RegisterFly Resellers

xxkylexx

I have an account with them but it's unused because of at least my perception of them being so flaky. I don't want to take a chance on their flakiness giving me a bad rep with my clients. The low price isn't worth it. I offer GeoTrust to my clients. lot more expensive, yes, but they are solid.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True, thats the reason i wouldnt use registerly either. I was more taking over the thread and talking about ssl in general. My bad =P.

I have used the cheap $15 rapidssl certs and have had great success with them. I do use the geotrust ones for my larger clients though.

That's a good idea MACscr, I looked at RapidSSL before. Think I'll go back and re-visit the SSL issue again. Nothing wrong with the cheaper certs as long as the company is decent.

GeoTrust has name recognition for the serious clients.

True, it also really comes down to how much insurance you need on the transactions. The encryption is pratically the same on it as well. Also, 99% of customers dont know how the ssl cert is from, only that its valid.

The good thing bout rapid ssl is that the certs are single root and they own them.

SSL's like godaddy and registerfly and what not, are all 2nd and 3rd certs. Their basically white labeled certs issued by another company and they buy them in such huge quantities they can dish them out at next to nothing.

The good thing bout rapid ssl is that the certs are single root and they own them.

SSL's like godaddy and registerfly and what not, are all 2nd and 3rd certs. Their basically white labeled certs issued by another company and they buy them in such huge quantities they can dish them out at next to nothing.

as far as i'm aware registerfly certs are actually rapid ssl certs anyway.

as far as i'm aware registerfly certs are actually rapid ssl certs anyway.

They are.

another ouch. This is the New Jersy BBB report for the Registerfly:

http://www.trenton.bbb.org/nis/newsearch2.asp?ID=1&ComID=0221000010002016

Excerpted -

"The Bureau processed a total of 146 complaints about this company in the last 36 months, our standard reporting period. Of the total 146 complaints in the last 36 months, 68 of those were closed in the last 12 months. "

This is an official report. Not just folks with bad experiences. Carries a lot of weight with me.

I'm with eNom and I'm deliriously happy ...

Guess I lucked out. When I was trying to use Modern*ill I was able to set up an enom account where my cost is 7.95 for the normal accounts. Not the best deal. But I'll pay the extra $1.00 or so for the reliability.

Matt, you may want to rethink WHMCS's relationship with these guys. I wouldn't want WHMCS to be tainted by association.

• 2 months later...

I've been with RegisterFly since 03 and have 386 non-reseller domains (I'm into domains :P). I have to say, my experience with RegFly has been fairly good. Sure, they're not the very best support wise, but I've found that if you know hardly anything about domains, DNS, etc... then you will be fine. It's only when you need support that you're screwed. :D

I've noticed they've had better care and support toward me since I accumulated so many domains. Odd. :P

I've been impressed with their reseller program so far, though testing, anyway.

TJ, since you read all those links and pages about how bad RegisterFly is, isn't it time that you just stop using RegisterFly since they're a baaad US company? It'd do us all a favor really.

So, in conclusion, RegisterFly is okay, you just better hope you don't mess up. :P

EDIT: Although I will say that since I just ordered more hosting from RegFly to host my WHMCS powered site they have taken forever on the setup of the hosting since, just my luck, they put me on the same server as some out of control con-artist who apparently hosted a fake Escrow service and raked in thousands. I guess they ended up having to bring down the whole 65.98.11.26 server to stop the guy, order of authorites.

• 2 weeks later...

I just signed up as a Regfly reseller, but I am trying to find their complete reseller TLD pricelist.

I spoke with their online support, after waiting for 3 hours. I asked for their pricing and their support responded with ".com .net .org are all $6.50" I then asked for the rest of the pricing, and his response was, "You need to open a ticket for that"

Does anyone have a complete reseller price list?

Thanks