LeonardChallis

Remote Transaction Failure. Please Contact Support.

One of our customers if getting the error "Remote Transaction Failure. Please Contact Support." when trying to add a credit card to their account. The weird thing is, though, that this isn't happening to anyone else. And it's not just their own card - we've tried adding a card to the account that we've successfully added to a couple of other accounts, but it doesn't work on there either.

I've been trying to diff data from tblaccounts and tblclients to compare these accounts but nothing obvious has sprung up.

All the searching I've done on the matter seems to bring up people with the error for all clients, but ours is specific to one client.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Many thanks.

do you have any records under Admin Area -> Billing -> Gateway Log

Yes, here is what I found:

UserID => 5

exception 'Braintree_Exception_NotFound' in /home/web/public_html/modules/gateways/braintree/lib/Braintree/Util.php:59

Stack trace:

#0 /home/web/public_html/modules/gateways/braintree/lib/Braintree/Http.php(48): Braintree_Util::throwStatusCodeException(404)

#1 /home/web/public_html/modules/gateways/braintree/lib/Braintree/PaymentMethod.php(153): Braintree_Http::put('/payment_method...', Array)

#2 /home/web/public_html/modules/gateways/braintree/lib/Braintree/PaymentMethod.php(61): Braintree_PaymentMethod::_doUpdate('/payment_method...', Array)

#3 /home/web/public_html/modules/gateways/braintree.php(309): Braintree_PaymentMethod::update(NULL, Array)

#4 /home/web/public_html/includes/ccfunctions.php(0): braintree_storeremote(Array)

#5 /home/web/public_html/clientarea.php(0): updateCCDetails()

#6 {main}

Edited by LeonardChallis
remove emoticons

is that your client ID?

That's the user ID of the user who cannot update their credit card - the only user (we've found) that cannot update it.

it may be better to contact the module author to investigate this for you, provide him with this log record info will help too

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By kan
      Hello
      I have integrated stripe into WHMCS and it work perfectly with whmcs client area. We have our own client area using WHMCS API, but when we click on "PayNow" in invoice it will re directs to WHMCS client area for payment instead of Stripe payment gateway. Currently I'm using paypal because it will re direct to their gateway for payment.
      Is there any solution in whmcs or in stripe?

• By ModulesGarden
      1. What would you say to SMS Center For WHMCS module perfectly supporting your favorite SMS gateway? More – how would you feel about having such integration developed exclusively for you, in less than two weeks and free of any charge?
      There is only one way to find out, and it leads through our website! 
      Stay ahead of the competition with your client-tailored software!

2. Speaking of one-off bargains you cannot miss this season, you still have the chance to lay your hands on a fully customized gear from ModulesGarden at a 10% discount!
      Need some single modifications to your current WHMCS module? Or perhaps a full-fledged domain registrar system? What about a custom order page? 
      Whatever your company requires to make further headway, we can now provide in much more attractive price and significantly reduced time! 
      Have customers on your side with gear designed for success!

3. Any profit-oriented data center company owner knows you need a robust business automation software tool to handle the routine tasks and scale swiftly with your changing needs. 
      Blazing SEO has already found theirs. As Neil Emeigh reveals, the best thing about EasyDCIM is its all-out integration with the WHMCS system which empowers them to not only keep all owned servers neatly organized, but provision them to clients in a perfectly automated way as well.

To gain more in-depth insight from the Blazing SEO President himself and trace the company’s inspiring rise to success, visit the latest EasyDCIM Blog!

4. Have you seen what module updates powered up our Product Marketplace most recently?

CRM For WHMCS - v2.5.2 Plesk Extended For WHMCS - v3.1.0 QuickBooks Desktop For WHMCS - v1.1.4

Need Custom Software Development For Your Business?

Get Your Free Quote Now! Specially for you we will adapt an application and its design to your own needs, create a new module or even a completely new system built from scratch!
    • By ModulesGarden
      Do you like keeping your audience and employees well informed through text messages no matter the place or time?
      Then you will love to hear that we can introduce any SMS gateway you are currently using to our SMS Center For WHMCS module without any costs at all!
      More – once you confirm the readiness to proceed with this custom implementation, we will try our hardest to deliver it to you in less than two weeks!

Cannot wait to enter a whole new level of business communication?
      Visit our website for more info and let’s get started right away!

• By wellconnit
      Hi guys,

I've almost finished developing a custom payment gateway, however when I submit and it posts I've set the return url(not the callback) to /viewinvoice?id=#### and there is a problem somewhere
      The callback is separate and is set to modules/gateways/callback/nabtransact.php
      But it returns me a page with no CSS and a login box which suggests it's logged out or lost the login cookie in the process.
      The address bar shows the payment gateway target but the page does not correspond.
      Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks
    • By Deeco
      Hello,

I never accepted Credit Cards by any form besides PayPal, but now that I have a customer whom wants to pay via CC, I realised that PayPal fees are ludicrous! I only come accross Stripe which is quite reasonable, but wanted to know if anyone else can recommended me a better gateway.

Just to know I am based in the UK.

Thanks.