Free Stripe Payment Gateway with Stripe.js support

jclarke

The module will take care of that for you. We have just switched over and I can confirm that a stored card number was processed correctly through Stripe and a token created. No user/client intervention required.

This module and jclarke are worth choosing.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The module will take care of that for you. We have just switched over and I can confirm that a stored card number was processed correctly through Stripe and a token created. No user/client intervention required.

This module and jclarke are worth choosing.

Awesome! I am really interested in getting switched over, the savings seems like it'd be nice! One other question like PayPal will it show the fees? I like the look of things, just don't want to loose cards if it hiccups - and be stuck with customers without a valid CC# should things go wrong!

Lots to consider, but thanks for your feedback! Nice to hear from someone who uses!

Yes - transactions in WHMCS show the fees for payments that arrived through this Stripe module.

Keeps getting better and better :-D Thanks all for the feedback on things, looking forward to giving things a try and add in my support for a great add-on!

I would like to say that Joe Clark with ServerPing.net was a great help getting the Stripe module integrated with my custom shopping cart and client area. He replied to every request in a timely manner very professional. He completed the full integration and less than 12 hours. I would highly recommend Joe Clark with ServerPing.net

Thanks again Joe!

John Davis

Xtreme-Hosting.com

• 3 weeks later...

First, big thanks to Joe - this module works beautifully and please pay him the 15 whether you need support or not as he definitely deserves it!

Next a couple of things that I had questions about, that Joe gave me answers to, but were not related to the module working properly but how it worked in general - great functionality BTW that was not available with worldpay/futurepay that we are currently switching over from after years of using them.

Processing costs appear on the transaction

Users can update their cards in whmcs even though the credit card details are not saved locally (we use the tokens) - we checked the dbase, the card details are defintely NOT there :-)

Users can add their card even before payment is due (if you do it for the customer as admin 'login as client' to do it)

You can process refunds directly through the invoice (with worldpay you had to log into worldpay to do this)

Well impressed Joe. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

I've tested the Stripe module with WHMCS 5.3.x and everything appears to be working properly without having to make any changes. Just make sure that when you upgrade you don't overwrite the custom templates files in your theme (creditcard.tpl and clientareacreditcard.tpl) and that you keep the custom viewcart.tpl for your order form.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We should have an updated template available by the end of the day today, you will receive an email notification when it is available. You can go ahead and upgrade your WHMCS instance to the latest version and keep our custom clientareacreditcard.tpl, the only thing that will not function is the credit card delete button.

• 2 weeks later...

I've noticed that first payment attempt always fails in that no CC payment goes through immediately during ordering. In the Stripe logs it always says it's an invalid credit card number but when client tries again next time, it's working fine.

The upshot is every client that does try again has a 'Credit Card Payment Failed' email recorded and a 'Credit Card Payment Confirmation' email (I lose the order if client does not try again).

I have checked with one other host who has confirmed they have similar issue. Could the above be a bug in the module (like passing an empty credit card number to Stripe according to the logs)?

*Edit

Using latest WHMCS version and Stripe module

Edited by PDS

I've noticed that first payment attempt always fails in that no CC payment goes through immediately during ordering. In the Stripe logs it always says it's an invalid credit card number but when client tries again next time, it's working fine.

This generally happens if you are using a custom theme or order form and the proper changes are not made to your order form and or template or you haven't installed the template files we provide properly. If you would like for us to take a look we do offer commercial support and custom template integration service.

We've not had that problem, first card payment goes through fine so you should probably take up Joe's offer. One thing we did notice and this seems to be Stripe related, there must be something entered in the state/county/province field for the card to process.

The upshot is every client that does try again has a 'Credit Card Payment Failed' email recorded and a 'Credit Card Payment Confirmation' email (I lose the order if client does not try again).

I have checked with one other host who has confirmed they have similar issue. Could the above be a bug in the module (like passing an empty credit card number to Stripe according to the logs)?

*Edit

We are facing the exact same problem. I have verified that all required modifications to the template files and order template files are done correctly. It appears that during the credit card number entered during checkout is not sent to Stripe, therefore Stripe returning an error message "This card number looks invalid".

Parsed Request POST Body:

number: ""

exp_month: "01"

exp_year: "14"

Response body:

type: "card_error"

param: "number"

code: "invalid_number"

The client is then redirected to the creditcard.php file to try paying again. In this screen, all data previously entered is filled in (address details, expiration date, CVC), except the credit card number which is empty. When the client enters his credit card number again now, the payment will go through without problems.

This generally happens if you are using a custom theme or order form and the proper changes are not made to your order form and or template or you haven't installed the template files we provide properly. If you would like for us to take a look we do offer commercial support and custom template integration service.

You're right, thanks Joe.

Using a default WHMCS order form I can see a dropdown list of card choices and start date select that I do not currently have in my cart.

Using a default WHMCS order form I can see a dropdown list of card choices and start date select that I do not currently have in my cart.

It's working fine here as well on order forms which don't use the ccforms but the default CC input form that comes with the order template. With this default one, the client indeed has to select his card type. This field is not present in the ccforms form.

Joe, may I ask you why we have to use the ccforms and can't use the existing form that's available in WHMCS? Seems like payments go through without problems when we don't use ccforms.

It's working fine here as well on order forms which don't use the ccforms but the default CC input form that comes with the order template. With this default one, the client indeed has to select his card type. This field is not present in the ccforms form.

Thanks, I've just done the same (removed link to ccforms) and all good now :)

*Edit

I've noticed this same exact thing. We are also using a custom WHMCS template and that may be why?

Did you get this fixed? If so, how?

Also -- I cannot get recurring billing to work. I know customers can enter their credit card information into my WHMCS and store that, as it stores as a security token. But, it doesn't appear they are getting charged automatically for their next invoice.

I've noticed this same exact thing. We are also using a custom WHMCS template and that may be why?

I think it is as Joe indicated earlier.

I haven't got a satisfactory solution yet as I'm still looking for a possible cause by comparing my custom order form templates against the latest default ones in WHMCS.

Using the WHMCS default viewcart.tpl (no link to ccforms) form seems to fix the 'invalid credit card number' problem but I think this method has PCI compliance issues because credit card details go through the WHMCS server first, whereas the Stripe module uses stripe.js which is more secure as credit card numbers do not go through server.

Using the WHMCS default viewcart.tpl (no link to ccforms) form seems to fix the 'invalid credit card number' problem but I think this method has PCI compliance issues because credit card details go through the WHMCS server first, whereas the Stripe module uses stripe.js which is more secure as credit card numbers do not go through server.

That is correct, if you properly installed our custom order form then your checkout page will use Stripe.js which sends credit card data securely/directly to Stripe and the card numbers never go through your server at all which limits your PCI compliance liability.

That is correct, if you properly installed our custom order form then your checkout page will use Stripe.js which sends credit card data securely/directly to Stripe and the card numbers never go through your server at all which limits your PCI compliance liability.

We have properly installed and configured everything as indicated in the readme.

However, it appears we are still getting the issue where it will show the Credit Card Payment Failed for first transaction and then second transaction it will go through successfully (if credit card info is truly accurate).

Also, anyone else having trouble with recurring billing?