Sign in to follow this  
krt463

Different Invoice Generation Date Based on Gateway used?

Hello, I've submitted a feature request....but wholy hanna, it starts with 1 vote and will likely sit at the bottom for years! I'm looking for some guidance on how others handle this situation.

We are moving to WHMCS from another system. Currently we have about 20% of our customers who send in checks. Naturally we would choose the "Mail IN Payment" as their gateway.

The settings for how many days before the expiration date is set for 7. That's almost enough time for them to get the checks in before they get the past due notice, but if we change it to 14....then the 80% of our customers who pay with CC will start getting invoices much earlier than they are used to (for 15 years, our old system we are converting from would generate the invoice on the day it was due and charge it).

How is everyone else handling this invoice generation? Should we just put it at 14 to prevent the 20% from getting past due notices and explain to the 80% CC customers why they get an invoice early?

Ideally, having the option to change WHEN the invoice is generated per gateway would be perfect, but it seems this has not been needed by most.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By zitu4life
      Hello there
      I was looking a best way to  create  a customized   emails   to be sent   to clients   automated (every    month or  every  3 months or every   six   month).
      There is emails   templates   so I can create   new email template, but but to make   it   automated    if all emails  templates    are related to invoices  , products   or services?
      Creating    a product or service   with   amount   zero?
      These emails   are intend   to just  to  remember   clients that   that   for examples   target  time  to   buy   or   acquire   certain   services    overdue target time   so it is all about client  now   if he is   go on   or not. Let  's   say this clients   do not   have subscription   service,  so   eventually   he   could buy or not.
      Practice   example:   There is   a hardware maintenance    that client   should   hire  my company   to do that, so he   could   forget, so  , I will send   automated   emails    to   remember this client regarding that, but   he could just   decide  to  not do that maintenance   now and wait   next    3   month (it is client   decision as  it  as not  a  subscription  service) that is why   this   customized  emails   wil work  just to   remember   clients regarding that and   potentialize   my   profit because   I keep stay   step forward   for competitor  market, because   I will not wait for client   to remember   about that.👍
      What   is the  best way to WHMCS   handle that?

• By jdiaz
      Hi everyone, sorry for the noob question.
      I noticed after a customer notified me this, that last year, the domain didn't sync and was marked as expired, so the new invoice was generated only for one service and the domain was not charged.
      For now, I manually marked it as active because on her profile was "Expired" but on Resellerclub, the domain is still active and being used and also tied to the same customer.
      So my question would be, what can I do so after I manually renew it this year, it also starts to be a billable item for the customer from now on as it was before something happened?
      Thanks in advance!
    • By Blasgo
      Good morning community
      How do I make all the services to be renewed appear on the "Customer Invoice"?
      In all "Customer Invoice" emails I only see that the hosting service appears and does not add the domain, both services were purchased the same day.
      The domain renewal is sent in different mail.
      I will greatly appreciate your help
      Greetings.

• By Tengri
      Hello!
      For some reasons sometimes our banks don't accept invoice from customers without stamp, name of CEO and signature. Is there any way that when the user chooses payment via a Bank under the invoice had the name of the Director signature and stamp.
      Thank you!
    • By kan
      Hello
      I have integrated stripe into WHMCS and it work perfectly with whmcs client area. We have our own client area using WHMCS API, but when we click on "PayNow" in invoice it will re directs to WHMCS client area for payment instead of Stripe payment gateway. Currently I'm using paypal because it will re direct to their gateway for payment.
      Is there any solution in whmcs or in stripe?