Online Data Corp

Roger

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well... the more I think about this the angrier I get. So I've gone ahead and filed my complaint with the State of California Attorney Generals Office.

I know in the end I'll probably just end up paying them off to be done with them. But, I feel that's what they count on. This old Viet-Nam era Marine is going to at least make them waste the time, paper and stamp in responding to others as to how they can do this.

I'll feel better in a few days.... lol ... well maybe not, then I'll start the media campaign... :)

Because the office I'm (we) are dealing with is in Calabasas, California. Actually, it's iPayment, inc which has offices in Nashville, Tn. and the one we're dealing with in Calabasas, California.

26707 West Agoura Road, Suite 100

Calabasas, CA 91302

Same address for ODC and iPayment

If it's wrong someone in authority will tell me.

class action suit anyone? has anyone received a contract when requested?? I changed my bank account number yesterday and informed chase to not allow any further transactions as i will notify all authorized parties of my new account #. I will eat the $25 that was STOLEN from me, but they will not get another cent out of me.

I've never received a copy of my agreement and it's time to pull the plug on the monthly payment and it's time for legal advice. Think tomorrow I'm going to see how much an attorney would cost me. The way I look at it. If I have to fork out $350 to get rid of these guys. I would just as soon give it to an attorney if he thinks he can beat them.

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update... I retained a local attorney today. He will be drafting something (whatever attorneys do) and contacting the evil-empire.

My goal here is:

1.) If they can produce paper with my signature on where I agreed to 3 years of servitude AND also agreed to them changing the agreement in mid-stream. Then I'll pay the $350.00 to be rid of them. But, like others have mentioned in this thread. I've only signed an agreement authorizing them to access my bank account (which that has been stopped) for transactions. Faxed to them along with a scan of my drivers license.

2.) If they can not produce a 3 year contract or if they do and it doesn't authorize them to change the terms at will. Well then... it's my turn then isn't boys.....

I told you, don't p**s off the Master Sergeant.

Semper Fi Roger!

I would feel better (at least this time) to give the attorney the money and have him tie it up in the legal system with their high dollar attorneys.. The worst case is that you can cost them a heck of a lot more in attorney fees then what they are trying to extort from you.

The good thing out of this lesson; I am now reading ALL of the fine print. Thanks for the lesson.

Good luck.

Semper Fi Marine... At least this way I get to harass them legally.. lol

Not looking to do anything here other than let them know "Don't screw with me" I know where you live. I'll kick your trash cans overs and kidnap your Chihuahua... :lol:

Called today and found out that my account was canceled officially on June 29th and that i should not hear from them again. I have not received any $25 charge or any cancellations fees. I will tell you that i did have my account for a year when i canceled. I have no idea if that impacted things though.

woo hoo!!!!!! :D

There is hope. Here is the iPayment, inc response to my BBB complaint:

The merchant's account was approved on July 24, 2006 per the signed application and agreement. As the merchant was initially told the term was 1 year iPayment, Inc. (IPI) will honor this term. The account will be closed and the termination fee will be waived.

But I'm not dropping the lawyer until I actually confirm it.

Chalk one up for the good guys. I told you, don't p**s off the Master Sergeant. Hopefully this is the end of it for me. Good luck to the rest of you dealing with them.

nice! can i ask what you posted to BBB. i changed my bank account # to prevent them from stealing my money, they sent a letter saying that i owe $25 for the monthly fee and a $30 late fee warning that failure to pay will prevent me from accepting credit card payments. lol, they wont be seeing a cent. i may file a complaint though to get this officially taken care of and to make the community and BBB as a whole, realize the scope of ODC's wrong doing.

• 3 weeks later...

Hopefully, this is the final post to one of the most (if not the most) viewed topic at WHMCS.

Today I received a response from the State of California Attorney General Office.

For those that felt I was in error by sending my complaint to California AG's office. They did in fact contact the ODC office in Calabasas. Who did reference their correspondence with the BBB where "He" (that would be me) said he was satisfied with their closing my account. So I now have two pieces of paper from ODC to the California's AG office (and then copied and forwarded to me) that says it's over. That my account is canceled.

I stood my ground on principle. When ODC bullied me. With the help of "the system" I bullied back, and won. Now, should any retaliatory action come from ODC, ie credit report, I have my attorney in the wings ready to "clean their clock".

So the moral of the story is this ... don't p**s off the Master Sergeant. OORAH, Marine Corps!

Thanks to those that sent encouragement .. 8)

Hopefully, this is the final post to one of the most (if not the most) viewed topic at WHMCS.

Today I received a response from the State of California Attorney General Office.

For those that felt I was in error by sending my complaint to California AG's office. They did in fact contact the ODC office in Calabasas. Who did reference their correspondence with the BBB where "He" (that would be me) said he was satisfied with their closing my account. So I now have two pieces of paper from ODC to the California's AG office (and then copied and forwarded to me) that says it's over. That my account is canceled.

I stood my ground on principle. When ODC bullied me. With the help of "the system" I bullied back, and won. Now, should any retaliatory action come from ODC, ie credit report, I have my attorney in the wings ready to "clean their clock".

So the moral of the story is this ... don't p**s off the Master Sergeant. OORAH, Marine Corps!

Thanks to those that sent encouragement .. 8)

Congrats. Feels great to be free of ODC doesnt it? =)

Did you switch to CDG? Great people. Met a lot of them at HostingCon this year.

Yes it does bud... No I did not switch. I'm still gun shy from this and I'm sticking with PayPal for the time being. They may be a little higher but at least they're honest.

Based on the description of yours and others relationship with them so far. When I do go looking for a processor they will be who I go to.

Best thing I got from ODC was the copy of the paperwork from them to the Calif AG saying they gave up. So I got that stuffed away in a nuclear bomb proof vault in case it's ever needed.

The advice I got (off the record), was that ODC would most likely not pursue further because we're just individual accounts. My understanding is that if they can't pull it from your account they may or may not send a bill which you can ignore.

But, I guess I'll cross that bridge if I come to it, but hopefully not.

• 10 months later...

I know this is a 10-month old thread, but I had the same experience (and worse!) with Innovative Merchant Solutions. I found they were stealing money from me, (withdrawing money over and above all the agreed upon fees and discounts), to the tune of $300 over a year's time. I filed a compliant with the BBB, they *somewhat* interceded, and IMS agreed to accept the $300 they stole from me as payment in full for the cancellation fee.

I was so happy to find MerchantPlus and get *away* from tyranny that was Innovative Merchant Solutions. MerchantPlus has been GREAT. Imagine my surprise when I found out, a year later, that MerchantPlus'es back-nd process...was OnlineDataCorp.

I could write pages of the horrible "customer service" I got from ODC. I too got a "* looking" snail mail from them. As clueless as these people are...I would bet I'll be in business long after they're gone.

• 2 months later...

Hi MACscr

Sounds liek what I felt like when MB was acquired. We didnt hvae much luck wiht Bluepay and switched to authorizenet but continued to use ONLIne as the processor

We've had very good luck with them but then we hadnt tried to cancel our account either

MIke