DMN31

Configurable Option Copying Possible

Hi everyone -

I wanted to see if there's any solutions for this since we've been doing it for a few years and it's getting extremely time intensive...

Currently we have about 150 products, each with their owns configurable option. Reason each needs its own is because each server we sell as different configurations, some have different available config options than others as well. BUT, some are always the same on each, for example "Operating System", "Bandwidth" and a few others will always have the same options on every product.

Is there any way to copy/duplicate set configs within a configurable option (so not the entire option itself, but one of them within)?

Thank you

Is there any way to copy/duplicate set configs within a configurable option (so not the entire option itself, but one of them within)?

I wouldn't think there are any practical ways that would be faster/safer than entering them manually.

I wouldn't think there are any practical ways that would be faster/safer than entering them manually.

Thinking is good, doing is better... If it is possible by products (cloning) why it is NOT possible with configurable options??? We have e.g. in cofigurable options:

10x hard Drives (HDD1, HDD2, ...)

Within each HDD 12 HDD types with different prices

So we have to type manually 120 time the same things in sume. Stupid...

Thinking is good, doing is better... If it is possible by products (cloning) why it is NOT possible with configurable options???

because products are basically stored in one database table, but configurable options are spread over a number of linked tables... theoretically, you could duplicate them, I just don't think it would be practical (e.g it would still be quicker to enter them manually).

So we have to type manually 120 time the same things in same. Stupid...

if you want something to do, you can always vote for the relevant feature request...

https://requests.whmcs.com/topic/configurable-options-duplicate-copy

it's 4 years old, only has 8 votes... but to paraphrase what someone once said - pointless moaning is good, doing is far better. :)

theoretically, you could duplicate them, I just don't think it would be practical

Why not? Please explain.

Thanks

Why not? Please explain.

because I think it would potentially take longer than just typing them (and i'm thinking specifically of duplicating them in the database) - I assume the whole point of this is to save time ?!?

i'm not saying that WHMCS, or a 3PD, couldn't code a form/page to duplicate a config option - obviously they can... just that AFAIK one doesn't currently exist and it's unlikely WHMCS are going to code it in the short/medium term (no matter how many threads you post in encouraging people to vote for the feature request!).

my usual message to situations like this is that if you want/need the feature NOW, pay a developer to write it for you... if you are prepared to wait (months or years), then submit/vote for a feature request - that's not how things should be, but it's how they are.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By wulfric
      How do I hide Configurable options on invoice?
      This 4 year old under consideration isn't true is it?
      https://requests.whmcs.com/topic/configurable-options-on-invoices
    • By jljubich
      I have noted in WHMCS 5.2.10 (and now in 5.2.12) that Configurable Options were unable to add or edit items when there are about 7 in a list. I mean that items can be added or edited in new lists; but, when reaching a determined number of items, they are not able to be added or edited anymore. Did you also note this issue as well?
    • By Webdomain.com
      Actually the Configurable options quantity slider only allows to have a quantity to start from but not to bill from.
      For example, if you configure a Disk Space to start from 5GB and bill each GB 1 Euro, the customer will be invoiced 5 Euros per default.
      What if I wanted to offer the first 5GB?
      Will I will need to configure a coupon code, a bundle or use the dropdown list?
      Which is really not a good commercial ergonomic.

Actually, I already opened a feature request but seeing how long we already asked for Multilingual products titles and descriptions I am not that optimist to see this implemented anytime soon.
    • By J666GAK
      Hello I have recently installed the NHP2014 Theme

It may be coincidence, but not I am unable to login to my admin account. I am prompted for my credentials which I enter, and am then presented with a blank page at URL ../admin/dologin.php

I don't know what to try?

Please help if you can
    • By Stephenitsg
      Since WHM wont add it as a feature, here is the code to do it yourself...

Code uses a couple Regex searches to remove the offending lines and leave your invoices squeaky clean.

viewinvoice.tpl
      (Replace the Foreach loop)

{foreach key=num item=invoiceitem from=$invoiceitems} {php} $text = preg_replace("/\:\s0\sx\s/","+",$this->_tpl_vars['invoiceitem']['description']); $text = preg_replace("/.*\+/","+",$text); $text = preg_replace("/\+.*/","",$text); $this->_tpl_vars['invoiceitem']['description'] = $text; {/php} <tr bgcolor=#ffffff><td id="invoiceitemsrow" style="border:1px solid #cccccc;border-bottom:0px;">{$invoiceitem.description}{if $invoiceitem.taxed eq "true"} *{/if}</td><td align="center" id="invoiceitemsrow" style="border:1px solid #cccccc;border-bottom:0px;border-left:0px;">{$invoiceitem.amount}</td></tr> {/foreach}

invoicePDF.tpl
      (Replace the Foreach loop)

foreach ($invoiceitems AS $item) { //These 3 lines remove 0 Quantity items, and the 4th line set the new string to the running variable $text = preg_replace("/\:\s0\sx\s/","+",$item['description']); $text = preg_replace("/.*\+/","+",$text); $text = preg_replace("/\+.*(\n?)/","",$text); $item['description'] = $text; $rowcount = $pdf->getNumLines($item['description'], 140); $pdf->MultiCell(140,$rowcount * 5,$item['description'],1,'L',0,0); $pdf->MultiCell(40,$rowcount * 5,$item['amount'],1,'C',0,0); $pdf->Ln(); }

Removes 0 quantity configurable addon lines from invoices so your customers don't think they are being billed for stuff they didn't sign up for.

Enjoy,
      -Stephen