Live Help by Stardevelop updated - available?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was also wondering this but I don't think they have changed the branding yet on their side either for the software.

If you look the reviews in their Android app, there are tons of complaints from users that say its not working anymore. In their website they also still show the software exactly as it was before. Nothing changed in terms of logo and looks except their website.

Maybe we should wait until they have completely branded the products with the new name and graphics. Then WHMCS can update their own module on their part. I would prefer this to be done safely rather than have a broken product afterwards.

I'm also interested in the new version.

As per their blog:

"Major Core Rewrite

A major rewrite of the database layer code was implemented for this release. We additionally increased the minimum server requirements to PHP 5.3.7 with PDO and MySQL 5.1 This core rewrite will help speed up future development and allow us to move to a faster release cycle in the near future."

Hey jbro,

Did they happen to provide you this information via a chat or ticket you submitted to them?

We have not received any updates from them as we have been working with them on getting this new version to integrate with WHMCS.

If you have this available, please open a support ticket and provide the source so we can look into this.

Thanks!

Hi Chance.

The only reference to this is what is says in their news section on their desktop messenger and Blog at http://www.chatstack.com/blog/chatstack-v5-0-release/

if you gotot https://secure.stardevelop.com/customer.htm and click on the blog link you are taken to the above blog.

I have messaged them, but they only work Monday-Friday 10am-5pm (GMT+10 Brisbane), so not expecting any reply until at least tomorrow

this is what Stardevelop state

Hey ********,

The new version 5 release is currently only available to customers that have purchased directly from us. We are working with the WHMCS team to make this update available for WHMCS customers.

Generally the WHMCS live chat add-on is available shortly after the main release on our web site as the add-on is different and it also needs to have the WHMCS licensing code and encoding added to the updated release.

We are also working on the update for iPhone app as we will have to rebrand it with Chatstack. The iPhone app will also be available soon.

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns regarding this.

Regards,

Joan

Customer Service

Stardevelop Pty Ltd

• 3 weeks later...
John;429743']Did you buy it direct from Stardevelop or through WHMCS? If you bought it direct then the update is available now.

I have purchased direct from stardevelop and have another license though WHMCS and both don't work with whmcs 6.01 :(

• 2 weeks later...

Hi easyhosting, am beginning to come to to the same conclusion, and start looking for an alternative. I raised it with StarDevelop and they say speak to WHMCS, you speak to them, and then its speak with StarDevelop. Hate writing off good money that has been paid for a license, but if unable to upgrade to a version that is meant to be significantly better from both a performance and feature perspective, then it would seem the only option is to take that money elsewhere :(

yes stardevelop told me they had given WHMCS version 5 some months ago, but they know WHMCS need to do work to get it to work with their software. At least you get response and help from stardevelop, they even gave me the version 5 desktop manager.

But i like tawk.to its free and you can have as many agents as you want, have it on as many sites as you wish and as many concurrent chats as you want. Also it allows the end user to print and email the transcript, also a user can add a file to the chat

• 4 weeks later...

I've been super annoyed, running Chatstack with WHMCS 6.0.2 for the past ~2 weeks, and couldn't figure out why I can see messages from clients coming in to Chatstack on my iPhone 6, but if I try to reply on my phone, the client never receives the messages I type. If I reply in the "Live Help" Windows desktop app (which I haven't updated in quite some time), it works just fine.

Any update on this yet? I'm growing tired of the addon updates from WHMCS being so slow.

This is what we received to our support ticket on the 19th August 2015.

Thank you for contacting WHMCS. I apologise for the delay in our response.

We are currently working with StarDevelop to upgrade the LiveHelp module to ChatStack version 5.0. We have Case ID LIVECHAT-5912 open with our developers regarding this project.

Unfortunately, I cannot provide an estimated time for completion for this. However, once we resolve cases and push features they are available at our change log, here http://changelog.whmcs.com/

I apologize for the inconvenience, and appreciate your patience as we work to resolve this.

Drawing close to a month further on without any update from WHMCS. As an official module we certainly do not like what appears to be a "Sell and Forget" policy. WHMCS please provide a statement as to when you believe this module will be updated as it would appear a lot of your customers are eagerly waiting on it.

Drawing close to a month further on without any update from WHMCS. As an official module we certainly do not like what appears to be a "Sell and Forget" policy. WHMCS please provide a statement as to when you believe this module will be updated as it would appear a lot of your customers are eagerly waiting on it.

i'm not sure asking WHMCS for a statement here will get you very far - I imagine the above will be their statement until its eventual release.

having been using WHMCS for a few years, they often tend not to release updated modules like this separately from their main releases - so it will likely coincide with an updated WHMCS release.

going by the bug fixes listed in v6.1.0RC, I get the impression that there isn't going to be a v6.0.3 and they'll go straight to v6.1 when it's ready for release - but WHMCS probably don't even know when that will be yet - and i've no inside knowledge on the current development status of either product.