cart.php error 500

asd200

Hello WHMCS community!

I have problem with internal server error (error 500) when I'm trying to lookup domain.

Every try there is 3 requests to cart.php and very often minimum one POST request giving error 500 (totaly randomly - sometime for type:domain, sometime for type:spotlight and type:suggestions).

And after script falls loading spinner is never end.

I have php 5.6 on apache server with cPanel

WHMCS 7.1.1

Cart temp is standard_cart

This is error log from cpanel, but for sure I have free resources to handle this request:

[Mon Jan 30 14:38:25.738866 2017] [:error] [pid 857254] (12)Cannot allocate memory: [client 91.199.246.106:26132] couldn't create child process: /opt/suphp/sbin/suphp for /home/linkbo/public_html/panel/cart.php, referer: https://panel.linkbox.hosting/cart.php?a=add&domain=register

Look on attached screen

Thanks for your cary and help!!lb-post-error-500.png

whenever you're using a custom template (e.g linkbox), and you start seeing errors, the first thing to do is to test the site using a clean version of "Six" (for your version of WHMCS) and see if the error still occurs...

https://panel.linkbox.hosting/cart.php?a=add&domain=register&systpl=six

if it doesn't, then there is an issue with your custom template - if there is still an error, then you need to investigate further.

it's possible that you have too many alternate TLDs highlighted to lookup - so the server is timing out when doing the domain search... if using standard whois, limiting that list to about 10-15 is usually the way to go.

setup -> products/services -> domain pricing -> lookup provider

HkDC3nJ.png

Thanks for quick reply.

I tried already to change template to basic 'six' but error is still there. I changed also number of sugestions...

It's strange but with "Modern" cart theme there is no errors, but I don't like the way how it looks :/

I tried already to change template to basic 'six' but error is still there. I changed also number of suggestions...

to how many?? for now, i'd limit it to only one - .com :idea:

one possibility is that you've hit .pl whois lookup limits - which are 100 per day.... as you have 150+ .pl extensions in your WHMCS, if all those (or even some) were in your alternate TLD lookup list, you will have easily passed the limit with multiple searches.

http://www.dns.pl/whois.html#9

Allowed, average, daily response limit is set to 100 regarding one IP address. If the limit is exceeded, data from the database will not be sent back and one will have to wait until the counter decreases below the threshold value.

It's strange but with "Modern" cart theme there is no errors, but I don't like the way how it looks :/

there are errors even with Modern - if you search for 'googlekhjhjhj.pl', your WHMCS says that the domain is unavailable... if I try it on one of our devs, or the dns.pl website, it says that it is available - that implies to me that there is an error with your results (or WHMCS can't understand what the server is sending back to it).

I suggested removing all the alternative TLDs, apart from .com, because there shouldn't be any whois lookup limits with .com. :idea:

I should also mention that even though you have 150+ .pl TLDs priced in your WHMCS, the default whois lookup file in WHMCS only contains about 30 - so for the other 120+, WHMCS will say they are unavailable whether they are or not. :roll:

http://docs.whmcs.com/WHOIS_Servers

I already solved error 500 problem - it was server issue.

one possibility is that you've hit .pl whois lookup limits - which are 100 per day.... as you have 150+ .pl extensions in your WHMCS, if all those (or even some) were in your alternate TLD lookup list, you will have easily passed the limit with multiple searches.

@brian! Two question for your reply:

- seriously it's only 100 requests per day for lookup .pl extension (as I understand waw.pl or net.pl is counting as well)?

- I'm using now standard lookup - is there any solution to increase this 100 requests? Becouse I would like to offer all extensions I have now (I will use only 15 domains extensions for sugestions, as you recommend)

Thanks in advance

@brian! Two question for your reply:

- seriously it's only 100 requests per day for lookup .pl extension (as I understand waw.pl or net.pl is counting as well)?

yes - all requests to the .pl whois server will count.. whether it's for .pl, .net.pl or any of the regional/functional .pl extensions too. :roll:

most ccTLDs tend to have similar lookup limits - Belgium (.be) and Netherlands (.nl) do... from memory, I think it's 15 per day for .nl :)

even TLDs, such as those from Donuts*, have a lookup limit - so if you lookup too many or too often, then you'll start getting replies from the server which WHMCS will interpret as the domain being unavailable... you won't receive any error, but you might notice your sales dropping!

* .equipment,.gallery,.graphics,.lighting,.photography,.directory,.technology,.today,.bike, and lots more!

I'm using now standard lookup - is there any solution to increase this 100 requests? Because I would like to offer all extensions I have now (I will use only 15 domains extensions for suggestions, as you recommend)

not easily - the problem you have is that these registries don't want people to use whois for looking up domain availability - as it's not really it's intended purpose - it should really only be used to find out who owns a domain, not if it's available or not.

WHMCS has always used whois to search for domain availability - but originally there wasn't an alternative.

most registries now have specific tools for domain availability and these tend not to have lookup limits upon them... i'm not sure if .pl has one, though their site mentions a "domain availability browser" which allows 60 queries per hour... perhaps not enough for your needs, but about the best you can do.

I would suggest that you do three things (some or all - up to you!)...

1. email whois@dns.pl and ask them about their whois lookup limits and perhaps whether your server IP can be whitelisted for additional queries.

2. examine the other lookup providers in the WHMCS domain pricing page - if one of them resells .pl domains, then you should be able to use them to query .pl domains at the 60 per hour limit... AFAIK, they don't (resellerclub and NEO certainly don't).

3. if dns.pl offer an API/EPP solution (perhaps this domain availability browser?), then you may need to get a developer to write an addon for WHMCS to interact with it to get the results - but again, I believe you'll still be limited to the 60 per hour rule... if you need to do that, you can post in Service Offers & Requests.