Forum Cookies issue

panacheweb

it looks like the forum is not setup properly.. as every time I try to login, it boots me back to the login page for no reason.

This is not rocket science to get this fixed... if whmcs can not do this themselves..

I suggest they hire a professional webmaster that can deal with these issues they can not seem to solve or be bothered to solve.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

it looks like the forum is not setup properly.. as every time I try to login, it boots me back to the login page for no reason.

This is not rocket science to get this fixed... if whmcs can not do this themselves..

I suggest they hire a professional webmaster that can deal with these issues they can not seem to solve or be bothered to solve.

Really? Works absolutely fine here so maybe the problem actually is yours?

The problem is for sure with forum.whmcs.com - I am using Opera browser, and have the same problem. When I log in, the front page of the forum does still not display me as logged in. I solve the problem by manually chaning the url to be http://forum.whmcs.com/index.php (just add the index.php) press enter, and the front page of the forum display me as logged in. It has been like this for months.

The problem is that WHMCS devs DO NOT TEST in OTHER BROWSERS. And after several users complaining about this in the forum for several weeks, they have not done anything about it. No respect for that.

Hi,

I can confirm none of our staff have experienced this issue. I haven't had to login to the forums for months.

I can confirm by the people complaining about this issue, that there is SOMETHING WRONG!!!

This is the type of response I expect from companies that really dont give a care about what people are saying. I am telling you this is a cookie path setup issue, and something is not setup on the forums properly. SO get the paid support, if whmcs was smart enough to get it from VB to come in and check it out and get it corrected.

Edited by panacheweb

I can confirm by the people complaining about this issue, that there is SOMETHING WRONG!!!

so explain why it does not effect EVERYONE!?

If it was a forum issue then EVERYONE would be effected.

It seems strange that since the hostgator issue people just come on these forums to put WHMCS down.

The problem is not related with the cookies (unless you are using https everywhere in firefox, and if that is the case whmcs.com rule should be disabled). The problem is related with either cache headers or cache meta information. As a temporary work around hard refreshing the page would do (CRTL+F5 or CTRL+R depending on the browser).

Please that are not experiencing this problem is either because browser version or because browser cache being disabled.

Regards,

Jorge Oliveira

• WHMCS Support Manager
This is the type of response I expect from companies that really dont give a care about what people are saying.
I can assure you that is not the case. I did not say "Because I'm not experiencing the issue there must not be a problem". As people are reporting whether they are or aren't experiencing a problem I thought I'd contribute my experiences too.

These forums are here for informal interactions and to chat about stuff, it's not an official support channel.

so explain why it does not effect EVERYONE!?

If it was a forum issue then EVERYONE would be effected.

While simplistically, one would think it would affect everyone, it doesn't.

That doesn't mean there isn't a problem. Unless you're implying everyone with the problem is unable to operate a browser? :)

Sure, there must be a common thread, we just don't know it yet. When I went to post this, I had to login and the first time failed. I did a SHIFT-refresh, and I was logged in immediately. I'm not sure whether this implies it's due to some sort of caching or what.

It seems strange that since the hostgator issue people just come on these forums to put WHMCS down.

I agree to some extent, but in this case I'm not putting WHMCS down. They still have the best billing software out there, despite the complainers, who often haven't really thought things through anyway. I just want this forum item solved some day, although I understand it's a tricky one!

Best wishes all :)

That doesn't mean there isn't a problem. Unless you're implying everyone with the problem is unable to operate a browser? :)

I am not implying anything like this, it just seems strange its not effecting everyone.

I just want this forum item solved some day, although I understand it's a tricky one!

it is tricky for WHMCS,

1) do they try and work through the mountain of support tickets they say they have.

2) do they look at why some are having this forum issue.

which do you think is the more crucial one?