Disable Radio button? Disable out of stock location selection

DemoTiger

you could modify the web20cart/configureproduct.tpl template to check for the phrase "out of stock", and if found, disable the radio button - you would need to replace...

{elseif $configoption.optiontype eq 2}
{foreach key=num2 item=options from=$configoption.options}
<label><input type="radio" name="configoption[{$configoption.id}]" value="{$options.id}"{if $configoption.selectedvalue eq $options.id} checked="checked"{/if}>
{$options.name}</label><br />
{/foreach}

with..

<label><input type="radio" name="configoption[{$configoption.id}]" value="{$options.id}" {if $options.nameonly|strstr:'out of stock'} disabled{elseif $configoption.selectedvalue eq $options.id} checked="checked"{/if}>
{/foreach}

what if the client area language is not English? i might modify brain's code to this:

<label><input type="radio" name="configoption[{$configoption.id}]" value="{$options.id}" {if $options.nameonly|strstr:$LANG.outofstock} disabled{elseif $configoption.selectedvalue eq $options.id} checked="checked"{/if}>
{/foreach}  

Hi Sentq,

what if the client area language is not English?

that wouldn't matter with my code :idea:

the "(out of stock)' text that dewlance.com is using is part of the configurable option name - he's not using any language file entry for this... even if he was, it would be "Out of Stock" rather than 'out of stock'.

so I think your code would fail - it might work for English if you changed to using stristr; but for other languages, it will certainly not work.

that said, there's a possible argument to be had that he could make it multi-language flexible, by using a replace on the $options.name variable and replacing 'out of stock' with the language equivalent... but he didn't ask about doing that! :)

you could modify the web20cart/configureproduct.tpl template to check for the phrase "out of stock", and if found, disable the radio button - you would need to replace...

Many many thanks. Now I can disable location selection with "Out of Stock" text which is very helpful for me.