Response Time Widget & Report

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

Nice contribution, thanks!

Could I kindly recommend making use of the DATE GUI feature that is used in other areas of WHMCS as this will prevent any problems due to different countries using different date prefixes and its also a little more user friendly?

Regards, Jon

Nice addon.

Too bad Romania is on MaxMind's red spot, so my order has been considered as potential fraud.

That shouldn't be a problem. Just contact support and we will verify your details manually!

Hi,

Nice contribution, thanks!

Could I kindly recommend making use of the DATE GUI feature that is used in other areas of WHMCS as this will prevent any problems due to different countries using different date prefixes and its also a little more user friendly?

Regards, Jon

What exactly do you mean by this? Are you talking specifically about the way we determine the from date? The from date is created using PHP strtotime. This converts any string into a unix timestamp.

According to the official PHP documentation:

Dates in the m/d/y or d-m-y formats are disambiguated by looking at the separator between the various components: if the separator is a slash (/), then the American m/d/y is assumed; whereas if the separator is a dash (-) or a dot (.), then the European d-m-y format is assumed.

To avoid potential ambiguity, it's best to use ISO 8601 (YYYY-MM-DD) dates or DateTime::createFromFormat() when possible.

You should always use the YYYY-MM-DD format for the from date whenever possible. However the function can convert various date formats into the from timestamp as shown in the previous examples.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Everyone;

We have just released an update for both the report and widget.

It now includes some suggestions that you guys have made!

You can now switch between mean/median averages. This means that we have also added a new widget variable "median=true" - When used the median is used instead of the default mean average.

As well we added the jQuery UI date selection tool to the report page to easily select a date.

The update can be found in your WHMCS Addon client area. Just re-download the report and widget and upload them to your WHMCS root directory.

Hope everyone enjoys the update! 8)

• 2 weeks later...

That's all you need to do!

Once the files are in place. You can find the report in your WHMCS reports under "Ticket Response Time". The widget is accessible by the javascript code and just needs to be included in your website to use it :)

Let me know if you have any other questions.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
You can find the report in your WHMCS reports under "Ticket Response Time"

The widget is accessible by the javascript code and just needs to be included in your website to use it

Which specific file would this code normally be inserted into and any specific location?

When I click on the Reports tab, I can then see a link to Ticket Response Time

What difference does inserting this code make?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I wanted to ask for a modified version of this add on configured for SLA (service level agreement) support environments.

SLA systems use response time targets like this:

The first SLA is for a new ticket to be answered. For example, our SLA is to respond to every new ticket within 15 minutes.

Our second SLA is resolution. Our highest level SLA calls for tickets to be solved within 1 hour (waiting on client response for needed information does not count).

What would be great would be a response time tracker that works with these SLA's -

Start counting response time on new ticket - flag response time on first tech response to ticket.

Pause time counter if status changes to waiting on client response, on hold, etc.

Second flag for issue solved response. (Ticket status changed to "Issue Resolved" or similar (make this configurable).

I like the current add on but it counts total time regardless of periods of time spent waiting on a client response or on hold for other issues, etc. This means I can't really use it to keep track of my team's response time nor if they are meeting our SLA.

Serverprodigy;

The script already accounts for that automatically. It essentially looks for when the client reply is and then when the next admin reply is. It creates the averages from there. It ignores any ticket replies in-between that. It never uses the time between when your admin replies and when your client replies; it has no relevance to your companies response time.

If you need the addon to only calculate the time between the initial response we can definitely develop the addon to do this for you. Please contact me through WHMCSAddon.com and I would be happy to give you a quote.

If your also looking for a resolution time report, I suggest upgrading to Response Time Pro for just $15USD. This supports resolution times based on when the ticket is set to a closed state.

For more information on Response Time Pro you can check out http://whmcsaddon.com/products/response-time-pro