update in the history of all cPanel-related modules has just marched into our Marketplace! Ladies and gentlemen, presenting to you the newest, space-age cPanel Extended For WHMCS 3.2.0!

Feel the instant flow of freshness triggered by a smart code subjected to an out-and-out reorganization, and an excellent novel framework bringing out the best in our software! Intelligently arranged content, seamless navigation, and the subtle visual layer indulging your senses are merely a tip of the iceberg of all powerful attributes constituting the very core of this expertly redesigned tool.

If you are keen on looking deeper beneath the surface, you will immediately spot such elements as steadfast support for WHMCS V7.5, WordPress For WHMCS module, and two tinier features but of no less importance – optimized management of files and mailing lists from the client area.

Do not hesitate to consult the changelog for the rest of tasty tidbits!

Learn All About the Brilliant cPanel Extended For WHMCS 3.2.0!

3. MetricsCube is already warming up for its official debut. Are you? Get on board reserved for VIPs who as first will be given a privileged early access to this exquisitely shaped tool absolutely for free. Subscribe!

4. The very final chance to put a spring in your business step and forge our vibrant spring promotion into a long-term investment! From this moment on up until 3rd April inclusively we are cutting the price on the entire collection of our smartly shaped software. Each module and extension now -15%! Claim your unique promotional code and be sure to find out more about out extra little bonus!

Get Your Free Quote Now! Specially for you we will adapt an application and its design to your own needs, create a new module or even a completely new system built from scratch!
    • By ModulesGarden
      Not so long ago you gave us some food for thought regarding the potential integration of WordPress tools with the WHMCS system. Now we are circling back to you to let you know that your ever-so-helpful feedback has laid the foundations for the very module we proudly present you with today - WordPress Manager For WHMCS!
      While there is probably not a single person to whom the name 'WordPress' does not ring a bell nowadays, the full spectrum of possible applications of this most world-renown CMS system still remains one big mystery to so many. 

Did you know, for instance, that apart from being a tool of invaluable service to millions of bloggers all around the world, WordPress also hosts a large percentage of powerful websites? 
      If you are wondering how this WordPress – WHMCS integration works in practice and, tempted by its ultimate flexibility would like to give our module a shot with the time-limited, astounding 20% discount, stop by our Blog for all essential details!  
      https://www.blog.modulesgarden.com/wordpress-manager-for-whmcs