Jump to content
jclarke

UnBlockIP - Free CSF Unblock Module for WHMCS

Recommended Posts

Wouldn't index.php?m=unblockip should display a form or anything instead a blank page ? The module is active and configured

--

LE: you need to upload the unblockip.tpl from /templates/ within the archieve to the /modules/addon/unblockip/ to have it working. Nothing about it in the readme file

Edited by Experthost
LE: found the issue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I apologize for the delay in not having an update recently to this module, I've been tied up working on some other projects. I am still planning on updating this module soon to work fully with the latest version of WHMCS and PHP 7.x and support for WHM api tokens.

The basic functionality does still work with the latest version of WHMCS but I have noticed a few minor issues that need fixed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jclarke said:

I apologize for the delay in not having an update recently to this module, I've been tied up working on some other projects. I am still planning on updating this module soon to work fully with the latest version of WHMCS and PHP 7.x and support for WHM api tokens.

The basic functionality does still work with the latest version of WHMCS but I have noticed a few minor issues that need fixed.

Hello jclarke @ I love this module and I hope that you will work on this soon.

 

Waiting for latest version of this plugin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was using it for years, now I found that it doesn't check the IP at the CSF firewall as previously did. I use the latest version of WHMCS, can that be why? Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

UnblockIP 2.13 is now available for download from our client area at https://www.serverping.net/clients/

What’s new?

-Code has been updated to work with WHMCS 7.x and PHP 7.x
-cPanel API Key support has been added
-You no longer need to edit your clientareahome.tpl to use the auto unblock feature, a hook is used now instead. The output that is displayed can be modified in the templates/clientareaoutput.tpl file
-Various bug fixes
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@jclarke Thanks for the update.

I have downloaded UnBlockIP 2.15, using it on WHMCS Version: 7.6.0, unmodified Six theme, but no link to this module under Support at client area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Merry Christmas and a happy new year to all of you and your families.

What if WHMCS and customer/account server is on the same server/ip ? How can i make it work as for clients getting banned from csf they can't access the whmcs and unblock their ip. Maybe using some proxy or another way ?

Great module, i have been using it some months until now and i am very happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/30/2018 at 11:27 AM, DraGoNeTi said:

Merry Christmas and a happy new year to all of you and your families.

What if WHMCS and customer/account server is on the same server/ip ? How can i make it work as for clients getting banned from csf they can't access the whmcs and unblock their ip. Maybe using some proxy or another way ?

Great module, i have been using it some months until now and i am very happy.

Hello, there really isn't a way to make that work. Your best options is to setup WHMCS on it's own VPS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

that means i should have a server for customer accounts and a simple hosting package outside that server for whmcs

EDIT: or have the whmcs on the same server BUT on a different IP

Edited by DraGoNeTi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would need to be on a different server, if it has a different ip on the same server it would still not work as the csf block is for the whole server.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After having used this great addon for many years we have been having some problems recently.  It started a while back with clients being able to see a block was in place and being able to unblock themselves but no reason was given.  Now for the last couple of months, both the client side and the admin check from within WHMCS doesnt return any blocks even though WHM clearly shows blocks in place.  Running latest WHMCS (7.6.1)  with latest csf - is anyone else having similar problems or is it still working for others on latest versions ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there!

What is the status of this plugin? Is it still working on WHMCS 7.7.1 ?

I see a few problems in the community and lack of support. Any good and non-expensive alternative?

Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Part of the problem with this and other unblockers is that if you run ConfigServer's exploit scanner, cxs, it has a new-ish feature which reports the IP back to ConfigServer. It then ends up on their bad IP reputation list. These plugins remove the local block but if you have the reputation block list setting on it remains blocked in that. It therefore looks to be unblocked in the client area and admin as it's been removed from csf.deny but remains blocked in iptables as part of one of the CXS_ chains.

You have to manually remove it from iptables or use the cxs --Rremove to remove it from their list. It takes about 10 minutes to repopulate.

It's a pity but at the moment it's a choice between these plugins working or the more secure IP reputation blocking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, aegisdesign said:

Part of the problem with this and other unblockers is that if you run ConfigServer's exploit scanner, cxs, it has a new-ish feature which reports the IP back to ConfigServer. It then ends up on their bad IP reputation list. These plugins remove the local block but if you have the reputation block list setting on it remains blocked in that. It therefore looks to be unblocked in the client area and admin as it's been removed from csf.deny but remains blocked in iptables as part of one of the CXS_ chains.

You have to manually remove it from iptables or use the cxs --Rremove to remove it from their list. It takes about 10 minutes to repopulate.

It's a pity but at the moment it's a choice between these plugins working or the more secure IP reputation blocking.

Thank you for the info. What if we don’t use CXS? Is there any problem by using this unblocker?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sitesme said:

Thank you for the info. What if we don’t use CXS? Is there any problem by using this unblocker?

At the moment, the ServerPing module seems to work if you're not using CXS.

There's one possible, if somewhat unlikely scenario where it won't unblock. That being that if your client's IP is on ConfigServer's blocklist AND you have IP reputation blocking on in the firewall (CSF). And if you're not running cxs, there's no way to remove your client's IP from that blocklist. The removal has to come from the IP from the server that added the client's IP to the blocklist. Admittedly, you may think that's a good idea still as if your client was blocked on someone else's server, you might not want them on yours but it might also block people using VPNs or recycled IPs from mobile users.

Some of the other modules stopped working when cPanel deprecated and removed the XML API access in v74 btw, which is a pity as I much preferred the GK_root AutoUnblock module. The ServerPing module uses JSON.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you once again @aegisdesign

I just downloaded and tested ServerPing's module and unfortunately, it does not work 😞

I see the module properly installed, configured and it is showing on the client area.

However, when I try to unblock any IP from the blacklist, it says "No block found on server: X". I tried a few of the IPs listed there and none worked.
I will keep digging...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, sitesme said:

Thank you once again @aegisdesign

I just downloaded and tested ServerPing's module and unfortunately, it does not work 😞

I see the module properly installed, configured and it is showing on the client area.

However, when I try to unblock any IP from the blacklist, it says "No block found on server: X". I tried a few of the IPs listed there and none worked.
I will keep digging...

Try switching debug mode on in the admin screen before a search. A successful result should have the source of the CSF web page in the debug text area and in that should also be the IP you're searching for.

Check you've got the required curl modules installed in EasyApache if you've no output there although IIRC it throws an error if curl isn't working.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, it was my mistake. I was testing with servers without root access. I guess that resellers users are not able to unblock themselves, so this is a huge restriction which I am sure it is because of how WHM and CSF works.

I am just wondering that if CSF has a "reseller privileges" section to enable the IP unblock feature from the reseller's WHM panel, a WHMCS module could also do the same, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Guidelines and understand your posts will initially be pre-moderated