Live Help by Stardevelop updated - available?

but Brian Its not a module. its a separate addon like the iphone app, which users pay separate to WHMCS

ah! perhaps a poor choice of words on my part to call it a module... it's been a long day! :twisted:

but the comment still stands, when WHMCS have updates for Project Management, Licensing Addon etc (which users pay separately for), they tend to occur during a WHMCS updated release, not separately.

i'm not saying they won't release it separately - they may well do so - I just think they'll leave it until it's fully tested for v6.1

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ah! perhaps a poor choice of words on my part to call it a module... it's been a long day! :twisted:

but the comment still stands, when WHMCS have updates for Project Management, Licensing Addon etc (which users pay separately for), they tend to occur during a WHMCS updated release, not separately.

i'm not saying they won't release it separately - they may well do so - I just think they'll leave it until it's fully tested for v6.1

but according to Stardevelop WHMCS has had the chatstack version for several months well before WHMCS 6 was released

but according to Stardevelop WHMCS has had the chatstack version for several months well before WHMCS 6 was released

well I don't know the accuracy of if/when/what WHMCS received, so pointless to comment on that.

but you've been around here long enough to know that WHMCS are not the fastest developers, or the greatest communicators - both of which cause a great deal of frustration to its users (myself included).

but you've been around here long enough to know that WHMCS are not the fastest developers, or the greatest communicators - both of which cause a great deal of frustration to its users (myself included).

Yes i agree. also i do find the stardevelop addon limited in that anyone using it cant submit attachments and cant print/email/save it. I checked out Tawk.to on one of my other sites and its free with unlimited agents, unlimited websites can be used with it, unlimited concurrent chats and all FREE, so added that to my WHMCS site and stopped paying for the WHMCS live chat addon and it could not be better, even clients like it

yes because that iOS app is provided by Stardevelop direct and just has a few fixes when WHMCS get round to providing it.

Yes, I'm aware. But for the purposes of this discussion on the WHMCS 6 issues with Chatstack, this is good news? You don't seem excited :)

That because i have used it on my iphone and my desktop and the only difference is the change of name. i now use tawk.to as it gives more features and is free

Hmm... I don't think you understand. Until Stardevelop released that update to Chatstack last night, WHMCS 6.x did not work with Live Help on the iPhone; WHMCS 5 continued to work, but WHMCS 6 did not. That update that they released last night fixed the issues (tested and confirmed by me today)

Hmm... I don't think you understand. Until Stardevelop released that update to Chatstack last night, WHMCS 6.x did not work with Live Help on the iPhone; WHMCS 5 continued to work, but WHMCS 6 did not. That update that they released last night fixed the issues (tested and confirmed by me today)

you are wrong. I was using the iOS App and the Desktop App until last week both with WHMCS 6 and faced no issues. I just find the this lacks things like allowing users to submit attachments and email/print transcripts, this is why i looked and tested many before deciding to use tawk.to

Have updated my ticket in the support portal asking what is happening. Though I must say I do love

Capture.PNG

Bounce a ticket to the top of the queue and still do nothing with it; and no we have not paid and would not pay an elevated price to bump a ticket when we already pay a maintenance fee.

Have updated my ticket in the support portal asking what is happening. Though I must say I do love

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9175[/ATTACH]

Bounce a ticket to the top of the queue and still do nothing with it; and no we have not paid and would not pay an elevated price to bump a ticket when we already pay a maintenance fee.

yes the paid thing is a system brought over from cpanel. i have been told on various tickets that i could pay if i wanted a quicker response. well i can think of more things to use $30 on

Is this chat integrated into WHMCS to allow you to verify customers whether they are signed into their accounts or not?

Not really as clients can go onto live chat without signing into their accounts.

@WHMCS and @cPanel need to work together to provide some sort of WHMCS integrated authenticated chat support for customers only

That's what the support ticket system is for

Sick and tired of being told by support "we cannot say when it will be updated, look at the changelog". So we have followed their advice and began implementing https://livehelperchat.com Far superior, self hosted, open source, modular and free so what better could you ask for :) Will be happily sending them our renewal $$s their way.

I couldn't agree more.

I can confirm that if you purchased your license directly from Chatstack that they do have everything working with WHMCS 6.1 now and have provided all the working code. Now there isn't really any reason for WHMCS's own module to not work as all they have to do is ioncube encode the code provided by chatstack and provide it in their own client area.

I can confirm that if you purchased your license directly from Chatstack that they do have everything working with WHMCS 6.1 now and have provided all the working code. Now there isn't really any reason for WHMCS's own module to not work as all they have to do is ioncube encode the code provided by chatstack and provide it in their own client area.

If Chatstack has provided full access to the code, there isn't a reason for WHMCS to encode it as the full source is being provided by them already. Would be great if Chatstack could just release the module on their website if WHMCS doesn't get to this in a timely manner.

If Chatstack has provided full access to the code, there isn't a reason for WHMCS to encode it as the full source is being provided by them already. Would be great if Chatstack could just release the module on their website if WHMCS doesn't get to this in a timely manner.

i assume their is more work than that as this is what chatstack told me on 29/06/2015 02:41

Hey *****,

The new version 5 release is currently only available to customers that have purchased directly from us. We are working with the WHMCS team to make this update available for WHMCS customers.

Generally the WHMCS live chat add-on is available shortly after the main release on our web site as the add-on is different and it also needs to have the WHMCS licensing code and encoding added to the updated release.

We are also working on the update for iPhone app as we will have to rebrand it with Chatstack. The iPhone app will also be available soon.

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns regarding this.

Regards,

Joan

Customer Service

Stardevelop Pty Ltd

And this is one of the reasons I will not update to v6 yet. Because other addons (sold by WHMCS) are not working with it.

If you are a small company that depends on this, and then having to inform customers, sorry chat is not available anymore for a few months...

This is unacceptable. No wonder people moved to other chat solutions.

There is no point in using the addons if its not integrated into WHMCS. I have ChatStack, I own both versions, the WHMCS one and one directly from their website. While the software works, I would not say its the best option. You can't do basic things like deleting a chat history conversation and their Android app sucks big time. You start to get notifications for every single message and there is no way to turn them off except removing the app.

Even so, the only reason why I like it, is because its integrated into WHMCS and can be branded. Otherwise you could just use any other chat systems.

The integration is very basic, just let you see which customers is logged in and click some account links. To be honest, it does not work all the time. Sometimes I know a visitor is a logged customer, but it does not show up on the Windows Chat app as that customer at all. There are huge bugs with the WHMCS integration. Did someone noticed for example that the chat history on the customer account tickets is incomplete?

I reported this bug to WHMCS for ages. The MySQL tables are limited to how much text you can hold on single reply. So if your chat sessions was even longer than 10 minutes, the conversation stored in the ticket area for the customer is only the first part. The solution is pretty simple, just attach the whole conversation as an attachment or split them in several replies.

If WHMCS is doing a better integration great. Otherwise please start posting solutions, some which you can integrated into the account systems is preferable and WHMCS should stop selling their addons which don't work with v6. I don't think its correct to take money for something that does not work. At least not until its working.

The reasons to use tawk.to

Better features and better mobile apps

It just works. All features work and great. No missed chat. No tweaks or hacks to get alerted.

Automated triggers (this is a must for any business chat app today)

Aliases (this is probably one of the best features of all) I just hate having to use different accounts. Sometimes you want to answer the chat using another name for several reasons, mostly privacy. You don't want to stick using the same name.

Reasons to use Chatstack

Self hosted. This gives you the power to add and customize everything, which includes adding your own customization and code. But you will need the Chatstack direct version since WHMCS encodes everything which takes away this powerful feature.

Branding. Again since all the files are locally hosted, this gives you terrible flexibility which you will never have over a third party service. Its your server, its your configuration. The limit is the sky.

Privacy and security. Hosting data locally may be required for some companies. In particular if the chat transcript contains private sensitive information. You control the data.

Performance. Your dedicated servers will work better than a shared cloud service where may other users are using the service at the same time. Unless you are cheap here...but you control the hardware and so the performance, speed and latency of the chat communications.

More professional. Using a free service may not give the best impression to your customers online.

Edited by yggdrasil

• 3 weeks later...