Bandwidth & Disk Space Overuse Mailer

• 1 month later...

It is £25 to buy & then £10 every year after... yeh. It's not a lot of money for a thriving web host! I put a lot of effort into the documentation & the coding of it, it's not just the product you buy, it's the support I offer with everyting I do. :)

But yes, that is the final price unless I release some new features with a promotion, but I have hundreds of things to do, but I do hope to release a new version this year, but no promises unfortunately.

• 3 weeks later...

Here it is! The all new version of Bandwidth Mailer!

A complete re-write of the code. The hook now is just a call to the Class which holds all the code, so it is all sped up!

The new version has three new settings to customise your installation with!

Change log:

1. Improved system, well. Re-written, all from scratch!
  2. Improved visual appearance, still all within two files, with images included in the PHP code.
  3. Sped up the whole process. The new version uses a lot SQL queries, but they're cached.
  4. Less area for human error, simple drop down boxes for the percentage selection.
  5. 3 New settings:

1. Disabled Services: This is used to stop certain services from being sent emails.
    2. Confirm Product Type: This will force a check to WHMCS to see if the product is set as a Hosting Product before sending.
    3. Send Pre If Post Is Disabled: With new intelligence, BW Mailer will now send a PRE limit email if you have disabled POST limit, but it triggers a POST limit email.

[*]Improved intelligence, well, the original did no thinking compared to this version. The work flow of code is cleaner, faster & smarter resulting in no more 'Why?' moments.

[*]Visual log in the admin area so you can see who has had emails & track them down!

[*]Larger question & answer bank.

[*]A whole lot easier to understand & use.

[*]Simple setup process, upload the two files & go to the admin area to set it up. Enter the key & you're ready to role.

[*]Forget about it, it will run every day and do its job :-)

I have attatched some screenshots of the new interface and a basic run through on how it's set up!

You can find the order / download link here.

Best regards,

Josh Bonfield

Picture 1.jpg

Picture 2.jpg

Picture 3.jpg

Picture 4.jpg

Picture 5.jpg

Picture 6.jpg

• 1 month later...

Just a thought...

I am thinking of selling Bandwidth Mailer to hosts, so they can resell it to their customers who use WHMCS...

Would anyone be intrested in this? It would be at a much lower price, also you can ramp the price up for your customers as other hosts won't have this feature...

Let me know :)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looking at Bandwidth Mailer & 4.3.1:

It seems that WHMCS sets all usage stats to 0 before Bandwidth Mailer can run, and then they're set back to the real values. I don't know if that's exactly correct but that is what seems to be happening. That's why it works when you send them 'manually'.

The solution to this is to create a cron file for Bandwidth Mailer. I'll get on with that now and that should fix the issue.

Josh

• 1 month later...

Josh

Im wondering if this script will still work with the latest release?

also is there a way or could a way be developed to pass the info on usage from a 3rd party script to the system?

for example we use Manage Engine's netflow analyzer for bandwidth metrics and would like to incorporate the data from it for virtual and dedicated clients into this

could this be possible?

Josh

Im wondering if this script will still work with the latest release?

also is there a way or could a way be developed to pass the info on usage from a 3rd party script to the system?

for example we use Manage Engine's netflow analyzer for bandwidth metrics and would like to incorporate the data from it for virtual and dedicated clients into this

could this be possible?

@Snowman

It will be classed as a 'legacy' module with the latest release of WHMCS (4.4.1) and will still work, yes. In the future, when I get time, I will convert it into the new type of module, as with all of my modules. This will be a while in the making though, as my to-do list keeps growing day by day!

WHMCS has a MySQL table, tblhosting. In there are all your services... active/inactive/hosting/dedicated/one-off etc etc.

Also, there are fields for bandwidth, disk space, limits & usage. For each service... If you "Manage Engine's netflow analyzer" imports stats into these fields, Bandwidth Mailer will work. Providing you uncheck the box to 'check products type' as this will force Bandwidth Mailer to only send mail for 'Hosting Clients' where as you want it to send mail for dedicated servers etc.

So yes, Bandwidth Mailer can work for you, providing you import the data into those fields...

I hope I made myself clear there... In simple terms, if your module you use for the service supports usage statistics import, then Bandwidth Mailer will work with them.

Josh

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...