.ca new registration system

max777

• 2 weeks later...

Hope so . Can any admin confirm this ?

The builtin function of WHMCS should work seemlessly with this.

"CIRA, the company that manages the .CA TLD is transitioning from the current manual management system to EPP, the same standard used by the most popular TLDs including .COM, .ORG and .US"

• 2 weeks later...

if we change that all domain would be available and this is not good

Edit the following line in includes/whoisservers.php for it:

.ca|whois.cira.ca|Domain status:         available

For us, that was the words 'Domain status: available' instead of the word 'AVAIL', and there needed to be 9 spaces between the colon of 'status:' and the word 'available'

Hi. I'm not sure I understand what you're saying exactly....

What the includes/whoisservers.php does is basically have a list of what text it's looking for to know that a domain is available or not.

So, it used to be that WHMCS would know that a domain was available for registration by looking for the string AVAIL in the whois response.

In the new CIRA system, the whois responses coming back don't contain 'AVAIL' any longer, insead a domain that is available for registration will contain a line that says 'Domain Status: available' so that's what your whoisservers.php needs to be looking for.

I see that Matt posted the updated enom CIRA module, but I don't see an updated module for OpenSRS. Does anyone have this or know where I can find it??

Again - need the update OpenSRS module to be compliant with the new CIRA registration system.

Thanks!

-James

YIKES - CIRA now sends new emails to the clients on registration, with information on how to contact eNom.com for information. I know this information was never really secret - people always could (and should be able to) find the info. However, our clients weren't confused by it on day 1 either. I don't like that new CIRA email sent to them - does anyone know of a way to prevent it from coming to them?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I contacted NetEarthOne about this. They also sell .CA domains. I quoted to them the message located at http://forum.whmcs.com/showthread.php?p=165135 and their reply was:

My understanding is that WHMCS as yet does not support .CA on the LB platform as it has to add a special contact, we already support the latest requirements on the NEO panel.

This would be a question for WHMCS.

So, when will the update be available for NetEarthOne registrar?

Bob