WHMCS ChrisD

How can we make the community better in 2017?

Also finding these forums a great resource again now that Infopro is not passively (and not so passively) being a *@#$ to users here.

You're not being very nice, are you?

You're not being very nice, are you?

I've read your posts for over 5 years on different forums. there are times I've read you as coming off as a bit acerbic at times. Nothing personal, we're all guilty of it.

One thing I always have to remind myself is when I am reading someone's posts that I am injecting my emotions into what is being written based on my experiences, then I check the stylus and phrasing of the sentence. I check my assumptions on if I am right or wrong about the tone of what is being written. So I always ask myself before I reply am I projecting my feelings into this post based on what I read.

Sometimes I have time to rewrite and edit, sometimes I don't, and sometimes I just don't care. :P

Thank you everyone for the feedback that you have provided, I'll use this feedback to shape our community moving forward

I've read your posts for over 5 years on different forums. there are times I've read you as coming off as a bit acerbic at times. Nothing personal, we're all guilty of it.

One thing I always have to remind myself is when I am reading someone's posts that I am injecting my emotions into what is being written based on my experiences, then I check the stylus and phrasing of the sentence. I check my assumptions on if I am right or wrong about the tone of what is being written. So I always ask myself before I reply am I projecting my feelings into this post based on what I read.

Sometimes I have time to rewrite and edit, sometimes I don't, and sometimes I just don't care. :P

It happens, but sometimes it’s not intentional. Some people attacked me before in other forums because they somehow think I’m angry or attacking someone with a comment. I don’t, it’s just that people read and they can’t possible know if you are being ironic, joking, being serious or harsh with someone. Some people may take something on the negative side if they feel sensitive that day. But I learned that using emoticons can help to avoid this exponentially. Even with customers, I noticed that if I write something harsh, I had in the past real furious people (never tell someone the truth directly), as they can’t hear your voice tone like on the phone they don't know if its friendly or not, so text or emails can be completely misinterpreted. But if you finish the harsh part with a positive goodbye like please contact me and I will be extremely happy to assist you (even if you said something harsh before) they will note that it’s not personal and you are just doing your job.

Emoticons or smiles help here as well. If you say something that could be taken badly, just put a smile behind and I think most people will not read that as aggressive. Some of us feel comfortable behind a keyboard and sometimes we could say things we regret later. Nobody is perfect and we all can have a bad day but if someone is frustrated or angry, it’s better not to post at all. Or sometimes it is because they can vent the frustration somehow, as long as someone is polite its ok even if you completely dislike what he said.

Same with forum moderators. People will get extremely pissed if you ban or penalize them. You can actually end up making someone so angry that he cancels the products and services because he somehow feels punished. Now you lost a customer because of the dumbest thing forum post. So it’s always better for community forums to warn first before taking those actions as well. In most cases people, will rectify first.

Now I agree with you, Infopro is a bad apple.

NO !!! I was just joking. I don’t even know him or interacted with him before :)