iWHMCS not compatible with IOS7

Well, I purchased a copy of Hostbill and will be leaving WHMCS because of the lack of support regarding this addon, that I paid for, yet cannot use! I will never recommend WHMCS to anyone. Support is poor, support team member attitudes are poor, and WHMCS just doesnt give a **************** about us paying customers!

You see tons of FREE apps available for iPhone being updated, yet a app i PAID for hasnt been updated in years! Very poor customer service!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be doing the same thing in the upcoming week! I am sick and tired of paying for an app that I cannot even use, and when I contacted support, i basically got a "we dont care, and we dont know when we will get around to fixing it" response.

I paid 40$ for what, an app that I cannot even use, and I asked to exchange it for a copy of the Mobile Edition which is 10$ cheaper, I was refused.

WHMCS is willing to take money in, but wont take the time to actually give us a decent product that will work like it is advertised! The app should have been fixed BEFORE ios 7 was released! like other app developers do.

WHMCS customer service and Tech support are poor and needs improvement, WHMCS it self is a good product, but the addons should work as advertised!

I will not recommend WHMCS to anyone, and will be selling my license in the upcoming weeks.

the iWHMCS app and iOS7 doesnt work properly. Every time I open the app it crashes. Have not been able to use it! Have not even been able to open it!!

Waste of $40

When we ask about an update, all we get is there is no time frame for a update, so more or less they dont care, but they are willing to continue take money for a useless piece of garbage.

STAY AWAY FROM THE iWHMCS app

you guys should be yelling at apple not WHMCS, they never said it was going to work with 7 did they....

So when all the addons and themes, etc.. for WHMCS no longer work with newer versions is that WHMCS's fault ? I dont think so. When one system is updated, add-ons and other features, themes, need to be updated along with it!

Its an addon they offer and advertise works with iPhone, but it doesnt! They recognize it does have some issues right now with the new ios update, if they are going to sell a product, at least make sure it works with the device it is intended for.

You see FREE apps updated before the ios update is even available to the general public, this is a paid app, and support should be a little bit better.

they did not adv. it works with 7... it's like buying a new car and yelling at Chevy because your stereo don't fit no more...

I don;t see one post that asked anyone if it would work with 7.. it's YOUR FAULT...

Have you even taken the time to read the whmcs page for the iphone addon? http://www.whmcs.com/addons/iphone-app/

No where does it say it only works on ios so and so....

it says, "The iPhone app for WHMCS lets you manage your business in a truly mobile way. Fully integrated with the main online version, but specifically designed for the iPhone, iWHMCS lets you stay in control even when you’re away from your desk. Functionality includes:

Browse and manage clients & orders

Create and send invoices

View and respond to support tickets

Send emails & call clients in one touch

View whose online and recent activity"

Well it DOESNT do that! It would be like buying that chevy and the stereo from the factory not working, but its there and looks good, but is totally useless!

• 2 weeks later...

I have 2 WHMCS installations and one works with the APP while the other just shuts down immediately. The only difference I can see is that one has more customers and it has a customized admin page. (I tried to remove the annoying slow loading red bar but never managed to do it) I'm using iOS7 although iOS6 was a little buggy as well.

Thanks

Dave Geoghegan

http://www.webworld.ie

• 2 weeks later...

HAHAHA Ive been asking this question since the iOS 7 update was released. I don't even think its on their to do list.. It's a joke! We pay $40.00 basically to get scammed by them, ohh buy our app, yet the damn thing doesn't work! Even now the damn thing doesnt work, yet they are still selling it. Shame on you WHMCS.

- - - Updated - - -

Its like someone needs to exploit some bug in the app, so someone can claim a a $5000 reward to get someone to look at it!

- - - Updated - - -

So while it's not a week a way, it definitely will be out this year.

http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?39890-iPhone-App-update&p=330231#post330231

Lets see if they stick to their word, my guess they won't.

HAHAHA Ive been asking this question since the iOS 7 update was released. I don't even think its on their to do list.. It's a joke! We pay $40.00 basically to get scammed by them, ohh buy our app, yet the damn thing doesn't work! Even now the damn thing doesnt work, yet they are still selling it. Shame on you WHMCS.

- - - Updated - - -

Its like someone needs to exploit some bug in the app, so someone can claim a a $5000 reward to get someone to look at it!

- - - Updated - - -

http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?39890-iPhone-App-update&p=330231#post330231

Lets see if they stick to their word, my guess they won't.

Here's word you can bet that I'll be sticking to, if you continue on in this fashion with your posting style, I'm going to remove you from the forum.

It is being updated.

It's not a joke.

You were not scammed and I find this comment most offensive.

Posting offense comments all over this forum as you have been, for months, ends with that quoted post above.

Thank you in advance for your understanding.

You were not scammed and I find this comment most offensive.

Posting offense comments all over this forum as you have been, for months, ends with that quoted post above.

Thank you in advance for your understanding.

For what is worth, I think paying $40 for a barely functional app does entitle people to a certain degree of frustration. I don't think the forum will be a better place if people can't express themselves.

I didn't find the comment offensive at all. Maybe a bit too high tempered, but justifiably so.

- - - Updated - - -

I believe they should at least put a disclaimer that the current version does NOT work with ios7

Absolutely. It takes 3 minutes of work, and ends the discussion. I'm more worried about the lack of updates of this app (and lots of bugs) than about iOS7 compatibility though.

Hi Stormy, thank you for your feedback.

The cart has been updated to state that the app is not compatible with iOS7 at this time.

Everyone is free to express themselves on these forums. And I can understand the frustration here as I have the app as well. But the offensive attacks and repeated recent postings across many threads is indeed, offensive, and disruptive.

This thread, now 5 pages long with multiple threads merged into it and has comments of many types, all are interested in one thing, an update to the app. iOS7 came out 2 months ago. The past 2 months have been a very busy time in the land of WHMCS as you are surely aware of by now.

This situation will be resolved.

Let's be clear on one thing though, stating that WHMCS is scamming it's users is indeed, offensive. That's not expressing one's self, that's clearly being offensive to try and get some movement. Like this, also offensive comment by the same user:

Making jokes about exploits is not acceptable.

This app has been frustrating and it hasn't properly worked for me even before iOS 7. I know I have got my self worked up over it, I just want a product I paid for to work as it was supposed to. Updates have been lacking, does whmcs need a team to focus on the app? More beta testers? Like we the community are behind whmcs and want to see a better product. I appolgise if you took offense to my comments, I just want to see an update and I will chill and let whmcs do their work and hope we see a update soon like mentioned.

If you don't like my jokes about exploits then whmcs should patch or get an external audit done so no one can, it just seems like whmcs does want to fix the problems that seem to be arising laitly but it seems like extreme measures like such have to happen to get a response and an update.

I know I am not the only one frustrated by the lack of support and updates regarding the app, we should be able to use it, no matter what version iOS we have, it's for apple products and designed with the iPhone in mind, but it doesn't work, do we get compensation for this, no.

I just hope to see an update sometime soon!

Sometimes it takes a 'movement' to get a response, I was just expressing my feeligs towards the app and letting whmcs know how pissed off I am regarding this app. By no means is it a cheap app, and you multiply that by how many people have purchased it, I'm sure that add up to a nice sum of coin, an update is well over due!!

Infopro,

I just went to http://www.whmcs.com/addons/iphone-app/ and looked and it is not listed as not working with IOS7

I do see that if you hit the add to cart button then it is there

"Product Configuration

The product/service you have chosen has the following configuration options for you to choose from.

Product/Service

WHMCS Addons - iPhone App

Currently not compatible with iOS 7 "

Wouldn't the product description page be a much more appropriate place for this information?