Invalid Token Even After Upgrade to 5.2.12

XiNiX

I have the "Invalid Token" error issue after upgrading to v5.2.14. Submitted a support request on 12/5/13. I have cleared the cache in the system, cleared the cache in my browser (IE 10 and Chrome), and preformed a re-upload of the v5.2.14 installation files and still have the error. I am still waiting for a reply since yesterday. I am very frustrated as this error appears when I am trying to create a manual invoice. They seem to not seem to not think it is that important.

I am not a happy camper.

FYI - This quick fix does not work either: /http://www.randallkent.com/whmcs/whmcs-invalid-token-error-resolved

We were able to fix this by checking that PHP sessions were working - it turns out the permissions of the session.save_path from /etc/php.ini were incorrect after the recent PHP 5.3.3-27 update from the CentOS repository which was released on Dec 12.

You can check if sessions are working by running the following PHP script:

<?php

error_reporting(E_ALL);
ini_set('display_errors','On');

session_start();
$_SESSION['test_var'] = '1';
if ($_SESSION['test_var']): echo "Sessions work"; else: die('Sessions do not work!'); endif;

?>

If your sessions are not working, check the permissions on your session.save_path directory with the following command (replace /var/lib/php/session with your session.save_path if different):

chmod 1733 /var/lib/php/session

This should look something like:

drwx-wx-wt 2 root apache 38064128 Dec 16 11:46 /var/lib/php/session

You can fix the permissions with:

chmod 1733 /var/lib/php/session

Hope this helps anyone else with the same problem.

Cheers,

Chris