ody

Is there any way to avoid fake orders "I will use my existing domain" ?

As title mentioning,

1. Is there any way to avoid fake orders when clients use the option  "I will use my existing domain and update my nameservers" ?

When a client act with the "Transfer your domain from another registrar" system in almost most cases check if domain exist,

but when client use 3rd option "I will use my existing domain and update my nameservers" system accepts any fake domain and proceed to checkout.

2. Also is there any simple way to activate a hosting plan only for domains which clients hold-handle into their account?

22 minutes ago, ody said:

Is there any way to avoid fake orders when clients use the option  "I will use my existing domain and update my nameservers" ?

I don't see how - what's to say i'm not the President of Google trying to use google.com with one of your accounts... sure, you could probably write a hook to determine if google.com is registered/active, but not to check whether I have permission to use it for this purpose.

I don't understand the issue.

Anyone making (and paying) a fake order?

You cancel the order as "fraud" and keep the money... ;-)

I only ask if there is any similar way as like when a client choose in any hosting plan (I will)  "Transfer your domain from another registrar" and system checks if this domain exist,

to do same domain check when clients give the 3rd hosting option "I will use my existing domain and update my nameservers".

1 hour ago, ody said:

I only ask if there is any similar way as like when a client choose in any hosting plan (I will)  "Transfer your domain from another registrar" and system checks if this domain exist,

to do same domain check when clients give the 3rd hosting option "I will use my existing domain and update my nameservers".

not out of the box, but I daresay you could duplicate the transfer code from scripts.js for owndomain, minify it and re-save as scripts.min.js - though I imagine all that will do is stop users using unregistered domains and use "fake" (e.g not theirs) registered domains instead - so i'm unsure how much further that gets you in ensuring it isn't fake.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By m0b1us
      hi
      is there have modules to show deleted / expired domain like http://www.name.com ?

thanks
    • By minadreapta
      The domain additional fields are not editable anymore from WHMCS after upgrading to 5.0.7. It shows as editable, it says the modification has been saved but it doesn't save it.
      I had to modify it from phpmyadmin.

thanks
    • By ebmocwen
      Hello!

Now i'm fully upgraded to WHMCS 5.2.7 I was hoping to find the reporting facilities extended to cover Domain Name Registration, Sales and Renewals. Unless I am missing something, I cannot find any way to get any report at all in this area.

Does anyone have a method or custom module that I can use for this purpose? If anyone has developed an option I am willing to pay for your efforts!

Thank you in advance!
    • By dotnetrix
      Hi,

I have a custom page that lists upcoming renewals, called: expiring-soon.php

At the moment the page merely queries the db for upcoming renewal in 30 days and lists them.

I would like to put in a link so that a user can perform a "Quick Renew" of a single domain (instead of going to cart.php?gid=renewals and being shown every domain he has) and post the renewal directly to the shopping cart.

I had a look at http://docs.whmcs.com/Linking_to_WHMCS without success. It tried variations of something like

/cart.php?a=add&gid=renewals&sld=test&tld=.com

Any help would be appreciated
    • By zstergios
      WHMCS - Bulk Domain Updater

The "Bulk Domain Updater" addon solves the problem when you need to update the same nameservers to many domains!

We build an Intelligent AJAX Search and returns results when the keyword matches with domain name or when matches with client full name /company and returns ALL domains of this client!

The "Bulk Domain Updater" works with AJAX, so there is nothing special to do, just type keywords!

Features
      Domain Intelligent AJAX Search (Results based on domains names or based on Client's Fullname/ company name)
      Retrives the current Domain Namerserver's
      It detects if a hosting package is assigned to domain
      Mass AJAX Daomain Nameservers 1-4 Update
      Ability to change Server package to each hosting plan
      Add easy domains into the or remove them. No special abilities required.
      Domain Lock status switch from locked to unlocked and revert back the status after the Namerserver's Update

Ideal for
      Mass Domain nameservers Change
      Server Transfer (nameservers update+ Server package)
      Search and brief display per domain or client's domains

More at http://web-expert.gr/en/whmcs-addons/whmcs-bulk-domain-updater-nameservers