InternetSecure.com Horrible

Diceplaya

No point of me posting the same thing twice. For those who can read and count there shouldnt be much of a problem.

Dude stop posting false information and maybe you will regain what little dignity you have left. Since when did public opinions not matter. are you a communist? You don't need to answer that lol

Here are your arguments again. Your words in quotes and mine immediately after.

1) "Another thing to mention is that InternetSercure isnt secure at all, unlike most merchants they declined customers the option to apply AVS Support to avoid fraud payments." - False. AVS support can be enabled on an account via the merchant area. They allow you to do partial or full AVS verification. You can verify the CVN and reject based on that as well, in addition to allowing payment rejection based on GeoIP and country.

2) "beware that if you sign with internetsecure.com it is a 3 year contract that isnt specified on the contract" - False. Contracts are month to month. I am looking at mine at this very moment in fact. Nowhere does it mention a 3 year commitment.

3) "Internetsecure.com doesnt allow you to "opt out" of accepting "Non Avs Supported Credit Cards" this in return renders Maxmind useless." - I agree it would be a good feature to decline cards without AVS automatically. On the other hand, a good portion of credit card issuers don't support AVS and you would be losing sales that way. Also, all Maxmind checks are normally done *before* sending to the payment processor and will block 99% of potential fraud on it's own.

4) "These guys are true scammers. After i set them up with my bank they completely cleaned it out and stole funds. They took all my personal information and blackmailing me with it" - Claim with no proof, can be considered slander.

Public opinion and slander are 2 very different things. Opinion is when you have provided proof, slander is when you have not. It's just you and you alone here. Notice how nobody agreed with you or had the same experience you claim to have had?

I am done explaining the obvious to you. It's clear you are not interested in facts and information that even a "communist" can grasp :D

1) "Another thing to mention is that InternetSercure isnt secure at all, unlike most merchants they declined customers the option to apply AVS Support to avoid fraud payments." - False. AVS support can be enabled on an account via the merchant area. They allow you to do partial or full AVS verification. You can verify the CVN and reject based on that as well, in addition to allowing payment rejection based on GeoIP and country.

You forgot to include the part when I mentioned "AVS means Address Verification System. I hope we're on the same page as this is pretty much standard in the Credit Card industry. However Horrible companies like internetsecure.com allow Non AVS Credit cards to process without allowing the "Merchant" which is you and me to "opt out" in regards to accepting non avs credit cards. "

1) So to conclude - You cannot opt out of accepting non AVS credit cards. So misleading or saying otherwise would simply be false

2) "beware that if you sign with internetsecure.com it is a 3 year contract that isnt specified on the contract" - False. Contracts are month to month. I am looking at mine at this very moment in fact. Nowhere does it mention a 3 year commitment.

2) Merchants who signup for internetsecure.com are subject to a 3 year contract. Anyone who tells you otherwise simply isn't a credible source.

When you attempt to cancel your internetsecure.com account then you might get a message like this from Rick Nugent the CEO of Internetsecure.com

Hello (customer name),

In addition to the agreement, you also agreed to the Terms of Service(TOS), highlighted in red from my previous email which you also agreed too.

Terms of Service (Term and Termination Page 11):

https://www.merchantconnect.com/CWRWeb/pdf/TOS_ENG.pdf

Please refer to section 15.

Section 15 includes the details to prove your wrong. My Beef is "section 15" was kept secret from me. When I inquired about any type of commitment they simply told me information that would contradict what is found in section 15. So again that proves you what you claim is "false"

3) "Internetsecure.com doesnt allow you to "opt out" of accepting "Non Avs Supported Credit Cards" this in return renders Maxmind useless." - I agree it would be a good feature to decline cards without AVS automatically. On the other hand, a good portion of credit card issuers don't support AVS and you would be losing sales that way. Also, all Maxmind checks are normally done *before* sending to the payment processor and will block 99% of potential fraud on it's own.

3) I'm glad you understand but this was simply my attempt to clarify what you were confused about from. Proof you are "Confused" 1).

4) "These guys are true scammers. After i set them up with my bank they completely cleaned it out and stole funds. They took all my personal information and blackmailing me with it" - Claim with no proof, can be considered slander.

Public opinion and slander are 2 very different things. Opinion is when you have provided proof, slander is when you have not. It's just you and you alone here. Notice how nobody agreed with you or had the same experience you claim to have had?

4) I believe personal information should be kept "personal". I stand by my statement. I will continue to refer to Internetsecure.com as scammers, blackmailers etc. Slander is still an opinion no matter how uneducated someones definition of the word is. I'm sure once you finish reading the dictionary you be able to confirm your statement is "False"

I am done explaining the obvious to you. It's clear you are not interested in facts and information that even a "communist" can grasp :D

I love facts :) I hope you learnt something from this conversation. Some would even say most of it is common sense that can be easily confirmed with a little research. Please think before you type..

Edited by Diceplaya

I can cooborate one thing at least: Aseel is an employee of InternetSecure: they were my point of contact when considering the service.

However they required more by ways of financial collateral than I was willing to give at the time, and this seemed odd to me considering that other payment providers - even big ones such as Global Payments - did not require.

Does this back the claims made by others here? No. I see other long-established companies have used IS and seem to do so fine, such as my own domain registrar. However, to me it didn't pass the smell test requiring the information and other obligations it did at sign up (several people signing for the business when it's a sole proprietorship, signing legal rights above and beyond what competitors required, and other things I won't get into because it's tangential)

By the way, if you have a business account with just about any Canadian Bank (and many personal accounts) you can now accept direct debit even online using Interac Electronic Transfers. This is my primary method of payment.

You forgot to include the part when I mentioned "AVS means Address Verification System. I hope we're on the same page as this is pretty much standard in the Credit Card industry. However Horrible companies like internetsecure.com allow Non AVS Credit cards to process without allowing the "Merchant" which is you and me to "opt out" in regards to accepting non avs credit cards. "

1) So to conclude - You cannot opt out of accepting non AVS credit cards. So misleading or saying otherwise would simply be false

2) Merchants who signup for internetsecure.com are subject to a 3 year contract. Anyone who tells you otherwise simply isn't a credible source.

When you attempt to cancel your internetsecure.com account then you might get a message like this from Rick Nugent the CEO of Internetsecure.com

Section 15 includes the details to prove your wrong. My Beef is "section 15" was kept secret from me. When I inquired about any type of commitment they simply told me information that would contradict what is found in section 15. So again that proves you what you claim is "false"

3) I'm glad you understand but this was simply my attempt to clarify what you were confused about from. Proof you are "Confused" 1).

4) I believe personal information should be kept "personal". I stand by my statement. I will continue to refer to Internetsecure.com as scammers, blackmailers etc. Slander is still an opinion no matter how uneducated someones definition of the word is. I'm sure once you finish reading the dictionary you be able to confirm your statement is "False"

I love facts :) I hope you learnt something from this conversation. Some would even say most of it is common sense that can be easily confirmed with a little research. Please think before you type..

That's not what you said originally. You said that you cannot *apply* AVS to credit card payments, which means that you cannot use AVS when accepting payments. That is false. However, I did agree that it would be a good feature to be able to decline cards that do not support AVS.

Section 15 is news to me as well. I don't see how it would stand up in a court if you have your original documentation that makes no mention of a term commitment.

Slander is "the communication of a statement that makes a claim, expressly stated or implied to be factual, that may give an individual, business, product, group, government, or nation a negative image." Unless there is clear evidence, your claims against IS are slanderous.

I have a friend that used InternetSecure for 4 months before cancelling with them (confusion regarding answers with presales questions, it was my friends fault more than InternetSecure) and he didnt have any of these problems.

Its kind of hard to believe these statements as they are recommended so highly on several sites like WebHostingTalk and no one else has posted anything like this. If it was a Authorize.net reseller like OnlineDataCorp, eDataOnline, whatever name they are using now, then I would believe it more (but thats another story).

As a side note, my friend and I both are using First Data now and have been very happy since we've been with them. If they are partnered with your bank, you can get some huge discounts with them.

...InternetSecure.com . These guys are true scammers. After i set them up with my bank they completely cleaned it out and stole funds. They took all my personal information and blackmailing me with it...
This can't possibly be accurate. We've been an InternetSecure.com merchant for well over a decade - our Merchant number is in the 400's! They are recommended and respected by the Banks, and they are NOT a *. You may have had a dispute with them, or you may not like their policies, and they may have enforced some charge-back that you are unaware of - but there is no way they are 'scammers who stole' from you.

My point isn't to stick up for InternetSecure.com - they and their lawyers can do that just fine on their own - but for the other Merchants that use InternetSecure.com, inaccurate and inflammatory information like this can damage all OUR business's as well.

Well I still argue these guys are scamming crooks.

I was able to find the following information in the withheld contract rick nugent refers to

"Notice of termination by Merchant, Elavon, or Member may be given orally or in writing, but if given orally, must be confirmed in writing as soon as practical" - Section 15 B-iii

Since February I've verbally demanded and begged them over 50 times to discontinue the service and cancel immediately. I've written to them by email countless times and also sent them registered mail twice. I am now moving onto my 4th month trying to cancel services with internetsecure.com. It's been an absolute nightmare, It's almost a daily routine calling their office, calling the ceo leaving a message demanding he cancel the service, writing emails begging them to please stop the service and yet here I am with no success at all.

I took the advise from people who claimed internetsecure.com was a reputable and respectable company. There's nothing respectable or reputable about this company. I can see nothing other then evasive business practices, rock bottom customer service, an incompetent CEO and simply a waste of time.

However I will compliment their retention process which consists of nothing more then ignoring your customer until they give up. Bravo Rick Nugent you created the worst company I've ever dealt with in my life...

Edited by Diceplaya

If you're charging their fees via credit card and they continue to apply fees when you've sent a registered mail asking for the service to be discontinued, it is advisable to consult your credit card company's chargeback procedures. Look up what category this would fall under (usually "Unauthorised Payments") and get in touch with their Fraud Prevention department.

Fraud is a loaded word, but if they keep charging you for a service you don't want and have told them you don't want then it is indeed fraudulent.

If you're charging their fees via credit card and they continue to apply fees when you've sent a registered mail asking for the service to be discontinued, it is advisable to consult your credit card company's chargeback procedures. Look up what category this would fall under (usually "Unauthorised Payments") and get in touch with their Fraud Prevention department.

Fraud is a loaded word, but if they keep charging you for a service you don't want and have told them you don't want then it is indeed fraudulent.

This is great advise and was also recommended to me by my banking manager. They also mentioned it is in my best interest to pay $20 to do a stop payment for the next 6 months. My next conversation consisted of me once again demanding they cancel my service or I'm going to do a "STOP PAYMENT". I was then threatened with collection activity by phone and an impact on my perfect credit score. I did end up doing the stop payment however none of the payments actually got stopped :( because the amount they charge was never consistent. My bank told me if this happened to simply just visit my branch and they would reverse all the charges. Since I'm a single father simply trying to make ends meet I got concerned about the threats they made towards my credit. I started thinking about renegotiate my mortgage and stuff like that. Out of fear I never actually gone to my bank to make follow through with this request.

My main concern now is if what i say is true and can be backed with evidence am I being slanderous or am I in fact being blackmailed to keep a service I don't want?

Edited by Diceplaya

Also regarding Canadian Law "Opinion is a defense recognized in nearly every jurisdiction. If the allegedly defamatory assertion is an expression of opinion rather than a statement of fact, defamation claims usually cannot be brought because opinions are inherently not falsifiable".

In the US you can thank the First Amendment for this Defense and in Canada you can thank the freedom of speech ACT

- The End

In case someone at IS reads this I hope you Enjoy the PR Internetsecure.com would have been cheaper to respect my cancellation request.

PS. I still want to cancel!!!!

Edited by Diceplaya

• 4 weeks later...

Sounds to me like this person just has had charge back problems or something of that sort.

From what your saying I bet this also caused a bank fee due to funds being low.

Yes it's enough to get you angry but sounds like you are on a crusade.

Not worth it - move on and try to work within the system which is slanted towards the banks but such is life.

If a card is reversed the amount plus a fee is charged to your account and yes they take the money from your checking account.

Any charge will be taken from your checking account no matter who you use.

I don't hear a ligit complaint here but if you want to fight the banks then support getting Rid of the Fed.

Hm, sounds like to me:

1. This guy probably had outstanding potentially reversible charges outstanding when he decided to cancel his account with InternetSecure.com. So perhaps a grace period needed to be applied and let those charges settle (or reverse!).

2. The guy posted statements without specifics, he is masking something like the above and just venting stupidity.

3. All the major credit card gateways I have seen (LinkPoint/First Data, Authorize.Net, NPC, etc...) allow you to turn off AVS or not enable it in the first place and then re-enable it again, so that is really up to the client and is NOT a gateway issue.

4. As a host we never allow transactions to go through from non-existing clients that have not been given the "smell" test, which means we look at them and decide whether they should go through or not...doh!!!

5. Please post honest verifiable information about vendors, please do not post blatant lies that other users here can verify or not, it only makes you look bad!

6. I hope we all wish the OP the best experience going forward with whoever he/she decides to use...hopefully you can learn from your mistakes??!

Best regards.

• 5 weeks later...
I cancelled my account on Feb 10th, By email, Verbal and by registered mail.. This company continues to steal from my bank account.. Pure criminals

Ohh,why so..?

You didn't cancelled your account..Done with email prove valuable when you register with correct format.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure I want to step in the middle of this, and I use IS, but it seems Section 15 is part of the /http://https://www.merchantconnect.com/CWRWeb/pdf/TOS_ENG.pdf which is linked to from my IS Merchant Area, under Your Contracts, and early termination fees do apply to my account, under the agreement I signed. Pretty common initial terms I believe, but thought it worth sharing the specifics, as I understand them.

Edited by Infopro