[NOT A BUG] Cron Job Format Version: 5.2.2

• WHMCS CEO

Ok so just to check I'm understanding this, the general concensus is you would like an extra line space back between each item on the list, and want a full list of everyone who gets sent an invoice reminder? As the lists of who gets suspended/terminated/etc... are still there in the new format.

Matt

Hi Matt,

Many hosts out there do look at these logs on a daily basis, so having them set out neatly and easily will make our jobs easier, the general consensus of this request is as you have stated:

1. Extra line space back between each task,

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Updated Currency Exchange Rates

45 Invoices Created

Late Invoice Fees added to Invoices #10000, #20000

2. Suspended accounts (list the service - eg. domain.com with a line break between each one). It would be great if you could list the Service ID with a hyperlink, that way we can click them :)

4 Services Suspended

- Suspended Service: Client Name - Plan -Domain Name (Service ID: 200 - User ID: 100)

- Suspended Service: Client Name - Plan -Domain Name (Service ID: 200 - User ID: 100)

Ok will see what I can do :)

The reason behind the change was to evolve and improve the report....

Matt

I think other would agree with me here, this was merely a downgrade as to what was previously in place. Improvement or evolution is an understatement, this report looks like it was created in the B.C era.

Ok will see what I can do :)

The reason behind the change was to evolve and improve the report, so with just some slight tweaking I think the new format can be even better than it was before.

Matt

When I try to read the new cron report, my eyes roll into my head. It's very hard to distinguish the different tasks that have been run and their statuses. There is nothing wrong with evolving, but removing styles and making things unreadable is hardly an evolution.

The new format looks much better

BUT:

I run my cron with the following command:

php -q /home/username/public_html/whmcs/admin/cron.php

I Always got the result of the cron (logfile) in an email. Now I am getting 2 messages, 1 from the server too:

title: Cron <username@servername> php -q /home/username/public_html/whmcs/admin/cron.php

with in the message:

Cron Job Report for Thursday 25th April 2013 @ 08:00:06<br /><br />5 Invoices Created<br /><br />0 Late Fees Added<br /><br />2 Unpaid Invoice Payment Reminders Sent to Invoice Numbers 10,20<br /><br />0 Overdue Invoice Reminders Sent<br /><br />6 Domain Renewal Notices Sent<br /><br />0 Cancellation Requests Processed<br /> <br /><br />0 Services Suspended<br /><br /><br />0 Services Terminated<br /> <br /><br />0 Fixed Term Terminations Processed<br /><br />0 Pending Affiliate Payments Cleared<br /><br />Processed Email Marketer Rules<br /><br />0 Credit Card Expiry Notices Sent<br /><br />

does anyone know what is causing this?

• 2 weeks later...
Hi WIS hosting,

Add the following to the end of the cron:

> /dev/null 2>&1

That's what I had to do a while ago to get rid of the second email.

And the format is now back to the way it was (and very much readable!) - Thanks!

That is not a good idea, you might get an error report from the cron, it does happen occasionally on a system update, so if you are not sending the email such problems could well go undetected for quite a while.

The problem here is not the cron tab in itself but in its limitation on how it handles things, Any output is treated in the same way an error is so therefore you get the second email from the system.