Invoice generated when adding funds

Gazza

Yes thanks, but i first want to know if there are people who are willing to share the costs of developping.

The thing to do is find out how much it will cost to develop and then make sure you have the right to sell it on and then once developed sell it to others as an addon

The thing to do is find out how much it will cost to develop and then make sure you have the right to sell it on and then once developed sell it to others as an addon

I suspect he'd prefer to get an interested group of users together and split the development costs between them, rather than pay for the development himself and then try to resell it on.

i'm tempted to suggest that it might be worth replying to one of the above feature requests, probably the 4 year old one as that has more votes, and posting a link back to this thread... you might not get many responses from this thread as most users won't come across it, but those subscribed to the above request, should get notification of your post... I would guess a few of those posters won't be using WHMCS any more, but you might get some interest from others in an addon being developed.

it's not for me to say, but I wouldn't expect that to be against the rules - it's not advertising or self promotion as the addon doesn't exist, you're just trying to see the level of interest in sharing the costs of a solution.

What sort of money would we be looking at?

I think your best bet is to work out between you, what you need this addon to do and also what it shouldn't do... then when you have a clear idea of what you want, start contacting developers - I wouldn't necessarily do that yet, because a vague project outline could lead to increased time/cost estimates from the developers.

with a clear outline of what you want, an experienced WHMCS developer should be able to tell you about any potential issues with existing functions that might arise and design accordingly.

as easyhosting suggested, you can do that by posting in Service Offers & Requests when the time comes - though as it's nearly always the same people replying, you could always go to them directly too... frankly, you'll have to do that anyway as none of them will give you their cost estimate in the thread publicly.

with regards to the project cost, you have to be looking at 3-figures USD minimum for this - I don't see, with the time required for coding and extensive testing, how it would reasonably be less than that.... though where it lies on that 3-figure range will depend on the outline and the developer's charges.

in case you're wondering, this isn't a coding project that interests me - there are better developers out there for such a project, but i'm happy to give you any advice if required.

• 1 month later...

Following this thread as we have the same issue and its one that makes no sense.

WHMCS should for all intensive purposes hire an accountant to explain to them what is common practice and allow their clients to disable (features / bugs) that dont apply to particular countries considering that they sell their product worldwide.

Following this thread as we have the same issue and its one that makes no sense.

WHMCS should for all intensive purposes hire an accountant to explain to them what is common practice and allow their clients to disable (features / bugs) that dont apply to particular countries considering that they sell their product worldwide.

But like a lot of countries an invoice is needed.

Take me in the UK, if add funds then this is giving money from my business bank to my server provider to hold for me until i use it, but for business purposes to keep HMRC (Her Majesty Revenue and Customs) happy i have to show an invoice/receipt for every payment

I think the point is not that WHMCS shouldn't generate anything with Add Funds, it's whether generating an invoice is the most appropriate solution... I can see why WHMCS probably initially went down that road as there was already an invoicing solution in WHMCS, but it could make more sense if it were a receipt and not interfering with the invoice numbering.

I know when I add funds to a registrar, i've given a receipt - and not an invoice.

• 1 month later...

Okay folks, step by step....... i'm ready to make a list with people who are interested to let develop a add on to solve this problem.
Can you please 'quote' to the post below with your name if you are interested to spend some money for it?

If we have a few people together, then we can start 'off-line' making a list with functions, do's and don'ts  and so on.....

Edited by Virtual Partners