New security patch break integration code

Erik, Matt and many of us are running businesses, and use this forum as a way to grow and improve. Are you running a business, because that was certainly not a business letter. What was the purpose in sharing your rage with all of us?

I have to agree with you on that point and when others suggested he should of tested the patch before making it in production he got more annoyed and angry

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

However, Erik was out of line in using the language he did to make his point. I was offended to have to read that type of language and, for the record, I'm an ex-Marine so I know every word of obscenity that there is. There is no place in any forum for language such as that.

The only problem I had was that my monthly cron job did not run but that was my problem as I should have realized that I needed to edit my cPanel cron job since I changed the directory name. :)

After installing the latest Patch file, when I go to the language tab in the client area and try and change from English to any other language it doesn't change.

It just stays on English.

Weird, I have the same issue in that I can't change that, but mine was on Dutch, something I never set. Yours is the only other post I can find that has this issue, I believe. I'm concerned.

I was sent a fix for this last night, which fixed the client area, but the Admin area is still staying on Default Language: Dutch.

I was sent another fix for the Admin Area but it didn't fix it.

I am waiting on a reply to this.

Same here. I wound up copying the english file over the dutch to get things running for now. Weird one.

Just wanted to follow up on this thread...

I also had a client that was experiencing an unusual situation where no matter what language or template selected, no language strings were being pulled from the language files.

Client is running WHMCS version 4.5.2 and presumably applied the patch (I haven't done this for them - they came to me after they had problems)

Solution For Me:

@rtt: what I did to correct this problem was to make the language file they were using (in this case Spanish.txt) all lower case so instead of Spanish.txt it is now spanish.txt... this fixed it for my client.

Just a quick guess that the presumption that the language files are lowercase as WHMCS v5+ assumes must have been mistakenly carried backwards to 4.5 in the patch, though why that logic would be in the db file, not 100%...

Anyway, just thought I'd give you a heads up as this is what worked for me.

Edited by gohigher
came across wrong in describing the problem

No one at WHMCS meant for things to go bad. Would you rather have an open security issue than a patch that, at least, solves the security issue?

It is a tense situation, not only for you but of course also for the WHMCS developers. So rather than becoming so emo just give them your support and be patient.

No one cares about your temper and anger won't help you one byte. It will just make you stand out as an ugly person.

Please act professional and do not post emotional responses.

the language files in v5 are not .txt they are .php so this could be the issue with the patch, i believe it was issued for version 5

However, aside from maybe some minor edits, i think that they are the same file, just with a safer extention that wont display if viewed in a browser, although you can prevent this anyway by locking down access to those servers in your configs.