Jump to content
Chance

Profit and Loss Report

Recommended Posts

It shows on the Reports Section but when I tried to click through it, it returns an error.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@Mauwiks These reports were originally posted for others back in 2011 and have not been updated by us for the latest versions of WHMCS.  The code in these scripts does not rely on core-architecture of WHMCS.  From what we hear from @brian!, it appears these old reports do work with v7.7.1 although we have not tested that ourselves.  Odds are, if they do work with v7.7.1 they might work with the latest as well.  However, the old reports utilize mysql, which is deprecated and no longer even supported in current versions of PHP.  So for those servers/hosts that do not have the mysql extension installed/enabled, these old reports will NOT work.

@brian! Thank you for confirming compatibility with v7.7.1.  As to your personal thoughts on not classifying it as a P&L report, please note the very first post where I stated these reports were from our highly-customized WHMCS install.  At the time we provided these reports in this thread we had written a lot of customized accounting code. We do track expenses and costs of goods related to the products and services we sell.  As such, these reports did report both sides of the T-bar with breakdown of gross, cost, and net.  Knowing other users did not have the expense-tracking side of our customization, we truncated the code for this thread and left the reports named as they were.

For all that are interested, we have authored a full-fledged add-on module to WHMCS that provides QuickBooks-like accounting.  It is quite extensive and provides all the missing functionality that WHMCS lacks, and it greatly enhances other WHMCS interfaces (invoices, quotes, transactions, etc).  It offers a chart of accounts, items lists, vendor list, much more in-depth sales tax agency/rules that allow one to properly track sales tax collected, proper client credit handling (both admin and client side) with ability to track/manage that unearned revenue accurately, better handling of clients paying two invoices at the same time, proper tracking of gateway processing fees (COGs), better billable item and billable time tracking, proper recording of income from product add-ons (like SSL, dedicated IP, etc.), and the list goes on.  It is impossible to list every feature.

For those interested in the accounting add-on, please see this topic:  https://whmcs.community/topic/274605-double-entry-accounting-module/ as we are wanting to determine if the user-base is large enough to warrant us releasing the add-on to the WHMCS market place.

Chance

 

 

Edited by Chance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hi @Chance

23 minutes ago, Chance said:

@Mauwiks These reports were originally posted for others back in 2011 and have not been updated by us for the latest versions of WHMCS.  The code in these scripts does not rely on core-architecture of WHMCS.  From what we hear from @brian!, it appears these old reports do work with v7.7.1 although we have not tested that ourselves.  Odds are, if they do work with v7.7.1 they might work with the latest as well.  However, the old reports utilize mysql, which is deprecated and no longer even supported in current versions of PHP.  So for those servers/hosts that do not have the mysql extension installed/enabled, these old reports will NOT work.

i'd forgotten about that deprecation when testing... originally tested in v7.7.1 using PHP 5.6 and works fine; switched to php v7.1 and it fails - "mysql_free_result is not supported"... with some tweaking, it could be fixed to work with Capsule.

23 minutes ago, Chance said:

@brian! Thank you for confirming compatibility with v7.7.1.  As to your personal thoughts on not classifying it as a P&L report, please note the very first post where I stated these reports were from our highly-customized WHMCS install.  At the time we provided these reports in this thread we had written a lot of customized accounting code. We do track expenses and costs of goods related to the products and services we sell.  As such, these reports did report both sides of the T-bar with breakdown of gross, cost, and net.  Knowing other users did not have the expense-tracking side of our customization, we truncated the code for this thread and left the reports named as they were.

no offence meant ☺️

Edited by brian!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@brian!Both links are valid.  They both refer to the same accounting add-on module that we use ourselves. Thank you for pointing this out.  I will update my reply with the link specifically targeted for user-interest.  Thank you!

Edited by Chance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chance said:

Both links are valid. 

only for you.... everyone else would have got an error message following your original link...

YPxSIpv.png

edited my post to remove the link you posted originally. 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Mauwiks said:

It shows on the Reports Section but when I tried to click through it, it returns an error.

probably a PHP error as I state above... I originally tested on PHP 5.6 as that's what the dev was last using... the PHP7 deprecations never occurred to me until Chance mentioned it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use & Guidelines and understand your posts will initially be pre-moderated