bashkim

whmcs to BIND

Hi everyone

Is there any way to integrate whmcs with BIND? I have installed BIND on different PC and it works OK. But as i see all changes that clients made to their domains i should made manually to my nameservers. Is there any way to automate this things please ?

Thank You very much in response.

I am afraid not, as BIND does not provide an API for 3rd party systems to communicate with it. You could write code to do it manually, but it would likely be a hack at best.

Is there any way to solve this problem ?

You'd have to write some kind of API for BIND so that WHMCS can communicate with it. Its possible, yes.

But as i see all changes that clients made to their domains i should made manually to my nameservers. Is there any way to automate this things please ?

For BIND, no. But we have a DNS system that will integrate to WHMCS and all your hosting servers , proving the same functionality you're after :)

If you're the registrar, just make the point of editing update both the DNS zones and whatever else you need updated. If you're not, it depends on the registrar: some do provide APIs for this.

Otherwise you can run a cron job to dig the full DNS record from the root server and update that way if you wanted to though I'm not sure I see the usefulness of that myself.

If you're the registrar, just make the point of editing update both the DNS zones and whatever else you need updated. If you're not, it depends on the registrar: some do provide APIs for this.

Otherwise you can run a cron job to dig the full DNS record from the root server and update that way if you wanted to though I'm not sure I see the usefulness of that myself.

I'm not sure you understand what the OP is trying to do. His question has nothing to do with domain registrars. He wants to be able to manage the BIND dns server from WHMCS.

I'm not sure you understand what the OP is trying to do. His question has nothing to do with domain registrars. He wants to be able to manage the BIND dns server from WHMCS.

From what he posted I thought he was trying to manage the DNS zones so that they when users edit it at their registrar it would be updated on the local server as well.

Im looking for this solution too, its really uncomfortable to edit it manually

Some have working solution ?

Setup VirtualMin on one of the BIND servers and use the VirtualMin server module in WHMCS to manage the DNS records