Spam support tickets

cocabean

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spam filtering on your mail server? :roll:

It is not my email, it is the support ticket system that it is getting spammed.

I know WHMCS has "Support Ticket Spam Control"

But each time it is a different sender, different subject and different phrase so I don't know what I can do.

• 7 months later...

i get these same emails. only to my support tecket system. i had an idea on how to stop this but dont know how to do it or if it can be done.

all the subjects have a "# " befor all the random letters.

is their a way that you could use a wild card in the whmcs spam control filter to stop all emails with a " # " in the subject from getting though.

also most of the email address end in " .jp " ??

just an idea dont know if it can be done :idea:

I am also getting these spam emails, at least 5 a day, via support tickets via whmcs.. something needs to be done about it, I believe it's a new bot out there. catcpha isn't any good as, you need re-catchpa my buddy created the code to get past catchpa which is rather neat, but annoying for most people.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It is also starting to annoy me and my staff now, and no they are NOT coming in via email, they are actually manually visiting the contact link and submitting a ticket and we can't go blocking every single email/ip subject used by them...

Time for a better Captcha selection me thinks...

If you really want to throw a spanner in the works, there is always solve media http://www.solvemedia.com/ :-P

What might be better at some point could be a system that allows a choice so WHMCS users can use something of their own choice so they are not forced to choose between a basic one or ReCaptcha for example

Edited by Ashley.S.

• 1 month later...

I've been seeing this same kind of spamming but at least in my case there are a couple of points that make it especially difficult...

If you look close you'll notice they're being submitted as sales tickets. In my case I only take support & sales tickets from existing customers so I'm forced to assume these are coming from the pre-sales page which is obviously for people who can't log-in.

It is specifically just this one pre-sales contact page which should be able to have some kind of security feature enabled...

Also, I don't know what's up with all the people who make stupid remarks like "block the IP address" but since nobody else has bothered to respond to them: Infuriatingly, each message is always from a totally different IP address. Usually a totally different network, spread across many countries.

The subject of the spam I've been getting doesn't have the # symbol in it and in fact every single part is totally randomized. :-(

I'm not sure if it's a bug in v5.0.2 or intended behavior, but the reCaptcha doesn't display on the domain checker until AFTER the user has clicked a button. Then there's an error message, as if they've done something wrong.

At this point I'm willing to deal with a little more spam (most as submitted by humans hired to do so, rather than bots) in order to not piss off and annoy potential customers.

• 3 weeks later...