plusplushosting

password reset link is not sending the pw reset url

Wondering if the {$pw_reset_url} has changed somehow? im in v 6.3

I have that variable in the password reset email template but when i click in the PAssword reset email link in the admin area for a client that url is blank in the client email message?

Thanx in advance!

I am sorry I totally misread your message I just tested this from admin and I also have only a blank space where the link should be in the sent mail. *Mental note don’t read and answer mails at 4am anymore LOL

Hi,

So that the Password Reset Validation email template contains the timed reset link, ensure it contains the relevant merge field:

<a href="{$reset_password_url}">Reset your password</a>

This is located at Configuration > System Settings > Email Templates

Brilliant! Thank you. I am not sure why my template hadn't updated the last time I upgraded. It now makes me wonder how many of my templates are wrong. Is there somewhere I can check what all the default templates should be?

Hi @WeaveStudios,

We'll automatically update any stock email templates when applying a WHMCS update which requires a template change. If a template was customised they'll be skipped by the update routine so as not to remove your customisations.

All the stock email templates are located in /resources/sql/install/tblemailtemplates.data.sql.