Free Stripe Payment Gateway with Stripe.js support

jclarke

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My customers are getting the error "remote transaction failure. Please contact support" any ideas why? I'm not using the template files, just the gateway as normal credit card processing. When I look at the Stripe logs I'm getting this in the response body:

error:

type: "invalid_request_error"

param: "id"

Did you figure this issue out? We are also having the same problem.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When using this module if the client selects to pay with a credit card from the viewcart screen, on the next screen they are redirected to the credit card payment screen where they enter information collected using Stripe.JS. We don't yet offer support for taking the credit card information from the view cart page.

If you wanted to collect the credit card information from another page besides the WHMCS checkout screens you would need to program that part yourself using stripe.js and save the stripe customer number in the WHMCS client database as the gateway id. After you have stored the gateway id you would then need to call the capture payment api method

Thank you for the response. I have one more question bothering me. The cart right now makes me fill out all the information the CC information. Then when I click check out it takes me to creditcard.php. I fill in the CC info again and process the order but nothing happens. It remains on creditcard.php with no errors. And I'm slowly loosing my mind.

M

I have one more question. I've done the following.. "save the stripe customer number in the WHMCS client database as the gateway id. After you have stored the gateway id you would then need to call the capture payment api method"

Do you mean the stripe customer id? if so I've done everything you said and it only worked after I passed the CC information to the client tbl.

We are currently debating to buy your support or StripeXS...

So, I've read through the info for this addon along with another Stripe add-on for WHMCS and it's not clear to me if this provide what we're looking for. Can you please clarify that with this module we can offer one-time and/or recurring payment processing through Stripe directly from the WHMCS checkout process?

Do you have a demo of this add-on in operation?

Thanks again.

This is a credit card gateway module for WHMCS and can do anything any other WHMCS credit card gateway module can do. WHMCS allows you to charge credits cards once and you can also automatically charge a stored credit card on an invoice due date. The actually card itself is stored at stripe and only the stripe customer number is stored in the WHMCS database.

• 2 weeks later...

A new version of our Stripe WHMCS Gateway module is now available.

What's New?

-A currency field has been added to the gateway configuration allowing you to use this module with other supported currencies.

-The module has been updated to work properly with WHMCS 5.2.1 as well as previous versions of WHMCS (5.0.x and 5.1.x).

• 3 weeks later...

First, thanks for writing such a great piece of software and for giving it to us. Second, what's the best way to verify that stripe.js is working properly and credit cards are not being stored in my database? When I select from tblclients in the database on the command line in mysql I see a last four but nothing in the cardnum field. When I use phpmyadmin I see [bLOB - 0 B] in the cardnum field. Is it working properly? I ask because I integrated stripe with a theme I bought. Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for contributing this to the community--source code and all! It has replaced the ZigNut module for me and seems to be working great so far.

Do customer tokens saved under the zignut module continue to work after the switch to this module? In other words, does information stored under their existing whmcs account including automatic monthly credit card billing continue to work? I have a bunch of customers with stripe tokens. All credit card info is stored on the stripe end. It would be a big problem if all that saved info suddenly stopped working after I switched to this module.

Do customer tokens saved under the zignut module continue to work after the switch to this module? In other words, does information stored under their existing whmcs account including automatic monthly credit card billing continue to work? I have a bunch of customers with stripe tokens. All credit card info is stored on the stripe end. It would be a big problem if all that saved info suddenly stopped working after I switched to this module.

I have never used the the zignut module so I can't say for sure, but as long as they were storing the stripe customer id as the gatewayid in WHMCS then it should continue to function as before.

• 2 weeks later...