Password reset link not working

I reset my password right after I determined my data was indeed compromised. I logged into the Client Portal and changed it there. Then, WHMCS reset all the passwords and I had to request another new one and it worked right away, I logged in, and changed to a new password (very secure one). It would have been nice if Matt and company could have at least checked to see if passwords were already changed after the compromise before resetting again. This is not a complaint, just an observation.

I share the same frustration (I've changed mine at least 4 times since this started, each time a new wave of compromise appeared to happen), but I don't think checking to see if the password had been changed recently is technically possible. Certainly not for as many users as WHMCS must have.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just adding in my experience, for whoever it may benefit. I clicked the "reset password" link and received the email immediately. Entered my email address, that was successful, and received the email with my new temporary password within 2 minutes...in the spam folder.

However....ONE error I noticed is the link to the members area is not HTTPS. That should really be changed.

Aaaaaaaand...the site is down again. Lovely.

+1

Received email containing the link to reset the password. The link appears to work and the site says that my login details have been emailed to me. But I never get them.

Are they being sent to someone else? or is it really just an overloaded mail script?

So... couple days later. What's the voodoo black magic trick to get the password reset link to work if it's not showing up in any inbox (including spam folders)? PM sent to Matt (appreciably a very busy guy) and I haven't heard back yet.

Hi Matt

I opened a ticket to your sales team because i can't reset my password using your password reset link... i can received the initial email but i cant receive email containing the temp password for my account.. after a couple of hours your staff replied to my query and he is asking for my license key, email address and home address also my whmcs admin details. I gave all info except for my whmcs admin details because im afraid the page can be view in public. hope you can help me.

Regards,

Jack

Ticket Id: #222724