WHMCS.com Hacked?

You guys gOOvER and twhiting are unbelievable.

I guess by this stage, you have now moved to another billing system? No? Why not? You would rather sit on the sidelines and lambast someone who is already going through a tough time.

When WHMCS refund me the whole price what i paid, i move ;)

But whats the Problem?? I'm pissed off and NOTHING COMES FROM WHMCS TEAM. Onyl sensless News, what all knows allready, who are reading Twitter ;)

I give my opinion about that and as i said: If this Situation is OK for you, then OK. For me it's not OK. And so, i get nor CLEAR ANSWER FROM WHMCS TEAM, so long i post here ;)

Edited by gOOvER

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bear, if you are reading this, can you, or another Admin ban and remove the posts of these "single post" users?

If yes, I, and I'm sure all reasonable users would very much appreciate it. :)

And then delete this post of mine too. ;)

Cheers,

Paul

Umm you people, including myself should all be worried about your credit card info. I can bet anything that WHMCS is downplaying the damage and these guys also retrieve the code the does the encryption to decrypt. Unbelieveable!!!!!!!

The only good thing about my CC info is that my cards expired in Dec 11 which means none of my cards on file will work no matter what and i havent bothered to renew so far this year. Phew!!! That was close.

Edited by mikie

Have read 19 pages what a read, sad to see that this has happened and yes security can certainly be improved on.

laszlof you certainly put a smile on my face and gave me a great laugh with your soap box pic, if only those shoes could tap dance then I'd probably have fallen off me seat :-)

Clients should have the option to either store or not store credit card in payment options!

Umm you people, including myself should all be worried about your credit card info. I can bet anything that WHMCS is downplaying the damage and these guys also retrieve the code the does the encryption to decrypt. Unbelieveable!!!!!!!

The only good thing about my CC info is that my cards expired in Dec 11 which means none of my cards on file will work no matter what and i havent bothered to renew so far this year. Phew!!! That was close.

You should read more posts before posting in the thread. This has already been discussed and everyone is well aware.

When WHMCS refund me the whole price what i paid, i move ;)

Why wait? That's non-sensical. If your business is in such jeopardy......MOVE and shut-up. What leverage do you have over Matt by staying? You spout nonsense.

But whats the Problem?? I'm pissed off and NOTHING COMES FROM WHMCS TEAM. Onyl sensless News, what all knows allready, who are reading Twitter ;)

Eh, because they're busy and you've obviously not got that much pressure on your life at the minute coming back here to post over and over. Everyone else is able to be patient....what's your problem?

I give my opinion about that and as i said: If this Situation is OK for you, then OK. For me it's not OK. And so, i get nor CLEAR ANSWER FROM WHMCS TEAM, so long i post here ;)

Yes and we've heard you, loud and clear, over and over. Now go raise a support ticket and stop the public yapping!

Anyone able to reset their client area password and actually receive the email?

Had you lost your previous login?

I logged in to WHMCS client area and changed my password manually.

Why wait? That's non-sensical. If your business is in such jeopardy......MOVE and shut-up. What leverage do you have over Matt by staying? You spout nonsense.

Read -> Understand -> Read again -> Think about -> read a third Time -> Then Post ;)

Edited by gOOvER

Yeah, assuming the "Reset" automatically changes your password and sends you a new one.. so trying my old one would probably not work.

I don't think it changes your password. But rather sends you a link for you to click on, (the same as our own client areas for customers).

was the old Post. ;9 Read new One ;)

Honestly.....I couldn't be less bothered. I'm trying to help people. What about you? No....PLEASE....don't answer that. Seriously. DON'T ANSWER THAT

I'm just guessing, but maybe the server is still spitting out e-mails to customers informing them about the stolen data. This could postpone the sending of password e-mails. Just be patient and cancel your credit cards.

the biggest issue into the leaked data appear to be the plaintext passwords into the "welcome" mails :|

So you think they should have encrypted the passwords in the Welcome Emails?

That would be helpful (not). :roll:

Unsubscribing from this thread as it appears to now be full with 70% idiots.

WHMCS are not responsible for any costs or refunds.

They supply software that you use, and you continue to be able to use.

Get over it and give Matt a chance to get on top of this malicious attack.

Actually WHMCS is responsible for the security of customer credit cards and being PCI Compliant.

Furthermore, they are responsible for the security of their own server and the details it contains.

Sony for example still has a pending multi million dollar class action at the moment for the same mistake. Lackluster security protocols. Sony is known to ignore costs on better security and they were fully responsible for it.

Though you run a risk of anything anywhere, you can't run a business stating "Using your credit card at your own risk".

All that said, i'm guessing Matt is seeing many colors of RED at the moment. Stuff like this usually happens at the worst time (Not that there is a good time). Glad i paid with paypal, though my real address was used, not that i'm worried.

For sites such as this, i usually use an old crappy password i don't use anymore. For sites i don't know i seriously just use stuff like temp12345 for reasons such as this.

Sorry to hear Matt, but time to find a better way to store your customer credit cards and pass that on to your WHMCS releases.

I can't believe some posts are making jokes and light of a serious situation like this. It's not as simple as to "call our banks and report it" Some of us have recurring bills EVERYWHERE with our credit cards (Though i use paypal here). It means the bank, waiting for a new card, possibly being late with other bills waiting for the new card, calling everywhere to switch it.

It's not a joke folks. Some of you may be under 20 years of age, living at home with a few to no bills, but those of us with many many bills, use our cards for many recurring bills. That of which can cause a headache if one lapses and end up with late fee's elsewhere because of one company's mistakes.

I can't believe some posts are making jokes and light of a serious situation like this. It's not as simple as to "call our banks and report it" Some of us have recurring bills EVERYWHERE with our credit cards (Though i use paypal here). It means the bank, waiting for a new card, possibly being late with other bills waiting for the new card, calling everywhere to switch it.

It's not a joke folks. Some of you may be under 20 years of age, but those of us with many many bills, use our cards for many recurring bills. That of which can cause a headache if one lapses and end up with late fee's elsewhere because of one company's mistakes.

So what would you do if you lost your credit card?

What would you have to do when you card hits its expiry date?

I'm in my late 40's and have many bills.....but it's simple and not that big a deal really.

This has been ongoing now for 24 hours and I had it sorted in 1 hour. (less probably). Why are you sitting here 24 hours later still panicking?

Edited by Si

I'm glad too, if it's full of idiots like you.

What costs? It costs nothing to cancel your card, and reset a few passwords.

Time costs money, granted most of our time is sat here wondering how deep this rabbit hole really goes but in the time we spend resolving these other issues we could have all been out enjoying the sun and eating icecream.. i guess this will be what i do next ;op