Matt

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• WHMCS CEO

Nope system info cannot be removed. But you could just move it to the bottom of the page if you don't want to see it, it won't bother you there - and that's a great new thing about the new admin homepage, it's simple drag & drop customisability :)

Matt

Looks Great guys.

Couple of Questions

1. We can stay with the old Design of the Admin area is that correct? If so will that overwrite all our previous admin theme customizations on V4 (I think we are running).

2. With other extensions will they be effected much from the upgrade e.g. we use WBTeamPro and the Wiki plugin will those stay as they are pretty much without any effect of the new code?

Cheers Matt

Is easy to add custom code (smarty and php) like V4 in blend theme ?

I use a few lines to view the upcoming domain and hosting renewals plus

another piece of code for a calendar (the calendar is iframe specifically).

Both of them in front of the admin home screen directly.

Hello!

I can't enable registrar lock in domains, only disable. The status is always disabled too.The registrar is Resellerclub. I found some untranslated text in template files, like "Search", "Back to Domains List".

Regards,

Adam

• WHMCS CEO
1. We can stay with the old Design of the Admin area is that correct? If so will that overwrite all our previous admin theme customizations on V4 (I think we are running).

Absolutely. The admin area templates haven't fundamentally changed. In V4.5 there were the templates Original, V4 and Blend, and in V5 that remains the same. We've just tweaked and improved a number of aspects of them.

2. With other extensions will they be effected much from the upgrade e.g. we use WBTeamPro and the Wiki plugin will those stay as they are pretty much without any effect of the new code?

There is no reason that any custom modules shouldn't work as before in the new version. All our changes and improvements are intended to be backwards compatable but obviously there might be things some developers have done that aren't officially recommended, so cannot guarantee that.

Is easy to add custom code (smarty and php) like V4 in blend theme ?

Absolutely. You can still customise the templates. But now for the admin dashboard, if there's something you want to add, creating a widget would be what we recommend rather than editing the template directly. It should be just as easy, if not easier: http://docs.whmcs.com/Widgets

How do I change from Standalone Portal Look to Full Width Header?

To switch to the full width alternative look, simply comment out or remove lines 214 to 269 in the /templates/default/css/whmcs.css file.

Matt

Im having horrific issues in my mind Blank screen

Try deleting all files inside /templates_c/ and append the following line to your configuration.php and visit your admin area again. If there exists any PHP error, you will see the same.

$display_errors=true;

Once finished testing, remove the line again from the WHMCS configuration file.

When on the homepage in clientarea, using the default (bootstrap) theme - you get the option to choose or search for a domain, with NO captcha displayed, when your enter the domain and click the search button, it notifies you that "The characters you entered didn't match the image shown. Please try again" - and then you have to enter the domain again and then only enter the captcha - Double the work is not fun for someone who wants to buy

I had changed my admin folder to a different name, and had updated the path in the config file which worked fine for earlier versions -- when I completed the upgrade, many admin dashboard items would not load, and menu links were missing --- I uploaded the /admin directory and all worked, seems like a path is incorrect somewhere.

When using paypal express checkout it works if I use the paypal button but not if i select the paypal express radio button in the payment method box it returns the error 'The link you have used to enter the PayPal system is invalid. Please review the link and try again.'

• WHMCS CEO
I had changed my admin folder to a different name, and had updated the path in the config file which worked fine for earlier versions -- when I completed the upgrade, many admin dashboard items would not load, and menu links were missing --- I uploaded the /admin directory and all worked, seems like a path is incorrect somewhere.

We have custom admin folder names running ok in our test environment here and for beta users. Have you installed any customisations? Also worth trying a full reupload of the files if you haven't already, as well as clearing both templates and local cache.

When using paypal express checkout it works if I use the paypal button but not if i select the paypal express radio button in the payment method box it returns the error 'The link you have used to enter the PayPal system is invalid. Please review the link and try again.'

PayPal Express requires the client to click the PayPal Checkout logo instead of the normal checkout button. That's because for Express CheckOut, they have to do it through PayPal. Otherwise it should just default to using the regular PayPal payment process. You must therefore have both PayPal Express and the PayPal standard modules enabled.

Matt

We have custom admin folder names running ok in our test environment here and for beta users. Have you installed any customisations? Also worth trying a full reupload of the files if you haven't already, as well as clearing both templates and local cache.

PayPal Express requires the client to click the PayPal Checkout logo instead of the normal checkout button. That's because for Express CheckOut, they have to do it through PayPal. Otherwise it should just default to using the regular PayPal payment process. You must therefore have both PayPal Express and the PayPal standard modules enabled.

Matt

No I got it working, I just uploaded the admin folder --- if I remove the /admin folder then many things do not seem to work such as the menu and the jquery functions on ADMIN dashboard

This also seems to be the same problem the user "techextras" had -- earlier on the first page of this thread

• WHMCS CEO
Does this mess with any current designs we have custom done in to our systems?

Nope not at all. The new client area template is simply a new option for people. If you have a custom template then upgrading isn't going to change that. And existing templates will work with V5. As normal, you would just have to make the usual updates to the changed template files to get new features in your custom files, and as always those are listed in detail in our release notes for each new version:

http://docs.whmcs.com/Version_5.0_Release_Notes

Matt

Matt, so it's simply just upgrading and then moving code from the "default" template in to our custom templates to have new features work (if any) are established...?

Or is that just something that is moved in by default.

One thing that I find with WHMCS is that customers get upset because they cannot find the "Cancellation" link when they want to move or just quit hosting altogether, is that something that can be updated because I could not find a way to implement that in to any other section of WHMCS to make it easier.

Other than that, I may take the upgrade and see what V5 is like :P

• WHMCS CEO
Matt, so it's simply just upgrading and then moving code from the "default" template in to our custom templates to have new features work (if any) are established...?

No it's even easier than that. It's the same as every upgrade that's gone before. ie. whichever template you based your custom one on initially, you would copy the updates for the new version from that. So for example if you built your custom integration using the portal template as a base, then you would apply the changes from the "portal" template in V5 to your custom one. That way no restyling work is required.

With the client area templates you can customise as much or as little as you want, there's no area that isn't customisable, so you can modify the cancellation request button if you wish. The customer must select the product they want to cancel first though.

Where can i translate the "Search Multiple TLDs" string?

There's appears to be a few hard coded language strings that haven't been caught during the beta process. So if this is one of them it would have to be edited directly in the template files.

Matt