Hi Everyone,

The WHMCS Forums were launched over 12 years ago and in that time have seen a number of iterations and updates.

Today, we’re excited to announce that we're getting ready to introduce the next incarnation of the WHMCS Community and with it, a brand-new look and feel, along with a whole host of new features and functionality - starting with in-line post reactions & a new reputation structure as well as a new question & answer format for certain forum categories.

Preparations are already well underway to migrate from the current forums to our new Community powered by the Invision Community Suite. The current community is home to a wealth of knowledge and information and we’ll be migrating all existing threads and posts as well as user accounts and private messages to the new WHMCS Community to ensure that none of this is lost.

I’m personally very excited about the opportunities our new platform unlocks. Over the coming months, we’ll be rolling out a range of new features and functionality in our community, taking inspiration from the responses we received earlier in the year about how we can improve your experience.

Stay tuned for updates in the coming weeks as we move nearer to the switch over, in the meantime, here’s a sneak preview of what’s to come.

2017-08-08_13-58-03.jpeg

The team and I are excited to bring our new community to you in September, and I will be posting more information on the changes in future posts.

Thanks for the heads up, Chris, and may I say "at least it's not Xenforo". ;)

Thanks for the heads up, Chris, and may I say "at least it's not Xenforo". ;)

XenForo was considered for a while, I tested a number of solutions but like what IP offers :)

XenForo was considered for a while, I tested a number of solutions but like what IP offers :)

Thanks for taking great care re the selection!

There are so many features with IPB. And half the nerds here have used it for gaming anyways :P

This is the test URL

Removed by community manager, this Test URL is not for use or Publication

Edited by WHMCS ChrisD

Removed by community manager, personal attacks are NOT acceptable.

It's true...the new forum screenshot looks impressive!

Edited by WHMCS ChrisD
Removed by Community Manager - Personal Attacks are not acceptable

Good decision. In the past, I would have gone with XenForo. But if you actually read my previous topic about Invision, I'm impressed how good it is today. The user experience is just wonderful (from using it on other sites forums) and if I had to choose a forum software today, it would be Invision for sure.

Here is the post in question from May:

https://forums.whmcs.com/showthread.php?129207-Impressed-with-InvisionPower

I'm very happy to see WHMCS is going this route. It will certainly make me post more as well :)

Edited by yggdrasil

This is the test URL:

The test URL IS NOT for use or publication no one should be able to login to the new community unless l have added them

Good decision. In the past, I would have gone with XenForo. But if you actually read my previous topic about Invision, I'm impressed how good it is today. The user experience is just wonderful (from using it on other sites forums) and if I had to choose a forum software today, it would be Invision for sure.

Here is the post in question from May:

https://forums.whmcs.com/showthread.php?129207-Impressed-with-InvisionPower

I'm very happy to see WHMCS is going this route. It will certainly make me post more as well :)

Xenforo was considered, but it doesnt do everything we need for the next stage of the community, iPC provides a better platform to work from

On 9/29/2017 at 4:12 AM, WHMCS ChrisD said:

Xenforo was considered, but it doesnt do everything we need for the next stage of the community, iPC provides a better platform to work from

Kudos!

Good job with the migration and forum/community software choice.

Thx :)

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Similar Content

• By WHMCS ChrisD
      Hi Everyone,
      Providing threads with little information about the issue you are experiencing makes it harder for not just WHMCS Staff to help you but other WHMCS.Community members as well.  When you don't provide a detailed overview you may end up with either a lot of questions being asked of you to determine the root cause and gather more information or no answer to your question at all.  This can be frustrating and lead to you having a negative experience on the Community.
      The purpose of this thread is to help other WHMCS.Community Members help you quickly and effectively. 
      1. Do a quick search
      WHMCS.Community has a wealth of information that has been gathered in the last few years that means there might already be an answer to your question. Before posting, take a moment to do a quick search in the top right-hand corner of the community.

Other than search WHMCS has some other great resources to these include our Documentation , Guides & Tutorials & our Developer Documentation to name a few.
      2. Thread Title - Make it relevant
      The thread title is the first thing people see when browsing the community, this is your chance to provide a quick snapshot of the issue, so a subject matter expert can jump in and help you
      Thread titles like the below are more useful:
      Broken payment gateway page after installing 3rd party module. How do I set my configuration.php file to read-only clientarea.php returns error 500 Setup > Products > Domain Registrars broken with PHP 7 Than thread titles like these:
      Payment Gateway Broken Permissions to Read Only Error 500 Domain Registrars broke 3. Make use of tags - Include your version

Hot Tip: Put the WHMCS version number you are using as a tag e.g 7.3.1 
      Tags are just as important as the title these are used as filters and are another way to quickly and easily determine what the thread is about. 
      Tags like Domain Registrars, eNom, OpenSRS, Payment Gateways, eWAY, PayPal, Stripe, Client Area, Invoices are all useful tags remember to separate your tags with commas.
      Putting useful tags is one way you can help people understand what you need help with and for people who know that functionality to help you quickly
      If you'd like to learn more about tags check out 

4. Detail & Reproduction Steps
      Detail is of paramount importance, the more detail you provide the better include information such as: The error messages you are receiving on screen, in module logs, or server logs, remember to say which log it's in Note: For users with admin panel access enable display errors under Setup > General Settings > Other > Display Errors,  If you cant access your admin area add the following line to the end of your configuration.php file
      $display_errors = true; Provide detailed reproduction steps The action you where taking The screen  you where on The error/output you received The output server/module/gateway logs showing What module/server/gateway you are using What you expected to happen What actually happened What you have done to try and resolve the issue Tell us about your environment - everyone has a slightly different setup, remember to include things such as  Your WHMCS Version number Your PHP version & IonCube Loader Your PHP Memory & Timeout Limits (when relevant) Are you running Linux, Windows, Mac? What Distro If your issue is with a template or a template display issue Try the default Six theme To do this, use an URL such as http://www.yourdomain.com/whmcs/?systpl=six Try the default Standard_Cart  theme To do this, use an URL such as http://www.yourdomain.com/whmcs/?carttpl=Standard_Cart Anything else that you think is relevant 5. Use the CODE box when pasting code or log outputs
      When pasting any code into a thread remember to click the code icon box first it's in your editor toolbar at the top of the thread.  We recommend using the code box when pasting logs as well.

6. Remove personal information
      This might sound obvious but you'd be surprised how often people forget!  Please remember to remove/hide/blur any personally identifiable information such as Usernames, Emails, Passwords & IPs from text logs & images.  Posting this information on the community is a security risk.  If you forget to do it or you come across any personal information please use the Report Post button in the top right to alert our moderation team to it.
      7. Seeking support elsewhere?
      Have you already opened a ticket?  Remember to include your Ticket ID this will allow our WHMCS.Community Staff to check your ticket and let the support team know that you've got a thread on the community as well.
      8. Problem solved?  Tell us how
      Remember, when your problem is solved please take the time to let us know in the thread, provide details on how it was solved and anything relevant this will help future community users experiencing a similar issue get the answer quickly!
      That's it!
      Thanks for reading! That's all we have for now we hope this helps you get the most out of the Troubleshooting Issues board Have I missed something out?  Ideas for how to make threads even more useful? Let me know in the Feedback Thread linked below!

• By 007basaran
      Hello,
      # All PHP Requests remove extension .php .htaccess code :
       RewriteCond %{THE_REQUEST} ^GET\s.+\.php [NC]
       RewriteRule ^(.+)\.php$ /$1 [NE,R=301,L,NC]
       RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
       RewriteCond %{DOCUMENT_ROOT}/$1.php -f
       RewriteRule ^(.*?)/?$ $1.php [L]

# Whmcs Standart Rewrite Settings .htaccess code : 

### BEGIN - WHMCS managed rules - DO NOT EDIT BETWEEN WHMCS MARKERS ###
      <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
      RewriteEngine on
      # RewriteBase is set to "/" so rules do not need updating if the
      # installation directory is relocated.  It is imperative that
      # there is also a RewriteCond rule later that can effectively get
      # the actual value by comparison against the request URI.

# If there are _any_ other RewriteBase directives in this file,
      # the last entry will take precedence!
      RewriteBase /
      # Redirect directories to an address with slash
      RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
      RewriteRule ^(.+[^/])$  $1/ [R]
      # Send all remaining (routable paths) through index.php
      RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
      RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
      # Determine and use the actual base
      RewriteCond $0#%{REQUEST_URI} ([^#]*)#(.*)\1$
      RewriteRule ^.*$ %2index-system.php [QSA,L]
      </IfModule>
      ### END - WHMCS managed rules - DO NOT EDIT BETWEEN WHMCS MARKERS ###

Whmcs index.php |  Redirecting to = index 

Example :     whmcs.com/index.php to whmcs.com/index

Page not found error index php redirecting.

How to block index.php redirection ?

Can we disable index.php redirection without breaking the above code?

Regards, Thanks.
    • By EZEHOST
      Hi all, 
      I am having issues with communication between WHMCS and WHM. The "Pending Module Actions" was showing an item that was waiting to be suspended, but failed "due to an unknown reason". I activated the module log, and tried suspending again, and it stated: 
      {"cpanelresult":{"apiversion":"2","error":"Access denied","data":{"reason":"Access denied","result":"0"},"type":"text"}}  
      I checked the server settings, and tried testing the connection, and I am getting the error shown in the image I have attached. 

(The password is correct, and the API key is correct)
    • By bagfuloz
      Hello everyone, Hope you guys doing good. 
      I came up with something new  or maybe old  .  I want to implement whmcs lang from English to Hindi. for my indian customers.  So i will convert each and every English Words to hindi words.  Already 50% done.  but please anyone tell me how to Add a extension ex- Hindi in header dropdown menu and target it to my Hindi lang File. 
      Check the screenshot for more info,

So i have added a Hindi.php file in Lang directory but in dropdown its showing English 2 times.
      Sorry for my Bad English.  Here is all. 
      Thanks
      Bagful International

• By WHMCS ChrisD
      Kia ora & welcome to the first WHMCS.Community Update on our new Community Platform!
      It's been a little while since we've done a community wrap-up however I'll be getting back into the swing of doing these in the first week of every month. If you have any questions about the wrap-up please let me know in the comments below.
      Thanks to our new platform the wrap-up gets a new look this month too!
      September 2017 Statistics
      164 new members joined the WHMCS Forums 202 new topics were created on the WHMCS Forums 925 posts were crafted by our forum members 1  community migration was completed WHMCS.Community Launches
      Saturday saw the launch of WHMCS.Community.  We're excited to introduce our new community experience to you. This is just the start of a number of changes and improvements we have planned to grow and develop the community.  Take a look at the Get to know the new WHMCS.Community for tips and tricks on using the all-new WHMCS.Community.
      For those of you with https://forums.whmcs.com/ links don't panic! We're automatically redirecting you to the right thread on WHMCS.Community.
      This wrap-up will also be the last to refer to the WHMCS Forums. Future wrap-ups will use WHMCS.Community - the new name for our community site.
      September's Top Picks
      Top picks get a new look this month, now you can see an overview and click to go straight to the thread 

September Community User Showcase

Bonus Content!
      A few bouns content items this month!
      That's all folks!
      We'll see you in the October Wrap-up! As always if you have any feedback let us know.