Updated Project Managment Module - Important Removed Features - Please fix

Hi @menkom 

Some good points there.  I assume you are using the latest version 7.3?

Your points are correct - I have the same issues.... and more - I added yours in!  Let's get this list sorted so WHMCS can add to the next development :-)

After installing latest version - 7.3  here are the current issues;

1) BUG - Need to be able to re-arrange the tasks - as you were able to in version 1.

2) BUG - Still can't start / stop a task timer from within the Tasks listing page..... surely be simply to add a "Start/Stop" button - as we had in version 1?  I don't want to have to go to a ticket each time to start a task, or to use the time tracking page which is is so cumbersome!

3) BUG - Still no way to edit the Project Start Date without going to the database!  Nuts If I want to backdate a project start date to the beginning of the month - no can do.

4) BUG - Still no way to "select all" when wanting to generate an invoice from completed timed tasks. So, if you have 30 tasks, you have to add each one = time consuming.

5) BUG - TAX does not get added to the generated invoice - no way to add it (even after invoice generation)

6) BUG - There is nowhere to add "private staff notes" as there was in version 1

7) BUG - Can't add notes for a task straight away,  need to save the task first = time consuming 

8 )  Feature Request - Need to be able to control notifications better, i noticed that every single change sends a notification email ? (and also what email goes to the customer exactly - it could be made clearer.)

9) Feature Request  Why cant i categorise tasks better, eg... DEVELOPMENT as a main task heading then under that is the sets of tasks for this task group, right now it just looks like a long list of tasks that i cant categorise nor can i sort.

I'm still evaluating the other changes so will come back and update this thread when I've had a chance to find more issues ;-)

However, I would like to thank the WHMCS team for at least working on the PM module and even though it's not perfect, I could certainly live with changes that only take one release cycle "-=)

Another bug

10) BUG - Log entries for timers are not displaying in correct date sort order - for example, 18/10/2017 does not sort to the top when you click on Date column.  Instead it only seems to sort the first two digits.... (e.g. the day of the month, not the month or year).