Affiliate Coupons

This looks very useful mod. Thank you.

I am about to start using it, but I have no idea how to do step one in the install instructions: Import the supplied 'database_structure.sql' file to your WHMCS database:

mysql -uUSERNAME -pPASSWORD DATABASENAME < tblaffcoupons.sql

I do not have shell access to the server, how can I execute this command?

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This looks very useful mod. Thank you.

I am about to start using it, but I have no idea how to do step one in the install instructions: Import the supplied 'database_structure.sql' file to your WHMCS database:

mysql -uUSERNAME -pPASSWORD DATABASENAME < tblaffcoupons.sql

I do not have shell access to the server, how can I execute this command?

Login to php my admin and import the sql file also works

Thank you for the response. I am not a programmer, so I want to make sure not to damage anything.

I went to phpmyadmin from cPanel, clicked on the WHMCS database, and then on import.

At this stage, other than browsing to the sql text file, is there any other settings i need to make? The other defaults on the page are:

character set: utf8

partial import is checked

format of imported file :

sql comparability mode: none

Do not use AUTO_INCREMENT for zero values is checked

Should I change any of those settings?

Nope. The database structure is pretty basic. It adds 2 tables to your whmcs database, and it will not mess with any of the existing tables. So you cant really go wrong.

Sorry I didn't have time to make a nice installer for it. It was something our customers absolutely required when we migrated to WHMCS and I needed to slap it together ASAP.

Ok, I did that and i think it created the database tables.

how do i Make sure that display_errors is disabled in configuration.php? I did not see any line to this effect in that file?

Open configuration.php and see if the display_errors is enabled in there

Thank you all. I have it working now. Just need to configure the actual coupon actions and their related product Id's.

Now, how did you guys get it to look good in the screen shots in this thread? did I miss some code somewhere?

Thanx gs-liam

I guess it is time I get myself a developer .

Following some instructions to install a mod is one thing, but messing about with php and CSS is a completely different ball game...that is not my thing for sure.

I have attached updated version of this mod. You can ask any kind of question regarding this updated version please post snap shots as well.

All installation instructions are same. If you have already installed this mod then just replace the files.

I have NOT changed any License info the mod is still owned by it's original programmer.

affcoupons_1.1 - Updated by Slum Host.zip

oh ok just that i am not the best at doing things like this :(

Me neither, and it seems that just when I think I got it right, a newer version comes along and have to start all over again. Oh well, if life didn't have these little challenges it would somehow be very boring. :lol: