MyWorks WHMCS PayPal Billing Agreements Payment Gateway

Our WHMCS PayPal Gateway will allow you to charge your customer's PayPal accounts directly, just like a credit card! No longer will you need to worry about PayPal subscriptions or individual PayPal payments!

Tired of dealing with messy PayPal payments, incorrect PayPal subscriptions? Here's the module for you! Now you can correctly factor in account credits, varying invoice amounts, and much more! With our module / gateway, you'll be able to treat your customer's PayPal account like a credit card, charging it whenever necessary - for whatever amount you'd like!

Once the customer sets up the billing agreement by going through the PayPal checkout process once and clicking Agree to set up the Billing Agreement, they'll never need to go through the PayPal Checkout process ever again - which means easy one-click ordering for them on your site for them in the future!

The Billing Agreement ID will be saved to their WHMCS account profile, so it's easily viewable by you - and able to be modified or deleted if needed.

We've taken all the hassle out of coding and API's, so you can offer your customers a seamless checkout and billing experience - and enjoy an easier back-end billing process as well!

Our PayPal Billing Agreement module features:

No Monthly PayPal Fees!

No extra charges or fees through PayPal for you!

PayPal Billing Agreement Functionality

Utilize PayPal's Billing Agreement API's to easily charge your customers custom amounts when you choose!

Existing PayPal Gateway Compatibility

Already using the standard PayPal gateway? No worries - keep using it in conjunction with this gateway!

Cron Job Integration

Charge your customers with regularity since this module integrates with cron jobs! They'll be charged with this module automatically when the cron job runs and their invoice is due.

On-Demand Billing Module

Don't want to create an invoice? Quickly charge a customer (must have already setup a billing agreement) using our QuickCharge module. It will automatically generate an invoice and optionally send an invoice creation and / or payment receipt to your customer!

Refund Compatibility

Need to quickly refund a transaction? No problem - just use the built-in refunds section in the Invoice panel to refund your customer straight to their paypla account!

Invoice Integration

Want to charge your customer for an invoice ahead of time? No problem, this module integrates with the Attempt Capture button on the admin invoice page, so you can automatically capture the invoice amount whenever you choose!

Billing Agreement Visibility

Need to cancel or reset a billing agreement? Your customer's billing agreement ID will be shown on their Customer Profile tab in the admin. You can change this or delete it to force them to setup a new Billing Agreement when checking out or paying for an invoice next.

Easy One-Click Ordering

After your customer sets up the Billing Agreement by simply checking out through PayPal's Express Checkout for the first time, they'll never have to go through that process again. They'll simply need to click 'Order' or 'Pay' on the checkout page or invoice screen to pay.

Easy Seamless Billing Agreement Setup

Just like your customer goes through the PayPal Checkout Process now with the standard PayPal module, they will go through the exact same process the first time they checkout with this gateway to agree to the Billing Agreement, then they'll never have to go through it again, they'll be automatically charged in the future.

Custom PayPal Checkout Page Variable

Created custom checkout pages in your PayPal account? Perfect! Easily set this module to use a specific custom page theme when your customer goes through the PayPal Checkout Process the first time they checkout using the gateway.

This module is a 360° solution for WHMCS owners - giving you complete control over customers using PayPal accounts to pay for your services. You'll be able to easily charge them whenever you need to, for amounts set by you, just like a credit card. This module will integrate with your invoices, so you can use the Attempt Capture button to capture payment for an existing unpaid invoice, or quickly charge a customer and create an invoice at the same time, using our QuickCharge module - and be able to optionally send payment confirmation / invoice creation emails at the same time.

Never deal with PayPal subscriptions again! Gone are the days of trying to adjust your subscriptions to recognize customer account credits, changing monthly invoice amounts, and more!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct. We do offer a source code version for a premium, providing an NDA is signed and we're provided with a small background of the individual / company purchasing it.

I highly doubt anyone wants to run encrypted payment gateway code, especially when you've just registered on these forums. There's no guarantee that there's no back doors or you won't disappear in a month, rendering the code useless. In any case, good luck with your sales. It's a shame too, the plugin looked cool.

Bubka, definitely understand your worries. However, we've been developing PHP software and plugins for the past 3 years for other platforms, like OpenCart and osCommerce. We run a small web hosting company for e-commerce site owners, and developed this module purely out of our need to work with something different than PayPal Subscriptions, and want to share our product with other owners!

We've seen great sales, both on the encoded license and the NDA / open-source side of things, and we'd be more than open to an inspection by WHMCS themselves or a third party developer.

If you're interested in an open-source version of this, contact us and we'll be more than happy to work it out with you.

We all have to start somewhere, and trust us, we're not going anywhere. :)

True, which is why we made sure to say 'Extra'. Each payment through Paypal is charged fees, so that fee wouldn't be considered as an 'extra' fee, but a default or standard fee.

well if you use Paypal subscriptions or one off payments then you only pay their standard fees, you dont pay any extra fees because you are accepting subscriptions

well if you use Paypal subscriptions or one off payments then you only pay their standard fees, you dont pay any extra fees because you are accepting subscriptions

Ummm...yes. Same thing with the billing agreements you use through our module.

Bottom line - if you accept a payment through paypal, you're going to pay a fee, no matter how you get the payment. However, through our module, you'll be able to setup a billing agreement allowing you to bill the customer for custom amounts on custom dates, unlike subscriptions.

Disclaimer: You'll still be charged a transaction fee, because Paypal, like many of us is still a business trying to make some money. If that changes tomorrow and they start offering free payments, we'll adjust our description accordingly.

Hi All!

This is the support and updates page for the WHMCS PayPal Billing Agreements module we released earlier this month.

It's been a huge hit, and we appreciate all of your support and feedback! Feel free to post any questions on this thread, and we'll be keeping you updated in regards to the roadmap and updates to this module!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I'm interested to purchase this module :) What i need to know is following:

- Does it allow for so called 'trial' or 0.00 billing, just to after x days charge customer regular price?

- Can this module version, version 1.3, be considered as full stable and reliable to be used in live environment?

- Do you have intention to supply ongoing support and develop it further? It is very important if some bugs appears. But actually as a payment module it must work flawlessly.

- Do I need to activate PayPal Pro in my PayPal business account for this to work?

Please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Hello again,

I saw following at PayPal support pages:

A reference transaction must have occurred within the past 365 days because the ID may not be available after a year.

Does this apply for the functionality of this module??

Please let me know.

Regards.

Hi there, glad to answer those questions!

1. Yes, while no PayPal module handles $0.00 billing - it needs some sort of amount to charge - this is the perfect module to use by setting your free trial amount to $.01, they'll go through the checkout, setup the billing agreement, then when the time comes to upgrade, you already have their payment details to charge them.

2. Absolutely, you are good to go to use this in a live environment. We do have 1.4 in the works to be released soon, and that has a couple new features.

3. Definitely. We developed this first for our business use, and after some testing and refining decided to offer it to the WHMCS community as well. We want to keep making it better for our use, and therefore we definitely have a development roadmap and extend our great support to you who purchase this module as well.

4. No, you do not need to activate PayPal pro, you do however, need to have Reference Transactions enabled on your account. Our documentation explains in detail how to accomplish that.

5. To answer your other question - PayPal re-uses its billing agreement IDs, so if you haven't used it in a year, it will be available to be used. However, this doesn't apply to yearly billing - if you're charging someone once a year, it's not an issue. Once every two years, however, probably would be.

if you're charging someone once a year, it's not an issue. Once every two years, however, probably would be.

Thanks for your detailed answers.

OK, what if following scenario occurs.

Client order domain and web hosting plan with biennially or triennially invoicing period. What will happen then?

Cheers.

Our pleasure!

Sure, in that scenario, there'd be no problem using our module, and it's even possible that the billing agreement ID would stay valid for that time (but not guaranteed past 365 days). Worst case scenario, though, it expires after 365 days, and when they need to pay again in 2 or three years, they would just need to recheckout using our module or a different one and pay through Paypal.

If they recheck out with our module, they'd setup a new billing agreement which wouldn't hurt as you don't need to use it, but it's there if you need to charge them.

Our pleasure!Worst case scenario, though, it expires after 365 days, and when they need to pay again in 2 or three years, they would just need to recheckout using our module or a different one and pay through Paypal.

So automatic payment will fail and we need to contact them manually and urge to go to payment process again? That can be heavy task if managing thousands of customer.

Maybe you can add a function so that this module checks if there is a valid agreement ID, if not, to send a customer an alternative payment link? In that way, if that is automated, I could us it definitely. But maybe you are already thinking on this?

My point is: Payment should be an automated task, without admin intervention.

Cheers.

We are actually in the process of keeping the billing agreement ID status updated in the admin. We can definitely extend this to a variable that you can use to notify a customer with.

By an alternative payment link, I'm not sure what you mean. With our module, your client:

1. Either has a billing agreement ID and the payment goes through automatically.

2. Does not have a billing agreement ID and must pay with the module where it will act like a normal PayPal module and take them through Express Checkout to setup an ID.

Overall, this module is a huge improvement to both the admin AND client experience. You say without admin intervention, and we agree - but how much time as an admin do you spend now with the standard paypal modules - either using one time payments or subscriptions? With one-time payments, a client will still need to pay each time, and with subscriptions, if you ever wanted to change the client's payment amount or invoice, add a credit to their account, etc., you'll go through endless crap, having to cancel the subscription, and have the customer re-setup the subscription, screwing up due dates, and looking rather unprofessional.

Our module gives you that professional facade where as an admin, you'll be 100% confident that your PayPal customers will be charged - on time, and with the correct amount.

We recognize your concern, and will do our best to include it in the next release of the module. However, we've never seen a case where you have that many customers on a plan where you don't receive income from them in more than a year's period. As a side thought, you could always charge them at least a penny per year to keep the agreement intact.

- - - Updated - - -

So automatic payment will fail and we need to contact them manually and urge to go to payment process again? That can be heavy task if managing thousands of customer.

Cheers.

Yes, but that's how you do it now - if you have any other PayPal module, they'll need to pay per order / invoice anyways, so the worst that can happen is not 'you contacting them manually' as your WHMCS payment notification emails should take care of that, letting them know they either have a payment due or overdue. Then they simply log onto their client area, and pay with our gateway.

By an alternative payment link, I'm not sure what you mean. With our module, your client:

1. Either has a billing agreement ID and the payment goes through automatically.

2. Does not have a billing agreement ID and must pay with the module where it will act like a normal PayPal module and take them through Express Checkout to setup an ID.

This sounds good to me!

In other words, IF client DOES NOT have a billing agreement, after unsuccessful charge attempt by WHMCS, client will automatically receive an email telling him that he need to login and manually perform payment!?

Am I right? :)

Reference Transactions is just setup or need paypal to enable this feature (that's may not be avaible to all country) ?

I got some confused answers from PayPal customer service regarding this. First, they sent me to support forum for developers, so I registered me there.

After sending question to their techs, they answered me that it is an administrative issue, not technical.

So now I'm not sure what is what...

- - - Updated - - -

Easy One-Click Ordering

After your customer sets up the Billing Agreement by simply checking out through PayPal's Express Checkout for the first time...

I'm ready to order this addon, but I'm using AJAX cart. Wondering if clients must use PayPal's Express Checkout first time, or they can just use PayPal Standard?

Please let me know.

Cheers.

• 1 month later...
Has anyone use this plugin/addon.

I looks like it may solve my issues with WHMCS and paypal subscriptions

I purchased this module recently, however, it cannot be activated because PayPal requires you to upgrade to PayPal Payments Pro in order to enable Reference Transactions on your account, which must be enabled for this module to work. I have tried to get PayPal to simply enable Reference Transactions, without any success, even when following the directions provided by the plugin developers.. So this module is pretty much useless to me now, since I have to upgrade to PayPal Payments Pro. If I have that, I have no need for the plugin.. :roll:

I purchased this module recently, however, it cannot be activated because PayPal requires you to upgrade to PayPal Payments Pro in order to enable Reference Transactions on your account, which must be enabled for this module to work. I have tried to get PayPal to simply enable Reference Transactions, without any success, even when following the directions provided by the plugin developers.. So this module is pretty much useless to me now, since I have to upgrade to PayPal Payments Pro. If I have that, I have no need for the plugin.. :roll:

same issue here, but my sale contact said my account is already enable but tech said it's not