Domain Registrations/Renewals Failing

Si

I posted another thread re this being a Nominet issue, but it seems from other posts in other sections of the forums it is more widespread. Here's my scenario on Nominet.

Customer registers a new domain:

They receive email confirming domain registration (BUT Domain is NOT registered)

I have to manually process the domain using the Register button in WHMCS. (Domain Registers successfully)

However the expiry date shows: 00/00/0000 (So I have to manually input this)

The status of the domain shows: Pending (So I have to change this to ACTIVE)

Customer renews a domain:

Customer receives an email confirming domain is renewed (BUT Domain is NOT renewed)

Again, like registration, I manually hit the renewal button in WHMCS (Domain is renewed)

The expiry date is NOT updated (So I update the expiry date manually again)

None of this has anything to do with the cron. (I now understand that). My mistake previously. But Matt has pointed out that the above should all happen without any manual intervention required. It's not happening that way for me.

If you have an issue like the above, please make WHMCS know about it by adding your comments to this post. (Whatever your registrar api might be)

We need as many people to support this to make WHMCS staff recognise it as an important core issue that needs addressed. Thank you.

I have applied this patch and it is still NOT working...

http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?51266-V5-1-Patches

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Matt,

We applied the latest patch and on new orders with domain names it works and sometimes it does not. We use ResellerClub and if it fails it says "error obtaining customer ID' and then the domain status shows pending. I realized if I go to the domain registrar section and click on Configure beside the Rclub active module and simply click Save and then try to approve the order it goes through.

This works for a bit and then today I tried to approve an order and got the same error and had to manually register the domain.

As a side not Rclub is our only 'active' registrar set in whmcs.

Thanks

Hi Matt,

We applied the latest patch and on new orders with domain names it works and sometimes it does not. We use ResellerClub and if it fails it says "error obtaining customer ID' and then the domain status shows pending. I realized if I go to the domain registrar section and click on Configure beside the Rclub active module and simply click Save and then try to approve the order it goes through.

This works for a bit and then today I tried to approve an order and got the same error and had to manually register the domain.

As a side not Rclub is our only 'active' registrar set in whmcs.

Thanks

Same issue here!

hello,

I've latest patched version 5.1.2,

Pending status for domain registration/transfer ss.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3266[/ATTACH]

Active Status for domain registration/transfer ss.

domain status changed pending to active manually (when transfer initiated, it stuck as pending)

active.jpg

in active status mode, domain expiry date & status modes cannot communicate with registrar. (If it is normal)

regards

Edited by tristar

We also have the same issues. All the patches are installed.

1. Transfer fails and says "error obtaining customer ID'. After accepting mannualy, transfer is initiating.

2. Domain registration fails , if new customer sign up , after accepting mannualy , domain is registering.

If the customer is old, domain registration gone fine.

3. Upcoming Domain Renewal Notice not sending to customers.

Please look at this issues and fix as soon as possible!

Finally found the domain sync logic. new whmcs 5.1 series use the cron actions separately about domain sync. Anyone who has domain expiry date sync problem, please use the command via browser or create cron job. I think we missed to read this new functionality. Sorry for this. But no one warned us?

According to me, another important issue that crons/domainsync.php folder must be set as password protected folder or htaccess restriction rules must be set from outside usage (unwanted folder-file usage)

domain.com/crons/domainsync.php

regards.

We have the same issues. All the patches are installed.
Edited by tristar

Finally found the domain sync logic. new whmcs 5.1 series use the cron actions separately about domain sync. Anyone who has domain expiry date sync problem, please use the command via browser or create cron job. I think we missed to read this new functionality. Sorry for this. But no one warned us?

According to me, another important issue that crons/domainsync.php folder must be set as password protected folder or htaccess restriction rules must be set from outside usage (unwanted folder-file usage)

domain.com/crons/domainsync.php

regards.

No-one warned you? It's detailed in the upgrade and read me docs that you need to set up a separate cron. My guess is (and hope is), that most people on this thread, are not like yourself and had the domain syncing cron running.

Re the security point you make - there are other threads which go into much detail about that.

yes Si, we make a mistake & don't read the manual but, if you know we are wrong, why don't you warned us.

This is forum & forum's logic is share the knowledge. reading or not reading the manual is another problem.;)

Edited by tristar

yes Si, we make a mistake & don't read the manual but, if you know we are wrong, why don't you warned us.

This is forum & forum's logic is share the knowledge. reading or not reading the manual is another problem.;)

Eh? How would I know you didn't have a cron set up?

Hi Matt,

Exactly the same issue here except using netearthone. Previously had a registration fail. Applied the patch and manually registered. Just tried to initiate a transfer and failed with the ID issue. Saved registrar config, accepted order and it went through.