Online Data Corp

Roger

I received over the weekend postal mail from Online Data Corp. Truthfully the email looks like a *. Addressed to my company but the salutaion is "Dear Sir or Madam" and there is no signature.

The header consists of a copied logo. The body of the letter states that :

"Online Data Corp/iPayment, Inc will institute a monthly discount fee minimum of Twenty Dollars ($25.00) per month, effective as of May 01, 2007."

That is exactly what the sentence says. Note the disparity between the written amount and the numeral amount. Oh, this is all in regards to a merchant account. As soon as they open this morning out in California I will be speaking to them and canceling this thing.

I'm still investigating but I have verified that the account number they referenced has my company and my name attached to it.... Hmmm. But has had no traffic thru it. Account was registered around mid year of last year. So I'm thinking that it's the back end for a gateway that I haven't utilized. BluePay maybe.

Anyway, can anyone shed any light on who Online Data Corp is??

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have talked to them both. In fact just got off the phone with BluePay. Online Data Corp is the backend or one of the backends for BluePay. BluePay is just the gateway, Online Corp is the actual payment processor.

Now the bad part is talking with Online Data Corp. They say my agreement with BluePay was for 3 years which means the agreement with Online Data Corps is for three years. They are willing to close my account out for if I will buy the contract out for $350! or stay for the remainder of the three years and pay $25 a month.

I'm so mad I can't see straight. We're not done yet. I'm an old Viet-Nam era retired Marine. I don't take stuff laying down. I may end up paying this $350.00 but they will sure work for it.

Obviously if you have a BluePay account. You may want to look into this.

Keep you posted.

I talked to Online Data Corp again. After they reviewed my account. Because It was done online there is a 1 year contract vs a 3 year contract. My 1 year is up on 24 June this year.

Being a 1 year contract the penalty cost to terminate now is $195.00 or continue until June. $25.00 for May and $25.00 for June then cancel. Gee do the Math on that.

I'm very, very upset over this. Makes me very leary of BluePay now as well. Makes me leary of any of them except PayPal ... lol. Could be worse I guess. Not sure quite how but I reckon it could be.

I'm not so sure that Online Data Corp is the only processor that BluePay is the gateway for. I'm pretty irritated that Online Data Corp is evidently using a "fine print" "we can change the agreement when we want but you can't" tactic. The Online Data Corp customer reps were not rude but very matter of fact. With that "You're hosed and there's nothing you can do about it" attitude.

I for one will never have a merchant account that uses Online Data Corp as payment processor again. My business is very small, a second job and I've (like everybody else) have been very diligent to not commit to something that my iddy-biddy cash flow can't support. Then a vendor uses this type of unethical tactic to make a buck. Well what's a guy supposed to do .... lol

Roger, i am assuming your a small business with light processing where you would not always process enough to meet the $25 min........then forget about it, they are too big to care.

you can look into others, but they all do the same, and most are putting in some type of minimum.

Read up on your contract, most of the time if there is a change in an agreement, you have the option of not approving of the change and thus, ending your agreement.

Good luck.

i just confirmed this monthly minimum as well and im talked about it with Online Data Corp (shady company), Bluepay, and ModernGigabyte (ModernAuthorize). Grrr. This makes me so mad. I have a bluepay agent looking into things now and should hear back from him tomorrow.

Roger, i am assuming your a small business with light processing where you would not always process enough to meet the $25 min........then forget about it, they are too big to care.

you can look into others, but they all do the same, and most are putting in some type of minimum.

Read up on your contract, most of the time if there is a change in an agreement, you have the option of not approving of the change and thus, ending your agreement.

Good luck.

They're not being that cooperative. I don't have a contract, I have an online agreement. At least I don't recall actually signing a contract. ODC pretty much confirmed that when they acknowledged my agreement was done online and there for I was committed to only a year vice 3.

I got this account thru ModernAuthorize (ModernBill) after I purchased MB sometime ago. I did just talk to ModernAuthorize and fax'd a copy of the ODC letter to them. They say that ODC is breaking their agreement if they do this.

If Matt and the mods would allow me. I may scan the letter, fuzz out the private stuff and post here for you all to see. If you follow what it takes to be a *. You would surely think this is just by the un-professional appearance of the letter.

i just confirmed this monthly minimum as well and im mad about it with Online Data Corp (shady company), Bluepay, and ModernGigabyte (ModernAuthorize). Grrr. This makes me so mad. I have a bluepay agent looking into things now and should hear back from him tomorrow.
Refer to my above post...

even though i signed up online, i had to fax back a sign piece of paper with my drivers license and voided check, so they say i have a 3 year contract. I hate these people so much. They just faxed m a copy of my "contract", but it didnt come out to well, so need to have them send it again. Will try to keep you all updated.

They are trying to extort $325 from me. I spoke with ModernAuthorize today and found out that have a meeting with Bluepay and ODC tomorrow. MA is not happy at all with how ODC is handling things and i think Bluepay wished they had never gotten involved with them in the beginning (bluepay handles its own processing now). I also recommended to MA that they look into CDGcommerce as a replacement and they said they were already looking into it and appreciated the input.

I'm on hold with customer service from ODC right now. Thought I would attempt to get them to email/fax or carrier pigeon a copy of my agreement to me.

Earlier this week first guy wanted $350 from me to cancel, then another in a later call noted it was an online agreement so was only for one year and the $350 dropped to $195 or pay $25 a month for 2 or 3 months until the end of the "contract".

Now, today, customer service (who still has me on hold) has discovered that I have never had to pay a monthly fee and is wondering why I have to pay anything at all.. lol. That was after they made the statement that the ODC would want the amount of the remaining contract value in my monthly fees to leave early. He did the "huh!" thing when I told him my agreement was no minimums and no monthly fee.

Customer service is back... says he was arguing with "them" over the $350 fee they want if I bail early. Further explained that this fee took affect April 1 this year and applies to anyone/everyone. Customer service even agreed with me when I said "that ain't right"... :) :)

But there is a light at the end of the tunnel... :) If I (or you) notify ODC before the 30 day window that is prior to the end of your current contract. Then you get hit with the early termination fee.

So, in my case, my contract expires 27 July this year, now pay attention ..., Between June 28th and July 27th I have to send them a fax or postal mail that says I quit. If I send it sooner than June 27th I will be assessed the $350 early termination fee.

Customer care also said... since my account was a no monthly fee/no minimums account. I should not be billed the $25.00 minimum they are wanting. If I am billed I'm to call customer service and talk to them and hopefully they will be able to refund the $25 fee.

For you guys in my position that want to FAX or mail these turkeys an I quit letter:

the fax number is 818-702-2412

Mailing Address is:

26707 West Agoura Road

Suite 100

Calabasas, CA 91302

Just remember to WAIT UNTIL YOU HAVE 30 DAYS OR LESS REMAINING ON YOUR CONTRACT.

Hope this helps sombody...

same info I was given accept that they said they are going to charge me $25 and that i have some crappy 3 year contract. I waiting for them to mail me the agreement as the fax didnt turn out well and they told me they wouldnt send it again. What a bunch of scum. No matter what happens the pricing, im still going to switch providers.

Just a note, this has nothing to do with Bluepay as they now do their own processing, its OnlineDataCorp that really really stinks.

One would think that BluePay would be very interested in this as it certainly does reflect on them. But I got the clear impression when I talked to them that they where trying to "tippy-toe" into obscurity on this.

I hope that ModernGigabyte will be able to shake some buckets in there conference tomorrow. I have the sinking feeling that they won't be able to because ODC is playing the role of the 600lb gorilla.

I'm fortunate in that my "contract" is up pretty quickly. I'm sure that is the only reason I'm going to get off cheap.

Mark I have a toll free FAX number, if the cost is whats stopping them from resending yours. You can have them send to me. It'll come as an EMail PDF and I'll just email it to you. PM or EMail me if you want to try.

Roger, thank you so much for sharing. I am in the exact same boat and I am soooo angry!!!

The 2-page document I signed and faxed to them doesn't list anywhere the duration of the contract. Does yours?

Also, what customer service phone number have you been calling? I've been bounced around between so many numbers, I don't even know who to talk to anymore!!!!

:x:x:x

I love the name... odc-victim... how appropriate for many of us.

I have some info at my office I will PM you tomorrow. It's obvious that their tactics include making it so difficult to reach the right people. That you get so frustrated and give up.

I'll bet you that when you reach customer service you won't get any satisfaction. Seems to be the trend.

Thanks Roger.

I signed the agreement on 5/3/2005, so 2yrs ago.

I am very tempted to go to my bank and either issue a block on ACH transactions, or simply close my account and reopen a new one, to prevent ODT from transferring the $350. But if I do that, I'm scared they'll put me in the Terminated Merchant File / MATCH file and that would suck long term.

It's that or pay the money, hope they never come back and dip into my account, and try to forget about the whole thing as I cry myself to sleep...

On Friday, I called ModernGigabyte (home of ModernAuthorize), and they told me they had dealt with the problem with the upstream providers. There will be no minimim charge, and any charge that has occured will be reimbursed.

I'll guess we'll find out shortly if that's all true or not.

Thanks for all the great info so far!