Sign in to follow this  
paperweight

Email Validation for register.php and cart.php are allowing false email addresses!

I noticed a problem over recent weeks that has become much much more worrisome in recent days with lots of spammy registered users at my site. Most of these spammy email addresses are not actually TLDs, such as the email address jhvgyr65ytghv@mmmmmm.mmm that was recently registered today. How did that email address get past WHMCS validation??

Is there somethign wrong with my WHMCS setup? Why is an email address at mmmmmm.mmm allowed to be registered? It should fail on validation, correct?

I am doing more tests now and I see pretty much any nonsensical address -- even if it is not a TLD -- is allowed by WHMCs. Any idea if my settings are correct and how to fix this?

I am doing more tests now and I see pretty much any nonsensical address -- even if it is not a TLD -- is allowed by WHMCs. Any idea if my settings are correct and how to fix this?

About this it's normal. In fact you can't determine what is a TLD and what is not. For example a company could even order an hosting account for a non-existing domain/extension like i.am.awesome and make it accessible only from devices of employers. I know that it sounds odd but you can't limit the use of domains that they want to point to your service.

Anyway, as I have already said in other occasions, in my opinion the best thing is to replace the standard registration form with a totally custom one with all your validations like you can see in this page (it's a work in progress website). It's WHMCS and as you can see it uses custom client/server side validations. No more telephone numbers in tens of different formats like "+39 123456", "39123456", "39.123456" or "123456" but just the number in the way it's meant to be specified, no nome names and lastnames like "MIKE FRANCO", "mike franco" but just "Mike Franco" etc. As soon as all validations are fine, you send all your validated and normalized data to WHMCS via API and all problems are solved.

Anyway, as I have already said in other occasions, in my opinion the best thing is to replace the standard registration form with a totally custom one with all your validations like you can see in this page (it's a work in progress website).

Yes I see your point and understand what you mean. Is your register.php available as a paid module or in some way we can pay and see how it is crafted and tweak for our own needs? Shall I contact you a your website?

For sure the script that I used in the website I linked above doesn't fit your needs since it also runs several actions when the client registers. Feel free to PM me or send an email info /at\ revhosting.org.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By MYGSG - Nicholas S
      Hello fellow WHMCS community members and friends,

i’m trying to add a new table section on my WHMCS templates specifically for Payment Details so that I can specify and outline the payment details / policy. So far I’ve been successful in creating a tabled version on the template that allows me to show three seperate Collins with three different sets of text relevant that I need to show.
      now I’m trying to add the payment summary/and payment terms/refund terms, however I can’t get the table settings correct. I’m hoping someone can provide an example?
      I require this to be seperate at the bottom of the invoice and not displayed as a “note” as I want to be able to style this accordingly as well. I know I can use the “notes” section on the invoice, however as I’ve said and specified this is not what I’m wanting to achieve.
      looking toward to what others have to say and there respective examples.
      Thanks in advance,
      Kind regards,
      Nicholas Sansom
      Global Group CEO & Managing Director
      Executive Services Division | Global Group
       California United States, 1968 S. Coast Hwy, Suite 5949, Laguna Beach, California
      Brisbane Australia, The Garden, 9/204 Alice Street, Brisbane City, QLD 4000
      Sydney Australia, 50 Clarence Street, Sydney, NSW 2000
       E Nicholas.Sansom@MyGlobalSolutionsGroup.com W www.MyGlobalSolutionsGroup.com
      USA/CA +1 800 318 9529 Australia 1300 310 456 Int 07 3130 2240 D 07 3130 2285 M 0456 884 864
    • By ModulesGarden
      1. 10% OFF EVERYTHING - Last Call!

There is not much time left, but you can still apply the exclusive 10% promo code to absolutely any product available at our Marketplace. If you don’t have yours yet, here’s a brief guide:

✓ Do a quick sightseeing tour around the key areas of PanelAlpha - a totally new WordPress-focused platform supplied with a wide-ranging toolkit that automates the host of provisioning and management tasks.

✓ Tell us what you think about its visual and functional qualities via a 2-minute survey.

✓ Enjoy an immediate reward for your active support!

It's as simple as that!

2. DirectAdmin Extended For WHMCS 3.7.0

Another spectacular duo confirmed!

DirectAdmin Extended For WHMCS has been levelled up to the 3.7.0 version driven by the ambitious goal of introducing the foolproof integration with WordPress Manager For WHMCS together with WHMCS V8.3 support!

Upon such a powerful combination of modules, your customers will be free to carry out all kinds of actions on their WordPress instances, plugins and backups without the need to ever leave the account management panel located in your system.

Gain a full insight into DirectAdmin Extended For WHMCS 3.7.0!

3. Curious to see plenty of other modules that made it on the list of this week’s updates?
      Amazon EC2 For WHMCS - v1.3.3 Amazon Lightsail For WHMCS - v1.2.3 Cancellation Center For WHMCS - v1.1.1 Discount Center For WHMCS - v1.4.13 Domain & Email Forwarding For WHMCS - v1.4.1 Kayako For WHMCS - v1.1.3 Payment Gateway Allocator For WHMCS - v1.1.17 Plesk Extended For WHMCS - v3.5.2 QuickBooks Online For WHMCS - v1.7.1 SMS Center For WHMCS - v3.10.1 Zendesk For WHMCS - v2.3.2 Zimbra Email For WHMCS - v2.1.7

Need Custom Software Development For Your Business?
      Get Your Free Quote Now! Specially for you we will adapt an application and its design to your own needs, create a new module or even a completely new system built from scratch!
    • By TheHackRepairGuy
      For a while there I thought the bogus account creation was behind us.
      But in the past few months I've seen a major uptick in bogus European new account creation.
      Some bot out there are mass injecting new accounts nearly constantly. 

Anyone one else seeing this?

I see no way to stop it.
      Anyone have recommendations on reducing the number of injected accounts into WHMCS?

Thanks.
    • By Stuxhost
      Hello all,
      Since a while now I am unable to add options to the new added TLD's in the domain config in the WHMCS admin. I can add new extentions but when I check the boxes for DNS, Forwarding and Protection the message says it's saved but the options are not checked. No matter how many times I repeat this. 
      I tried with 2 different registars but both same issue, is there something I do wrong here?

• By Stuxhost
      Hello all,
      Today I upgraded my WHMCS installation to the latest version v8.2.0 but after the upgrade I cannot create new tickets anymore. From the admin backend and from the frontend the following error shows up:

PDOException: SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'ipaddress' in 'field list' in /var/www/stuxhost/public/vendor/illuminate/database/Connection.php:458
      Stack trace:
      #0 /var/www/stuxhost/public/vendor/illuminate/database/Connection.php(458): PDO->prepare()
      #1 /var/www/stuxhost/public/vendor/illuminate/database/Connection.php(664): Illuminate\Database\Connection->Illuminate\Database\{closure}()
      #2 /var/www/stuxhost/public/vendor/illuminate/database/Connection.php(631): Illuminate\Database\Connection->runQueryCallback()
      #3 /var/www/stuxhost/public/vendor/illuminate/database/Connection.php(465): Illuminate\Database\Connection->run()
      #4 /var/www/stuxhost/public/vendor/illuminate/database/Connection.php(417): Illuminate\Database\Connection->statement()
      #5 /var/www/stuxhost/public/vendor/illuminate/database/Query/Processors/Processor.php(32): Illuminate\Database\Connection->insert()
      #6 /var/www/stuxhost/public/vendor/illuminate/database/Query/Builder.php(2771): Illuminate\Database\Query\Processors\Processor->processInsertGetId()
      #7 /var/www/stuxhost/public/vendor/illuminate/database/Eloquent/Builder.php(1403): Illuminate\Database\Query\Builder->insertGetId()
      #8 /var/www/stuxhost/public/vendor/illuminate/database/Eloquent/Model.php(900): Illuminate\Database\Eloquent\Builder->__call()
      #9 /var/www/stuxhost/public/vendor/illuminate/database/Eloquent/Model.php(865): Illuminate\Database\Eloquent\Model->insertAndSetId()
      #10 /var/www/stuxhost/public/vendor/illuminate/database/Eloquent/Model.php(728): Illuminate\Database\Eloquent\Model->performInsert()
      #11 /var/www/stuxhost/public/includes/ticketfunctions.php(0): Illuminate\Database\Eloquent\Model->save()
      #12 /var/www/stuxhost/public/submitticket.php(0): openNewTicket()
      #13 {main}
      Next Illuminate\Database\QueryException: SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'ipaddress' in 'field list' (SQL: insert into `tbltickets` (`tid`, `userid`, `contactid`, `requestor_id`, `did`, `date`, `title`, `message`, `urgency`, `status`, `attachment`, `lastreply`, `name`, `email`, `c`, `ipaddress`, `clientunread`, `adminunread`, `service`, `cc`, `editor`, `admin`, `updated_at`) values (834063, 2, , 2, 1, 2021-08-17 16:38:35, Test, test, Medium, Open, , 2021-08-17 16:38:35, , , hAE41EEH, 2a02:a448:a22e:1:944c:8125:24bb:6576, 1, , , , markdown, , 2021-08-17 16:38:35)) in /var/www/stuxhost/public/vendor/illuminate/database/Connection.php:671
      Stack trace:
      #0 /var/www/stuxhost/public/vendor/illuminate/database/Connection.php(631): Illuminate\Database\Connection->runQueryCallback()
      #1 /var/www/stuxhost/public/vendor/illuminate/database/Connection.php(465): Illuminate\Database\Connection->run()
      #2 /var/www/stuxhost/public/vendor/illuminate/database/Connection.php(417): Illuminate\Database\Connection->statement()
      #3 /var/www/stuxhost/public/vendor/illuminate/database/Query/Processors/Processor.php(32): Illuminate\Database\Connection->insert()
      #4 /var/www/stuxhost/public/vendor/illuminate/database/Query/Builder.php(2771): Illuminate\Database\Query\Processors\Processor->processInsertGetId()
      #5 /var/www/stuxhost/public/vendor/illuminate/database/Eloquent/Builder.php(1403): Illuminate\Database\Query\Builder->insertGetId()
      #6 /var/www/stuxhost/public/vendor/illuminate/database/Eloquent/Model.php(900): Illuminate\Database\Eloquent\Builder->__call()
      #7 /var/www/stuxhost/public/vendor/illuminate/database/Eloquent/Model.php(865): Illuminate\Database\Eloquent\Model->insertAndSetId()
      #8 /var/www/stuxhost/public/vendor/illuminate/database/Eloquent/Model.php(728): Illuminate\Database\Eloquent\Model->performInsert()
      #9 /var/www/stuxhost/public/includes/ticketfunctions.php(0): Illuminate\Database\Eloquent\Model->save()
      #10 /var/www/stuxhost/public/submitticket.php(0): openNewTicket()
      #11 {main}

This indicates there's a column missing but I have no clue why.. 
      Is there someone who could help with this? 

Thank you.