Profit and Loss Report

Chance

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hello,

I would say to make sure that you have uploaded the reportfunctions_2.php file into your WHMCS includes directory, and make sure you upload the profit_and_loss_2.php and sales_by_product_2.php files into your WHMCS modules/reports directory.

These two reports require no changes to any WHMCS settings or database. By default, they should pull and accurately report your sales data.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I only glanced through it real quick and missed it >.<

thanks for making me READ, lol

I would say to make sure that you have uploaded the reportfunctions_2.php file into your WHMCS includes directory, and make sure you upload the profit_and_loss_2.php and sales_by_product_2.php files into your WHMCS modules/reports directory.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

JLHC:

In the very first post of this thread I indicated the report highlighted here actually is an excerpt from our own Profit & Loss report that we use to track all income and expenses within our WHMCS install. Our P&L report does report transaction fees and the report lists that as an expense titled 'Merchant Account Fees' under 'Cost of Goods Sold'. Gross Profit is calculated based on all products'/services' income minus all expenses to get those products/services sold.

pjs32:

A P&L report typically does not show any tax-related data as that is not considered an expense. We, too, wanted to see how much tax we collected and paid to the appropriate agencies and so we wrote our own Sales Tax Liability report. That report lists each invoice's non-taxable items, taxable items, subtotal, credit, discount, total tax, and invoice total on a line-by-line basis for whatever calendar month/year desired. Then the footer of this report includes gross sales, taxable sales, exempt sales, tax collected, etc. for that period. Using this Sales Tax Liability report we can quickly determine how much tax we collected. We then add this Tax Collected amount from the Sales Tax Liability report to our Total Expenses amount from the Profit & Loss report, and subtract that total from our Gross Profit on the Profit & Loss report to determine our bottom line Net Income. Seems like a lot of steps but it is only two reports and basic math.

AndyW:

Converting to base currency rate is not as simple as it may sound. First, there is no exchange rate in the invoice table as you mentioned. Nor is there any reference in the invoice table to the currency used. An invoice record links to a client record and that client record dictates the default currency used by that client but not necessarily the currency used for each invoice. Now, there is an exchange rate in the transactions table that does link to each invoice and that could be used. However, we chose not to include currency conversion data in our reports because we do not have any clients that use anything other than USD. For those WHMCS members that do accept multiple currencies, this will definitely be a limitation. If you would like, you can PM me and we can discuss the cost for us to create a custom version for you.

Love this report. Thanks for your time and for sharing it! It doesn't look like it includes the add-ons (in our case dedicated IP's and SSL certs) for the hosting products it is reporting, nor is is including any of the setup fees for hosting plans. So the numbers are off for us. Is it possible to include those?

JLHC:

AndyW:

Converting to base currency rate is not as simple as it may sound. First, there is no exchange rate in the invoice table as you mentioned. Nor is there any reference in the invoice table to the currency used. An invoice record links to a client record and that client record dictates the default currency used by that client but not necessarily the currency used for each invoice. Now, there is an exchange rate in the transactions table that does link to each invoice and that could be used. However, we chose not to include currency conversion data in our reports because we do not have any clients that use anything other than USD. For those WHMCS members that do accept multiple currencies, this will definitely be a limitation. If you would like, you can PM me and we can discuss the cost for us to create a custom version for you.

Have a look at tblaccounts > rate. Just divide invoice amount by the 'rate' given to get amount in base currency.

pjs32:

A P&L report typically does not show any tax-related data as that is not considered an expense. We, too, wanted to see how much tax we collected and paid to the appropriate agencies and so we wrote our own Sales Tax Liability report. That report lists each invoice's non-taxable items, taxable items, subtotal, credit, discount, total tax, and invoice total on a line-by-line basis for whatever calendar month/year desired. Then the footer of this report includes gross sales, taxable sales, exempt sales, tax collected, etc. for that period. Using this Sales Tax Liability report we can quickly determine how much tax we collected. We then add this Tax Collected amount from the Sales Tax Liability report to our Total Expenses amount from the Profit & Loss report, and subtract that total from our Gross Profit on the Profit & Loss report to determine our bottom line Net Income. Seems like a lot of steps but it is only two reports and basic math.

Thanks - would you be willing to share your Sales Tax Liability report script?

• 7 years later...
On 7/1/2011 at 11:27 PM, Chance said:

Hello,

This post is in response to both the repliers of this post here and those that have PMed us regarding uploading our custom reports so that members could preview them.

I have edited these reports extensively to remove all of our additional customizations that do not pertain to the original topic, which was custom reports on income from products. If you are interested, we will also share our customized Sales Tax Liability report, which includes much more detailed information for tax-reporting purposes in the US.

There are three files for Product Sales:

1) reportfunctions_2.php, containing a mixture of functions and code used by all reports.

2) profit_and_loss_2.php, containing summary info of income from all products, domains, etc.

3) sales_by_product_2.php, containing the detail lines used to build the profit_and_loss report.

I will not explain how the reports work as it should be pretty straightforward once you upload the scripts to your WHMCS install.

Again, if you have trouble getting them to work, I would be willing to share a desktop session so that you can see our reports in live action.

Anyway, thank you to every one that has shown interest and happy customizing!!!

custom_reports.zip

Does this work until today? Please enlighten me. Thanks

6 hours ago, Mauwiks said:

Does this work until today?

install it & see! 🙂

it loads in v7.7.1 without issue (once you remember to put reportfunctions_2.php in the correct folder!) - so assume it would work in any version from the last 8 years... though I personally wouldn't class it as a P&L report, more of an expanded income report.