v5.2.4 Daily Cron Only Running New Invoices

When the Daily Cron runs, it is only running the invoices that are new for the day, not invoices that did not go through in the past. I checked the settings, and "Retry Once a Week" is not ticked. This was working properly in 5.1.x, but was broken in 5.2.3 and 5.2.4.

I am having similar problems with cron since the upgrade to 5.2.4 stable

it creates the days invoices, but does nothing else. It does not run the days cc payments, or do any of the other maintenance. It sends no email on completion. When running it manually, it does exactly the same thing. I did re-save the automation settings, it made no difference.

just as bad, all the cpanel module buttons now do nothing at all.

i submitted a ticket yesterday, no joy on that score yet either.

it is completing in a manner it stops without any errors. It doesn't hang. It does not show completed in the log however, just x invoices generated and nothing else after that. Same thing with a manual run, it prints out the invoices part, then drops back to the prompt.

I did mange to fix it - I re-downloaded and re-unpacked the file, then uploaded it all again. I can only assume there was a corruption of some sort the first time I downloaded it. cron completes and cpanel buttons work again. so PHEW.

I'm not sure if I have your issue as well, will keep an eye out for it.

We did receive a fix from Matt for 5.2.3 for this a new ccfunctions.php which did fix the problem of not re charging invoices that were overdue on the daily cron and/or Attempt CC Capture

However this created another problem, which stopped the daily cron email being sent, and suspension's as the script seems to error at the end.

We have updated Matt in regards to it.

We did receive a fix from Matt for 5.2.3 for this a new ccfunctions.php which did fix the problem of not re charging invoices that were overdue on the daily cron and/or Attempt CC Capture

However this created another problem, which stopped the daily cron email being sent, and suspension's as the script seems to error at the end.

We have updated Matt in regards to it.

Thanks - would it be possible for you to PM me the ccfunctions.php file or attach here?

This is a new problem to me also, I cant see a fix for it, no logs to show no errors displaying, the cron job just gets so far through and then dies.

Mine dies at Cron Job: Starting Processing Invoice Reminder Notices

I just noticed as typing this that i use a custom hook at the email point in my old version: 5.1.3 and i suspect that is the breaker.

I am going to investigate now and see what comes of it i will get back to you as soon as i know more.

EDIT:: this was not the problem in my case, solution still unknown, I think this is a general cron error and not just a problem with creditcards but i cant be sure.

Latest EDIT:: I have just removed all of the hooks from /includes/hooks/ other than the one for live chat and the cron job ran right up until it hit the database backup, which means the job actually completed this time. but the backup job started and hung, although i dont back up with whmcs.

CHECK YOUR CUSTOM HOOKS/MODULES ARE UPTO DATE

Edited by CDJ Hosting

This is a new problem to me also, I cant see a fix for it, no logs to show no errors displaying, the cron job just gets so far through and then dies.

Mine dies at Cron Job: Starting Processing Invoice Reminder Notices

I just noticed as typing this that i use a custom hook at the email point in my old version: 5.1.3 and i suspect that is the breaker.

I am going to investigate now and see what comes of it i will get back to you as soon as i know more.

EDIT:: this was not the problem in my case, solution still unknown, I think this is a general cron error and not just a problem with creditcards but i cant be sure.

Latest EDIT:: I have just removed all of the hooks from /includes/hooks/ other than the one for live chat and the cron job ran right up until it hit the database backup, which means the job actually completed this time. but the backup job started and hung, although i dont back up with whmcs.

CHECK YOUR CUSTOM HOOKS/MODULES ARE UPTO DATE

Thanks for your information.

I removed namecheapssl hook and its working now..!!

THE OP is about a bug in the CRON that is only running that days invoices, not past due invoices. This is a different issue than if your CRON is not completing for some reason. Please keep this thread focused on the reported bug.

THE OP is about a bug in the CRON that is only running that days invoices, not past due invoices. This is a different issue than if your CRON is not completing for some reason. Please keep this thread focused on the reported bug.

That might be the case, or it could well be linked. its a part of the daily cron job to run the invoices so it could very well be the answer you're all looking for. just because my hook point was failing at emails doesn't mean yours wouldn' fail at the credit card processing if your using a module from the old system. think about it.

There are many "hook points" during the cron run, you could have just one in use as is my case or you could have several, any one or all of those old modules could cause it to fail and for some reason there is no log, no error and no completion. although, i suspect if you have access to the crontab logs you would see some error or another in those logs.

Edited by CDJ Hosting

That might be the case, or it could well be linked. its a part of the daily cron job to run the invoices so it could very well be the answer you're all looking for. just because my hook point was failing at emails doesn't mean yours wouldn' fail at the credit card processing if your using a module from the old system. think about it.

There are many "hook points" during the cron run, you could have just one in use as is my case or you could have several, any one or all of those old modules could cause it to fail and for some reason there is no log, no error and no completion. although, i suspect if you have access to the crontab logs you would see some error or another in those logs.

The posted bug is when the CRON is run, it is only running new invoices. This is happening on complete CRON runs. Incomplete CRON runs are a separate issue.

I'm experiencing this problem too. Removed all hooks just to test--same results. Running "Attempt CC Captures" from the admin home page only attempts to charge 5 invoices that are due to be paid today--none of the past due invoices.