Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
kasseh

.scot domains

Recommended Posts

I'm having difficultly getting past the additional domain field that's required for .scot registrations. The additional domain field is core_intendeduse I've edited the /includes/additionaldomainfields.php with the statement...

 

$additionaldomainfields[".scot"][] = array("Name" => "Intended Use", "LangVar" => "", "Type" => "text", "Size" => 50, "Default" => "", "Required" => true); 

 

which now means that the field now shows up in the order form and in the admin area. However, the client still has no new field in any forms when editing an existing .Scot domain in their account and as such when making any changes to the domains contact details the error "core_intendeduse:Not Specified:Required value not specified " always appears. Anyone got any ideas how to resolve this or another way to set the registration for this domain type up.

 

ta :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi John,

 

I believe I'm just using the standard whmcs domain module connected to enom and Inetbs registrars. Is there somewhere in settings I could go to look to confirm that is the case?

 

Regards

 

AJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any update on this? Does any one else who uses WHMCS have the ability to register a domain of this type, or even another domain with similar additional requirements in the registration form. .FR being another example

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

shouldn't the additionaldomainfields.php file specify 'core_intendeduse' :?:

 

$additionaldomainfields[".scot"][] = array("Name" => "Intended Use", "LangVar" => "core_intendeduse", "Type" => "text", "Size" => 50, "Default" => "", "Required" => true); 

without that additional bit, I don't think any of the registrar modules would know what it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

I have the same issue. I've added the code you pasted Brian and it gives me a text field to enter text into but this isn't being pushed to my registrar which is Netearthone.

Have I missed something obvious?

Thanks.

 

On 9/29/2016 at 5:35 PM, brian! said:

shouldn't the additionaldomainfields.php file specify 'core_intendeduse' :?:

 

 


$additionaldomainfields[".scot"][] = array("Name" => "Intended Use", "LangVar" => "core_intendeduse", "Type" => "text", "Size" => 50, "Default" => "", "Required" => true); 
 

 

without that additional bit, I don't think any of the registrar modules would know what it is.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Dgital Essence said:

Have I missed something obvious?

the dangers of a 5-year thread!

1 hour ago, Dgital Essence said:

I have the same issue. I've added the code you pasted Brian and it gives me a text field to enter text into but this isn't being pushed to my registrar which is Netearthone.

https://manage.netearthone.com/kb/node/752

at a guess, it might be this...

$additionaldomainfields[".scot"][] = array("Name" => "Intended Use", "LangVar" => "intended-use", "Type" => "text", "Size" => 50, "Default" => "", "Required" => true); 

but you should probably check with Support (or even NEO's support) to get confirmation - the rest of the line is correct.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, brian! said:

the dangers of a 5-year thread!

 

Thanks, I feel like an idiot now!

9 minutes ago, brian! said:

https://manage.netearthone.com/kb/node/752

at a guess, it might be this...


$additionaldomainfields[".scot"][] = array("Name" => "Intended Use", "LangVar" => "intended-use", "Type" => "text", "Size" => 50, "Default" => "", "Required" => true); 

but you should probably check with Support (or even NEO's support) to get confirmation - the rest of the line is correct.

Ah, even more of an idiot.

I've read their docs, edited the LangVar but still no luck. Will contact support and see what the next steps are.

Thank you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dgital Essence said:

I've read their docs, edited the LangVar but still no luck. Will contact support and see what the next steps are.

don't forget to update the thread once you get a working solution. 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Guidelines and understand your posts will initially be pre-moderated