MyWorks WHMCS PayPal Billing Agreements Payment Gateway

I purchased this module recently, however, it cannot be activated because PayPal requires you to upgrade to PayPal Payments Pro in order to enable Reference Transactions on your account, which must be enabled for this module to work. I have tried to get PayPal to simply enable Reference Transactions, without any success, even when following the directions provided by the plugin developers.. So this module is pretty much useless to me now, since I have to upgrade to PayPal Payments Pro. If I have that, I have no need for the plugin.. :roll:

Unfortunately, because of PayPal's size and millions of different support agents, we've encountered situations where PayPal reps will tell you either it can't be enabled because of the status of your account, or that you need to upgrade to a $30 / month plan for it.

We've found that if you call / open a ticket enough times, you'll get a person who is familiar with enabling Ref transactions and will go ahead an enable them for you. It grates us that this is sometimes the only way to get them enabled, but we find it's well worth the effort, as you'll end up with amazing billing capabilities!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've found that if you call / open a ticket enough times, you'll get a person who is familiar with enabling Ref transactions and will go ahead an enable them for you.

that may be fine if after getting this module you have the time to keep calling Paypal hoping to get a person that can do this

OK I got Paypal to enable the feature. They said it may take up to 24 hours for it to be enabled.

I logged into my paypal account about 6 hours after wards and I noticed the layout a bit different now. Im guessing its enabled but not sure where to look.

I contacted myworksdesign for next step here.

for me sale staff said they don't know anything about this feature or some others ask for support staff to activate it.

support staff said they can't modify it as they don't have access to edit customer account. Still ping pong after some months now ...

Support staff investigate for understood why sales staff said that's as they should do the request and not said to contact support staff...

Anyway would be great to have some feedback from customers of this plugin to be sure time won't be waste when i will got feature enable :)

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the late post.

For anyone who is interested, the plugin ran for about 1/3 of my clients then it failed for the rest. But I was able to use the "attempt capture" button in WHMCS to manually grab funds from the rest of the clients. That was nice at least.

So issue right now appears to be the cronjob. Going to work with dev, to get this corrected.

So far I am happy, but I would like it to work properly.

Will keep you posted.

Sorry for the late post.

For anyone who is interested, the plugin ran for about 1/3 of my clients then it failed for the rest. But I was able to use the "attempt capture" button in WHMCS to manually grab funds from the rest of the clients. That was nice at least.

So issue right now appears to be the cronjob. Going to work with dev, to get this corrected.

So far I am happy, but I would like it to work properly.

Will keep you posted.

thanks for the feedback

• 2 weeks later...
I highly doubt anyone wants to run encrypted payment gateway code, especially when you've just registered on these forums. There's no guarantee that there's no back doors or you won't disappear in a month, rendering the code useless. In any case, good luck with your sales. It's a shame too, the plugin looked cool.

Yes exactly. There are a multitude of ways the data from your customers could be collected and sent to a company without you knowing.

The other problem is there is no way to see if this is genuinely their code or code they have taken from another program and modified to work with WHMCS. If it did happen to be a violation of someone's intellectual property and you were using it then you could be in a situation where you have paid them and can't legally run the software since it wasn't theirs to begin with.

Funny thing about his response as well is that he wants you to sign a NDA and go through a background check if you want to see the code, but the guy doesn't return phone calls of potential customers when he says he will.

As for the disappearing in a certain length of time you are right. I have had that happen to me. Bought a program a long time ago myself from a developer and they disappeared a month later without any notice at all. Just a very simple HTML page saying they were no longer in business.

One of my WHMCS modules that I paid for as well even became a free module as well about a year or so after I bought it. It could have just disappeared and been unusable though. That is how I found out about the whole issue. I saw errors in the logs and found the notice.

Got to be SUPER cautious in this world now days.

Another update. Plugin works as it stated. It did all my billing for me. A day earlier, but that was my fault as the invoice generation was set one day ahead. So instead of it happen tomorrow, it ran today. But users services got billed.

Any questions I had Peter was quick to answer and very helpful.

Any questions people have let me know.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

For some reason we haven't been notified of responses to this thread, so just noticed this thread - we apologize as normally we'd be on top of responses through the thread.

First of all, we have not been non-responsive. If any tickets have been opened with us, we've responded promptly as Andreas mentioned.

We're also releasing a great new update to the module, with some great new features.

We'll review the comments above and respond if needed, but if you have any specific questions, feel free to respond or open a ticket at clients.myworkshosting.com!

Thanks!

I purchased this module recently, however, it cannot be activated because PayPal requires you to upgrade to PayPal Payments Pro in order to enable Reference Transactions on your account, which must be enabled for this module to work. I have tried to get PayPal to simply enable Reference Transactions, without any success, even when following the directions provided by the plugin developers.. So this module is pretty much useless to me now, since I have to upgrade to PayPal Payments Pro. If I have that, I have no need for the plugin.. :roll:

Seems like you may have just spoken to the wrong PayPal rep. PayPal Payments Pro is not needed, it just takes a little bit of doing sometimes to get it enabled. Most of the time, it's a piece of cake, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi,

the module is still available? All links return a 404 error. I'm interesting to buy it.

Thanks

What links are you using? As far as we can see, all are up and running.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes exactly. There are a multitude of ways the data from your customers could be collected and sent to a company without you knowing.

The other problem is there is no way to see if this is genuinely their code or code they have taken from another program and modified to work with WHMCS. If it did happen to be a violation of someone's intellectual property and you were using it then you could be in a situation where you have paid them and can't legally run the software since it wasn't theirs to begin with.

Funny thing about his response as well is that he wants you to sign a NDA and go through a background check if you want to see the code, but the guy doesn't return phone calls of potential customers when he says he will.

As for the disappearing in a certain length of time you are right. I have had that happen to me. Bought a program a long time ago myself from a developer and they disappeared a month later without any notice at all. Just a very simple HTML page saying they were no longer in business.

One of my WHMCS modules that I paid for as well even became a free module as well about a year or so after I bought it. It could have just disappeared and been unusable though. That is how I found out about the whole issue. I saw errors in the logs and found the notice.

Got to be SUPER cautious in this world now days.

We definitely understand the need to be cautious, but we're not sure what you're referring to when you say you haven't received a call back. While we are primarily a hosting company, our awesome developers developed this module for in-house use, then we saw the need for it on a wider scale and introduced it to the public.

So, even though we are a hosting company primarily, all our module customers will tell you they've received nothing but immediate and stellar support. Please contact us at support@myworkshosting.com if you have any questions at all.

As evidenced by our numerous support and updates to the module, we are continually tweaking it (as we use it every day in-house) with bigger and better features. We won't be going away anytime soon, and we certainly feel a responsibility towards our customers where we won't ever leave them high and dry.

@Andreas seems to just have an incorrect settings issue where it was set to process payments on a day different than he was expecting. We walked him through it and he's good to go! :)

Any other questions, feel free to contact us at support@myworkshosting.com or http://clients.myworkshosting.com - we look forward to answering them!

FYI - we're releasing another maintenance update tomorrow, tweaking it a bit and adding some AWESOME new migration features!

but we're not sure what you're referring to when you say you haven't received a call back.

You aren't sure about it because you deleted your comments on your site about it. Where you stated on 7/16/2014 you were calling at the end of the day.

As you can see that is well over 15 days and still no call. This is good information to know just as much as how anything you might develop works. If you can't call back when you say you will then it would seem that the support for the module is lacking.

Returning a call to someone when you say you will is one of the simplest business functions there is. There actually is no valid excuse not to return a call to a client or potential client. Returning a call to someone that you might not want to speak to says more about the character of a company than calling the ones that you enjoy talking to.

Anyway, I have more important issues to deal with than a company trying to pretend to be responsive, when in fact you/they can't return a call to a potential customer.

The humorous thing about it is you had the sale, I had already done enough research to convince myself to make the investment. All it took was a simple call and a few questions and it would have been one more customer and more money in your bank, but you blew it by failing to call. No big deal though I had a blast taking the money and going SCUBA diving.

Good luck and have fun.

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure what you're referring to, unfortunately. Looking in our records, we don't have any support tickets or emails from you - Nor do we have a voicemail from you?

We'd be more than happy to answer any questions over phone, email, support ticket or live chat. If you do have any questions about the module, feel free to PM us your number and we can give you a call. Looks like you have a Skype button - we just PMd you as well.

• 10 months later...

Just updated for WHMCS V6 with some awesome new features!!!

- FULL WHMCS V6 Compatibility: Upgrade to WHMCS V6 with full compatibility and no issues!

- Full Admin Redesign - including WHMCS styles AND New auto-position for Client Summary Page > Billing ID Manage Area

- Included Hook - to optionally disable the sending of ‘Invoice Creation’ emails to clients -because those emails don’t matter if they’re on automatic payments.

- General Performance Update - Certain tasks will run faster, and we’ve tweaked it to maximize performance.

- Module Activation & Update Status - Not certain if your module is activated or up to date? We’ve added new labels to show this instantly

- Brand New Client Area page - we’ve introduced a dedicated client area page - with an easier to customize template file and a dedicated link.

- General Bug Fixes - Squashed certain bugs reported to us.

BUY HERE: MyWorks WHMCS PayPal Billing Agreement Gateway

30% OFF for the rest of July!! Just use the code JULY30!

1. Yes, while no PayPal module handles $0.00 billing - it needs some sort of amount to charge - this is the perfect module to use by setting your free trial amount to $.01, they'll go through the checkout, setup the billing agreement, then when the time comes to upgrade, you already have their payment details to charge them.

Some companies have this actually (charging $0.00) setting the billing agreement. The charge is then made on the next due date.

Would be a great addition. How much is a copy with source code?

Alex - definitely, we agree! I'm going to make sure this feature gets built into the next update - definitely beneficial. However, at the moment, we do have the next best thing - a dedicated client-area page where the client can manage (create or cancel) a billing agreement - with no money changing hands.

A Source code license is $299.99 - you can order using the link below. Thanks! We're here if you have any other questions!

Order WHMCS PayPal Billing Agreement Gateway

• 1 month later...

RELEASED: Version 2.1!

We've release another new version of this extremely popular PayPal Module for WHMCS! The latest and greatest feature is E-Check Support! The module now supports E-Check payments and only marks the invoice paid when the E-Check clears!

To celebrate this new release and the upcoming Labor Day, we're featuring 25% off all modules - use the code LABORDAY!

http://myworks.design/software/whmcs-paypal-billing-agreements-payment-gateway

- NEW! Added E-Check support - now when clients pay with an E-Check, the invoice isn’t marked as paid until the E-Check payment completes!

- Optimized client area page to make more stable

- Migrated ‘Disable Invoice Created Emails’ hook to an integrated module option for easier use.

- Fixed & updated cancel and return URLS.

- Added feature to notify admin if module is disabled.

- General bug fixes

We appreciate your business, and as always, we try our very hardest to include the latest and greatest features in our modules for you! Check out our other modules at http://myworks.design/software

http://myworks.design/software/whmcs-paypal-billing-agreements-payment-gateway

Edited by Infopro
Please Attach Images to Your Posts.

@pmconsulting

Patrick - as we noted to you in your email & support ticket we just received from you as well, we're more than happy to provide support and compatibility with WHMCS-Bridge. As we also asked you in our reply - if you would be able to put us in touch with the WHMCS-bridge developer you're working with, we look forward to corresponding with them to create a solution for our and their module to work in harmony. We look forward to working with you both. Thank you!

• 1 month later...