m107

Can not connect to SMTP after upgrade

Hi,
I have been using this SMTP for a quite long time but suddenly it stopped working after I upgraded to the latest version, 7.3 I suppose.

What I did:
1- Resting the SMTP password
2- Changing the SMTP server
3- Changing the port

None of above worked. So I re-uploaded the WHMCS files and disabled addons, not fixed. I followed the steps for SMTP troubleshooting, but did not help at all.
I also checked the firewall both at my website server and at the SMTP host, there is no problem with them.

I opened a ticket 8 hours ego and still no reply.

On 10/3/2017 at 10:36 PM, m107 said:

Hi,
I have been using this SMTP for a quite long time but suddenly it stopped working after I upgraded to the latest version, 7.3 I suppose.

What I did:
1- Resting the SMTP password
2- Changing the SMTP server
3- Changing the port

None of above worked. So I re-uploaded the WHMCS files and disabled addons, not fixed. I followed the steps for SMTP troubleshooting, but did not help at all.
I also checked the firewall both at my website server and at the SMTP host, there is no problem with them.

I opened a ticket 8 hours ego and still no reply.

Is this the troubleshooting guide you used?  Did you check your email piping cron as per that guide?

https://docs.whmcs.com/Email_Piping

Edited by mustardman

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Web Host Pro
      Hi,
      I just upgraded to 7.3.0 and have two issues I noticed right away.
      1. When I try to insert a FAQ into a support ticket. The pop up screen just redirects to the home page when I click on a category link.
      2. On my FAQ page there is double space for each category box on the right. You can see them to the right https://webhost.pro/knowledgebase.php They seems to be double the proper height.
    • By battles
      I just upgraded to 7.3 and the admin area is now blank.

Using template 6, in outside folder.
      Do I need to move something?
    • By wham
      Hello, I hope somebody can lend me a hand on this.

I was on 5.2.5 and tried to upgrade directly to 5.2.7 from there using the full package. Followed the instructions at http://docs.whmcs.com/Upgrading#Manually_Upgrading but no luck. I got a 403 (Forbidden) error when I went to /admin.

Yesterday I tried it incrementally and attempted 5.2.5 to 5.2.6. Made it - I'm now at 5.2.6.

So this morning I tried 5.2.6 to 5.2.7 -- but luck has deserted me. As before (5.2.5 to 5.2.7), I got a 403 (Forbidden) error when I went to /admin after the install.

And in case you wonder:

- Yes, the /install folder is definitely there, and so is the install file inside it.
      - I did not get any error message during the FTP process.
      - I got the 5.2.7 folder from the client area of my WHMCS account.

Any suggestions?

Corrected: 404 to 403 (Forbidden)
    • By jpkelly
      I am running 5.2.12. I want to upgrade. This is a major pain because of the customization I have done and the 5.2.13 upgrade seems to modify 90% of the WHMCS files. Now I see there is a 5.2.14 patch as well. Should I wait for the dust to settle and do the 5.2.15 upgrade? 5.2.16?
      This is frustrating!
    • By evotz
      Is there a guide for upgrading from WHMCS 5.1 (5.1.14) to WHMCS 5.2 (5.2.13)? I can't seem to find anything, am I missing it?

Or is the upgrade just a simple drop in? Unzip the 5.2 files over top the 5.1 files?