[FIXED] Shopping cart not working after upgrade

m107

Makes you wish it was at least partially open source so we ourselves could go in and correct problems instead of waiting on WHMCS to do it. Guess today is a vacation day. There's nothing I can do, can't accept any incoming payments (whmcs registers no payments from payment gateways). Awesome billing system they got here. It will completely take your business offline at least 3-4 times a year (whenever there's a security release that probably already resulted in comprimising your entire business because WHMCS can't be bothered to check their ****************ing code).

RRRRRRRAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

What other options are there? I want to get rid of this ****************.

I can't believe I have 3 licenses of this crap. I'm glad I only have 1 site that is dependent on this software. Wonder how much money WHMCS is going to make me miss out on today. Will probably be more than the value of the license. Wonder if I can get a refund.

I wish modernbill never sold out to PSA.

Edited by senseless

Makes you wish it was at least partially open source so we ourselves could go in and correct problems instead of waiting on WHMCS to do it. Guess today is a vacation day. There's nothing I can do, can't accept any incoming payments (whmcs registers no payments from payment gateways). Awesome billing system they got here. It will completely take your business offline at least 3-4 times a year (whenever there's a security release that probably already resulted in comprimising your entire business because WHMCS can't be bothered to check their ****************ing code).

RRRRRRRAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

What other options are there? I want to get rid of this ****************.

I can't believe I have 3 licenses of this crap. I'm glad I only have 1 site that is dependent on this software. Wonder how much money WHMCS is going to make me miss out on today. Will probably be more than the value of the license. Wonder if I can get a refund.

I wish modernbill never sold out to PSA.

Yes i agree with all you said there must be loads of web hosting businesses offline due to this, its not on,

We put all ours back to old version for now just glad i had backups of it all.

Yes i agree with all you said there must be loads of web hosting businesses offline due to this, its not on,

We put all ours back to old version for now just glad i had backups of it all.

Which now has a known vulnerability. I'm sure there are dozens of hackers comparing file sizes to see what files changed so they can start find the bug and start targeting non-upgraded platforms. You're take a pretty big risk.

It seems to me they quit testing the platform before making releases.

I should have never purchased the lifetime license. I'm seriously considering bolting to another system and being as I just purchased the lifetime license, I'm thinking about asking for a refund. No matter what move we make here, we're pigeon-held by WHMCS by either a vulnerable setup or a defunct patch.

I should have never purchased the lifetime license. I'm seriously considering bolting to another system and being as I just purchased the lifetime license, I'm thinking about asking for a refund. No matter what move we make here, we're pigeon-held by WHMCS by either a vulnerable setup or a defunct patch.

Don't blame you but what would you use instead of WHMCS ?

why do so many people still rush to upgrade straight away, then complain if support does not answer support tickets within minutes. I always test a stable release on a dev. licence for at least 2 months before ever considering upgrading production install.

And yes you can fully test beta on a dev. licence, all you do is make an account in your own name and place orders through this.

why do so many people still rush to upgrade straight away,

This is generally what happens when the "upgrade" is predicated with "CRITICAL SECURITY PATCH".

then complain if support does not answer support tickets within minutes.

No one would need a reply if they wouldn't mislabel their software "Stable" when it is actually ALPHA would we?

I always test a stable release on a dev. licence for at least 2 months before ever considering upgrading production install.

Do you advertise this to all hackers out there? Hopefully your customers won't see this either because just a few months back the PCI Compliancy guys got rather annoyed (huge understatement) with my company for using a 7 day out-dated version of WHMCS.

And yes you can fully test beta on a dev. licence, all you do is make an account in your own name and place orders through this.

Who said anything about a Beta? Again these patches and releases were listed as STABLE RELEASE. Not, RELEASE CANDIDATE, NOT PRE-RELEASE, and NOT BETA.

Edited by leewells

Do you advertise this to all hackers out there? Hopefully your customers won't see this either because just a few months back the PCI Compliancy guys got rather annoyed (huge understatement) with my company for using a 7 day out-dated version of WHMCS.

the security patch for 5.1.3 is 5.1.4, so not need to upgrade straight away to 5.2.1. my servers are well locked down so hackers wont get in and as far as PCI Compliancy even using 5.1.4 we are still compliant. their is always bugs etc. when a stable is first released. i would rather keep 5.1.4 and a fully working WHMCS then upgrade and find the upgrade breaks parts due to bugs, and then stand in support queues ( always happens with stable releases)

the security patch for 5.1.3 is 5.1.4, so not need to upgrade straight away to 5.2.1. my servers are well locked down so hackers wont get in and as far as PCI Compliancy even using 5.1.4 we are still compliant. their is always bugs etc. when a stable is first released. i would rather keep 5.1.4 and a fully working WHMCS then upgrade and find the upgrade breaks parts due to bugs, and then stand in support queues ( always happens with stable releases)

People are still having issues on the patches. I have 3 installs of WHMCS for redundancy, two of which can only be accessed from the company LAN IP's. Both 5.0.4, 5.1.4, and 5.2.1 all have the same shopping cart problem, login problems, email problems, and the whole lot of bugs. Go check your system right now, I guarantee you it won't send email and you're getting errors in your system logs stating "invalid email address". The problem is, we're pigeon-held. We, to keep our customers safe, were forced to patch or upgrade to "STABLE RELEASES" that are anything but stable or a release.

5.1.3 to 5.1.4 hotfix completely broke my WHMCS.

Incoming payments no longer register in the billing platform. Several others having the same problem. I will need to sit here all day manually processing payments.

People are still having issues on the patches. I have 3 installs of WHMCS for redundancy, two of which can only be accessed from the company LAN IP's. Both 5.0.4, 5.1.4, and 5.2.1 all have the same shopping cart problem, login problems, email problems, and the whole lot of bugs. Go check your system right now, I guarantee you it won't send email and you're getting errors in your system logs stating "invalid email address". The problem is, we're pigeon-held. We, to keep our customers safe, were forced to patch or upgrade to "STABLE RELEASES" that are anything but stable or a release.

i have the 5.1.4 patch on my production install and the 5.2.1 on dev licence. both have sent emails through mass mail with issue or any reported errors also shopping cart is working fine.

5.1.3 to 5.1.4 hotfix completely broke my WHMCS.

Incoming payments no longer register in the billing platform. Several others having the same problem. I will need to sit here all day manually processing payments.

did you not backup the files that the 5.1.4 patch was asking you to replace as if you did then you could just upload the saved 5.1.3 files and all will be back to 5.1.3

@senseless Do you have email issue too? I have removed all files and folder but configuration.php and reuploaded the latest stable (lol, stable? these guys dont know the meaning of stable) and my only problem is shopping card now. Also there was a problem with pipe files permission which I changed. For the email I suggest you to check your account in WHMCS to see if its in any support departments? My account was in 2 departments which been invoked after upgrade!

On topic, I dont know why WHMCS guys at least do not accept the issue and tell us they are working on it! Its been 12 hours after my upgrade and am losing money here!!! They just disappeared no response, no reply, no email! :twisted:

How is this marked as fixed?!! I have re-uploaded in binary mode and its not working yet!

They hotfixed the zip files and didn't mass email or notify anyone. They just quietly mentioned the problem on their blog and twitter and facebook and some other forums (some mistake on their end in the patch (they didn't test it i guess)).

http://blog.whmcs.com/?t=69478

You need to re-download the patched files from there and the problems will be resolved.

thats because its well documented that WHMCS should be uploaded in Binary mode.

As I said, I'm not using ftp. I'm logging into my console, using wget to grab the zip file and then using the CLI unzip to unzip the zip file. Also, they've already stated that the problems were a result of their own error in releasing the incorrect files. It said so on the page I linked before. Again, it seems like you're just blindly defending whmcs with no idea of what's going on.